Sheridans Q&A

Anyone got a roundup of what was said tonight? Couldn't go so missed out!!

Have I missed something?!?...

Where was this gig tonight, who hosted it and why was it seemingly treated as such low key event given all the rumours that are currently flying about?

"Just been at a q and a with shez. And he admitted Leeds is one of those clubs he'd find hard to turn down. But nothing been said yet."

"shez said no approaches made for him. But Leeds and shef wed are two teams he always dreamed of managing."

Edited by Twisbrogan

"Just been at a q and a with shez. And he admitted Leeds is one of those clubs he'd find hard to turn down. But nothing been said yet."

I was going to quote that too. Very telling. In these situations, it's more about what is not said, than what is said isn't it. Edited by singe

- The Leeds job is all rumours but he would go if he got offered the job. He wouldn't go to Bolton. No contact from either team.

- Croft hasn't been offered a contract yet. He has been invited to pre season and they will see how things go.

- Coleman isn't first choice for next season. He is looking to sign an experienced keeper.

- Jones wanted to much money. He can get a better player for less money.

- Gregan was the problem at the dogs.

- looking to sign around 8 players. Signing loan players will happen close to the start of the season.

- Shez can see a player in Winchester but he needs to sort himself out.

- He has offered a contract to Halloway. He didn't mention any of the other loan players.

- The Leeds job is all rumours but he would go if he got offered the job. He wouldn't go to Bolton. No contact from either team.

- Croft hasn't been offered a contract yet. He has been invited to pre season and they will see how things go.

- Coleman isn't first choice for next season. He is looking to sign an experienced keeper.

- looking to sign around 8 players. Signing loan players will happen close to the start of the season.

- He has offered a contract to Halloway. He didn't mention any of the other loan players.

Cheers

The Coleman thing seems bonkers to me. Talented player - stick with him

He's had no contact from Leeds or Bolton but he was honest that if either Leeds or Sheff Weds ever came in for him we've got to understand that those are big clubs & are very close to his heart.... That said he questioned whether he's done enough as a manager to get that kind of job.

He's a City fan rather than a red... Which surprised me, him being a red has always been touted as common knowledge.

He rates Mike Jones but feels he can get as good for less money than Jones's option was for. Also has a gut feeling he's already got something else lined up.

Mantack is his biggest hope from the youth team.

Winchester is a good player but needs a rocket up his arse.

He mentioned "If" we could sign Matty Palmer as if it wasn't out of the question (but nobody pushed him on it).

Gerrard wants too much money but might get a reality check as the weeks go by.

Richie Wellens will probably become an agent rather than a manager.

Stan Bowles (?!) & Andy Ritchie were there. Apparently Bowles has attended several of Tony F's do's there.

Daz Shez disputes his record of red cards in all 4 competitions in one season claiming one of them was "never a red".

He expects to sign 8 or 9 players.

Gregan was his best ever signing as a manager.

The Tesco Costa Coffee pic was taken by a large lady who'd been eating chips and curry.

He regrets not signing another striker in addition to Porter and Warne in his first season as that might have got us up.

Although they still should have been good enough to stay up he now realises he made a mistake being loyal to so many of the Chesterfield players that got him promoted and has learnt from that.

I am quote happy to bet quite a few bob that Shez did not say explicitly "I am staying". And a few more Bob that what he said was ambiguous enough that it could be give hope he would stay, but not be false If he did leave.

He said he is "committed to Oldham Athletic" for what that's worth.

To be fair he was totally honest, don't know what more he could have said. He "wouldn't take the piss out of us, this is the god's honest truth" etc. "No contact from Leeds, all rumours, big club, close to my heart, but of course I'd be interested".

He's had no contact from Leeds or Bolton but he was honest that if either Leeds or Sheff Weds ever came in for him we've got to understand that those are big clubs & are very close to his heart.... That said he questioned whether he's done enough as a manager to get that kind of job.

He's a City fan rather than a red... Which surprised me, him being a red has always been touted as common knowledge.

He rates Mike Jones but feels he can get as good for less money than Jones's option was for. Also has a gut feeling he's already got something else lined up.

Mantack is his biggest hope from the youth team.

Winchester is a good player but needs a rocket up his arse.

He mentioned "If" we could sign Matty Palmer as if it wasn't out of the question (but nobody pushed him on it).

Gerrard wants too much money but might get a reality check as the weeks go by.

Richie Wellens will probably become an agent rather than a manager.

Stan Bowles (?!) & Andy Ritchie were there. Apparently Bowles has attended several of Tony F's do's there.

Daz Shez disputes his record of red cards in all 4 competitions in one season claiming one of them was "never a red".

He expects to sign 8 or 9 players.

Gregan was his best ever signing as a manager.

The Tesco Costa Coffee pic was taken by a large lady who'd been eating chips and curry.

He regrets not signing another striker in addition to Porter and Warne in his first season as that might have got us up.

Although they still should have been good enough to stay up he now realises he made a mistake being loyal to so many of the Chesterfield players that got him promoted and has learnt from that.

Thanks for this.

He said he is "committed to Oldham Athletic" for what that's worth.

To be fair he was totally honest, don't know what more he could have said. He "wouldn't take the piss out of us, this is the god's honest truth" etc. "No contact from Leeds, all rumours, big club, close to my heart, but of course I'd be interested".

Seems totally fair, reasonable & honest. Couldn't begrudge him a dream move but don't doubt his integrity in wanting to give his all for us until it happens.

Also mentioned Dom Pol contract offer is not on the same level of money he was on this year, I got the impression Winchester made be off he said he was in a comfort zone in Oldham and needed a rocket up his arse.

He also talked about dog gate. He said Hughes was an innocent party and just having a laugh. It was Gregan who caused the trouble, he did something to Chris Taylor, Shez wouldn't say what. Shez was pissed as well and he admits he didn't handle it very well.

He also talked about dog gate. He said Hughes was an innocent party and just having a laugh. It was Gregan who caused the trouble, he did something to Chris Taylor, Shez wouldn't say what. Shez was pissed as well and he admits he didn't handle it very well.

My memories from the dogs...

Hughes was hammered, shouting and singing songs but I didn't see him involved in any trouble as such...

Gregan knocked me down the stairs whilst scrapping with the bouncer who was throwing him out, not sure what he was being thrown out for though...

Neal Eardley (I think) was wearing one of the :censored:test jumpers I've ever seen...

Hughes was hammered, shouting and singing songs but I didn't see him involved in any trouble as such...

Gregan knocked me down the stairs whilst scrapping with the bouncer who was throwing him out, not sure what he was being thrown out for though...

Neal Eardley (I think) was wearing one of the :censored:test jumpers I've ever seen...

This seems to match what shez said. Hughes was stitched up by the media. God knows what Gregan did though......

.....Gregan knocked me down the stairs whilst scrapping with the bouncer who was throwing him out, not sure what he was being thrown out for though...

Gregan allegedly displayed something to which the female staff took offence and complained. The internal inquiry at Latics resulted in Gregan being fined two weeks' wages.......not for the first time.