Jimmy Frizz Stand and Statue polls

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should the North Stand be named the Jimmy Frizzell Stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
  2. 2. Would you contribute to a crowdfunded statue of Jimmy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. If you indicated Yes to crowdfund a statue, how much would you contribute?

• £1-2
    • £5
    • £10
    • £20
    • £25
    • £30
    • £40 or more
    • n/a

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said it wouldn't. Voted it should the poll. Unsure of your point.

No Major one, I just thought you were saying everyone will refer to it as the North Stand still rather than Frizzell. Of course , some will still. but hopefully over time Frizzell Stand would become the adopted name over North Stand.

Just to give you a quick update.

The club and the trust are working on some sort of permanent memorial/reminder and have already taken your suggestions on board. Thanks

I am sure once they have thrashed out all the possibles ideas, they will speak to the family and then ask for feedback from fans on the possibles too

Tba folks. In the meantime the suggestion of the Walsall match being at least an acknowledgement has been taken on board and will be going ahead as this was announced last week..I think

Edited by underdog

Just to give you a quick update.

The club and the trust are working on some sort of permanent memorial/reminder and have already taken your suggestions on board. Thanks

I am sure once they have thrashed out all the possibles ideas, they will speak to the family and then ask for feedback from fans on the possibles too

Tba folks. In the meantime the suggestion of the Walsall match being at least an acknowledgement has been taken on board and will be going ahead as this was announced last week..I think

SC suggested a wooden bench with a plaque?

Everton rename Gwladys St. after Howard Kendall.

Hope the club have this The Jimmy Frizzell Stand in the pipeline to unveil during the new season.

Wa going to link as is does more or less what I was envisaging. Good to see the Trust working on it, and yes, family have final say.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3686124/Everton-rename-Goodison-Park-stands-honour-club-legends-Howard-Kendall-Sir-Philip-Carter.html

Agreed. How about changing furtherwood road, then sheepfoot lane stays intact?

That'd be fair enough. Any other road name isn't as synonymous with us or as important as Sheepfoot Lane. Before my time but you'd have to be a simpleton to not agree that Frizzell deserved a statue, even if we do change a road name.

How about Hilbre Avenue, the road leading to the North Stand? Jimmy Frizzell lived a stones throw from that turning, and it literally leads directly to the opening of the car park/stand, where many home and away fans walk past each game.

Dear all

The club working with the trust are going to look into a more permanent fitting tribute for Mr. Frizzle.

Once they have narrowed the options down and spoken to the family too, I'm sure there will be an announcement to fans.

The remberance starts today with I believe the wearing of armbands and then more to follow when we play Walsall.

TBA folks