Jimmy Frizz Stand and Statue polls

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should the North Stand be named the Jimmy Frizzell Stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
  2. 2. Would you contribute to a crowdfunded statue of Jimmy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. If you indicated Yes to crowdfund a statue, how much would you contribute?

• £1-2
    • £5
    • £10
    • £20
    • £25
    • £30
    • £40 or more
    • n/a

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 7 that voted not to name the stand after Jimmy, what were the reasons for that? Every rightright, just curious.

I would name the stand after him but I think a statue is just because other clubs have stated doing it over the last few year.

We have nowhere to put it as our car park is falling to bits and has been designed to hold less cars than a year ago (genius!)

I think a statue next to a run down :censored:hole wont look good. A statue is not the worst idea but maybe not the right time imo

a few years down the line then maybe look at it again. but where would we put Joe's statue?

Legends-walk.jpg

My rugby league club "St George Dragons" have this legends walk outside the main stand - about 20 names - with a picture and brief history of the player or coach. The plinth is a place for supporters to contribute and have their name on a tile brick which pays for the whole set-up.

It must have been there about ten years and has not to my knowledge been damaged or vandalised no doubt in part to carefully chosen materials and a rather obvious couple of CCTV cameras.

I think it is the right balance between subtle and classy

Thoughts?

If you vote no to the statue you still have to put an amount down in option 3 or your vote count.

Can we have £0 option.

It's not the device it's the poll. I probably wouldn't contribute to a well deserved statue and therefore I can't answer Q3, but I must answer all questions to vote.

'n/a' option now added to Q3.

Another pic of the 'walk'

This with the stand named the "sponser" Jimmy Frizzell stand would work for me. I know we have the named bricks but are they really that stand out / obvious?

2007_legends-walk_0.jpg

A legends concourse in front of the North Stand would get my vote. Combined with attractive lighting, this could be a very njice feature. I have procured similar signs through my job and this would be an affordable option which is not beyond the realms of a supporter funded scheme. Naming the stand after this legend would also be a fantastic gesture, although naming the supporters bar or one of the function rooms may be a more realistic option for the owners.

So the 7 that voted not to name the stand after Jimmy, what were the reasons for that? Every rightright, just curious.

Royle, Ritchie and Palmer ahead of him in that sort of queue for me. It'd be a real shame for those to not be honoured while they are still with us.

Edited by Clifford

Regarding the naming of the new stand - It does not have any sponsorship just yet so right now is the best time to name the stand after him. Of course when we do get sponsorship -say for 3 years - then the name of the stand becomes "sponsor name" stand but at the end of the sponsorship the name reverts to the Jim Frizzell stand again and just like the Chaddy end or Boundary Park despite the official sponsorship name the stand will forever more be called the Jimmy Frizzell stand amongst fans, message boards, and the like.

officially calling it the Jimmy Frizzell stand next week will not affect future sponsorship will it?

Mike Ashley may disagree on this point. Remember, he sponsored the whole ground which put our budget 'in line with those at the top end of the table.'

My bad - I thought it was Boundary park that had been renamed not the individual stands

So when you go to the ticket office how do you differentiate between the main stand and the Frizzell / North stand?

Simple... Sponsorship brings in money... Jimmy is a legend but the club needs cold hard cash...

Agree. I am not proposing it prevent sponorship at all. The underlying name is the Jimmy Frizzell Stand, If Optima Cars came in It could be the Optima Cars Frizzell Stand. If it was Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Station, then I don't think Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Jimmy Frizzell would work, and it would revert to Jimmy Frizzell stand after sponsodhip ends.

#pedant ????

But to answer the question, I suppose if I went to the ticket office and wanted a ticket, I would say (like everybody else) 'Hi, can I have a ticket for the main stand/rochdale road/north stand, please?'

Edited by Monty Burns

#pedant

But to answer the question, I suppose if I went to the ticket office and wanted a ticket, I would say (like everybody else) 'Hi, can I have a ticket for the main stand/rochdale road/north stand, please?'

That's the bit where it does work, we all call it the Frizzell Stand and everyone refers to it as that.

Edited by singe