Wages unpaid?

Don't turn on me. It's not me that is killing the club now is it. And no I shall not be disappearing to support a prem team but many many thousands have and more will be driven to do so under the current regime until the club is dead. I want change.

Of course I don't want to see us getting relegated or going into admin. I want to see us run responsibility working to a long term plan. I want a club to be proud of. My feelings of desperation are such that i am willing to consider the idea that something bad may have to happen to achieve that. In lieu of a new millionaire buyer that might mean things getting worse before they get better.

The club needs change. How exactly is that going to come about?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear for us all to see westy. I no longer have any interest in the footballing side of this club. Couldn't care less who we get as manager and who leaves. I also couldn't care less if we get relegated. 17th place in league one year after year is what is killing this club. That is more damaging (long term) than relegation or even administration.

if you have no interest in the footballing side of the club what interest do you have ?

Don't turn on me. It's not me that is killing the club now is it. And no I shall not be disappearing to support a prem team but many many thousands have and more will be driven to do so under the current regime until the club is dead. I want change.

Of course I don't want to see us getting relegated or going into admin. I want to see us run responsibility working to a long term plan. I want a club to be proud of. My feelings of desperation are such that i am willing to consider the idea that something bad may have to happen to achieve that. In lieu of a new millionaire buyer that might mean things getting worse before they get better.

The club needs change. How exactly is that going to come about?

What do you suggest?

Give your head a wobble. . Go support someone in the prem. Welcome to league 1 football.

I don't think personal abuse is quite called for. Supported the club for over 30 years myself but I've been bored :censored:less by the lack of ambition by the club in the last few years to the point of stagnation. In 20 seasons only a couple of tilts at the play-offs and countless mid-table finishes? Nah thanks.

I don't have answers. Am just encouraging others to try and take a step back and look at what they want for the club long term.

We as fans need to be asking such questions and trying to hold the owners to account to bring about change. How we go about that I have no idea right now but the Sheridan situation should be bringing fans together to do something about this truly dire set of circumstances. This is the lowest point in my life as a fan.

I don't have answers. Am just encouraging others to try and take a step back and look at what they want for the club long term.

We as fans need to be asking such questions and trying to hold the owners to account to bring about change. How we go about that I have no idea right now but the Sheridan situation should be bringing fans together to do something about this truly dire set of circumstances. This is the lowest point in my life as a fan.

You don't remember the summer of 2003 then?!!! I certainly don't want those days back

I do remember it. I also remember that we secured new buyers with ambition (ambition now long gone) and within three years were back in the playoffs. Administration was the catalyst. Any prospect of a tilt at the playoffs in three years from now under the current regime?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but we need change. That's change, not a continuation of the current strategy of running the club on shoestring and doing no more than is needed to stay in league 1. People do not appear to understand just how damaging this strategy is to the long term sustainability of this club. Stop accepting this god awful situation.

we were not on 4K when he current owners took over. They have overseen ten years of decline. I Where might we be in another ten years under their control?

That's my point. We are going backwards in all areas. Happy to accept that we are where we are right now but it's the forward looking trajectory that is worrying.

Can someone please give me a sensible prediction of where this club will be in ten years of still controlled by the current owners?

Lots of factors behind fall in attendances, knocking down the Lookers was bad call, more games on TV etc but people of Oldham have to take share of blame as well, they've abandoned their team at time when needed most.

Not getting into another OEC debate but things are moving forward off the pitch, if nothing else new stand should make us more attractive to potential investors once asking price drops.

we were not on 4K when he current owners took over. They have overseen ten years of decline. I Where might we be in another ten years under their control?

That's my point. We are going backwards in all areas. Happy to accept that we are where we are right now but it's the forward looking trajectory that is worrying.

Can someone please give me a sensible prediction of where this club will be in ten years of still controlled by the current owners?

The glory supporters were back at the time because we'd just been in playoffs. Same ones who only turn up for Liverpool cup games then moan because tickets are 25 quid.

The club is up for sale. You do sound like a broken record because of the fact Corney etc will sell the club for a price they deem fair. And before you say they're asking too much nobody knows.

My prediction of where we'll be in 10 years is still league 1.

What's so dire about sustaining League 1 football on 4000 gates? Who would want to buy into that level of support?

I hope you're not suggesting that Corneys plan was to gradually chip away at the support so that what was a saleable club, with reasonable support and an option to buy back its ground below market value, ends up as an unsaleable club with poor support and no net assets?

That would be a particularly machiavellian ruse.

I can't imagine that supporters would be foolish enough not to see it.

The only person who will buy this club is someone daft like me who wins the euro lottery. If the rumours on asking price are right it is a non starter from any sort of business perspective.

The North Stand might make us appear a better buy but if this has been funded by the football club with a lease until 2030 I would think taking on just the football club and leaving the land in the ownership of them over there is most unattractive. How the current rumoured arrangements can be regarded as arm's length transactions is beyond me - football club pays for stand but doesn't get all the income generated! Corney might have been a bit too clever with his financial dealings and made it less likely that a buyer will ever be found with administration never an option given how much them over there would stand to lose.

Wages will be found, the delay in building a team welcomed and every penny that can be will be put into finishing the great white elephant of the North Stand.

We are going backwards because no one is prepared to put money into the manager/playing fund above budget.

Other than a wealthy fan, why on earth would they?

Meanwhile fans continually fall by the wayside at the falling standards, why on earth wouldn't they?

Most managers fail any way and very few are consistently successful at different clubs.

Meanwhile the stalwarts will try and keep us ticking over.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Lots of factors behind fall in attendances, knocking down the Lookers was bad call, more games on TV etc but people of Oldham have to take share of blame as well, they've abandoned their team at time when needed most.

Not getting into another OEC debate but things are moving forward off the pitch, if nothing else new stand should make us more attractive to potential investors once asking price drops.

Why would the asking price drop?

We are going backwards because no one is prepared to put money into the manager/playing fund above budget.

Other than a wealthy fan, why on earth would they?

Meanwhile fans continually fall by the wayside at the falling standards, why on earth wouldn't they?

Most managers fail any way and very few are consistently successful at different clubs.

Meanwhile the stalwarts will try and keep us ticking over.

Norman Stoller gives £4million toward a new Oldham arts centre, didn't he once have an interest in Latics?