Jimmy Frizz Stand and Statue polls

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should the North Stand be named the Jimmy Frizzell Stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
  2. 2. Would you contribute to a crowdfunded statue of Jimmy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. If you indicated Yes to crowdfund a statue, how much would you contribute?

• £1-2
    • £5
    • £10
    • £20
    • £25
    • £30
    • £40 or more
    • n/a

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The XYZ sponsored Jimmy Frizzell stand I think could be a happy medium we need a sponsor for that stand and we can still salute the great man in the process.

Do we know how much a statue would cost?

Fulham raised £100,000 for a statue last season.

Something should definitely be done by the club, or us, or preferably both.....

Once it is let's next do something for Joe Royle while he's still alive. And Ritchie, Pamer, Groves etc....

The new stand could have had some kind of permanent tribute or timeline to our greats and our history and probably still could. We're :censored: at stuff like that....

Once it is let's next do something for Joe Royle while he's still alive. And Ritchie, Pamer, Groves etc....

The new stand could have had some kind of permanent tribute or timeline to our greats and our history and probably still could. We're :censored: at stuff like that....

City have the names of legends round the stadium. Latics could do the same with the empty grey bit above the boxes.

City have the names of legends round the stadium. Latics could do the same with the empty grey bit above the boxes.

Done. But our club think we only have about 12 legends and three of those are the current chairman and his two mates who couldn't give a :censored: about the club anymore.

Wasn't we ment to be having a club museum in the new stand.. our club legends could be commemorated in there.. If it ever gets built that is

The XYZ sponsored Jimmy Frizzell stand I think could be a happy medium we need a sponsor for that stand and we can still salute the great man in the process.

I think the stand name would be better than the statue if we had to choose just one - even if it gets sponsored we need a default name for the stand to revert to when the sponsorship deal ends.

Awful thing to say and contemplate and hopefully it won't be for many many years yet, but we need to leave something for when it's Joe. Statue for Frizz and the stand for Joe (or vice versa) would be my suggestion

Napoli were going to name their stadium after Maradona but it's prohibited to name a public building after somebody before they've been dead 10 years...

Awful thing to say and contemplate and hopefully it won't be for many many years yet, but we need to leave something for when it's Joe. Statue for Frizz and the stand for Joe (or vice versa) would be my suggestion

I know what you mean. Not quite tight to talk about it, but I'd say any new Chaddy End or much more appropriately new Main Stand could be ear marked. Edited by singe

Napoli were going to name their stadium after Maradona but it's prohibited to name a public building after somebody before they've been dead 10 years...

In Italy, that is.

Whilst I'm open to the argument that Lord Ferg was a member of the Army of the Dead for a good portion of the last two decades he was still managing United when they named the stand after him.

I think it is on certain devices and is an OWTB thing. 70+ votes so far. Worked on my Android phone. What we're you using?

It's not the device it's the poll. I probably wouldn't contribute to a well deserved statue and therefore I can't answer Q3, but I must answer all questions to vote.