Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Why would Simon Corney need a new company for LED Media? Is the money not going back to the club? Registered in a way that doesn't link to his other appointments on Companies House. 

Am I being thick, genuinely what's the connect between corney, our clubs address of this company, the company itself and product/services it will supply?

Cheers

I agree not uncommon to protect assets this way - an event centre for example. I've no idea what the cost might be but to protect pitch side advertising? How far is protecting of assets taken? Perhaps more about the income which presumably won't belong to the club - but then I guess the funding of the purchase was not done from the club either. 

I am newer to this than most but so much around the ownership and running of the club is smoke and mirrors and the lack of communication on so many levels is staggering. I've been to every home game since January buying tickets for each online and have never had one email from the club trying to market their services.... 

7 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

I agree not uncommon to protect assets this way - an event centre for example. I've no idea what the cost might be but to protect pitch side advertising? How far is protecting of assets taken? Perhaps more about the income which presumably won't belong to the club - but then I guess the funding of the purchase was not done from the club either. 

I am newer to this than most but so much around the ownership and running of the club is smoke and mirrors and the lack of communication on so many levels is staggering. I've been to every home game since January buying tickets for each online and have never had one email from the club trying to market their services.... 

Thank you and most insightful.

oh yes, welcome to the world of OAFC and owtb...OAFC are a bit behind the times with fan liaising...yes again that's my opinion hehehe

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But they haven't so...

Is that because Corney said so or is the money being held by a third party, that money if it isn't already should be transferred into the Trusts bank account for safe keeping.

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Is this a fact?

Unless Mr Moisley and Mr Corney are liars, yes. They both considered the fencing to be a replacement to what we would consider a scoreboard. Maybe you should take it up with them yourself?

Can I ask a question here to the Trust people on this thread.

When you started out with the Tifosy thing and set out to raise money for the scoreboard. Did you ever discuss what would happen if you didn't raise enough money to cover the cost of a scoreboard I.E. the situation we are in now?

I think you did really well to raise as much as you did but getting a 6 figure sum always looked a tall order.

53 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

So 15 pages in and for us thickheads on this board can anyone recap on what's actually happened here?

<nutshell>

The Trust forced Corney into admitting the £27k for the scoreboard was still available, despite concerns it had been spent on perimeter boarding.

It also appears Corney has set up his own LED management company so he can flog it to other football clubs and retain ownership of the board at latics.

</nutshell>

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can I ask a question here to the Trust people on this thread.

When you started out with the Tifosy thing and set out to raise money for the scoreboard. Did you ever discuss what would happen if you didn't raise enough money to cover the cost of a scoreboard I.E. the situation we are in now?

I think you did really well to raise as much as you did but getting a 6 figure sum always looked a tall order.

It was the club who started it all. They asked the fans what we would want to raise money for then they set the target with Tifosy. When it was obvious that the target wasn't going to be reached, Simon Brooke agreed that the Trust would step in and help out. The target was lowered to a realistic amount which would still buy a scoreboard and it was reached. 

Quite why the reps of the Trust have to explain the events in a timeline again and again is quite amazing.  Read the thread people.

The Trust should be praised for doing what all the moaners (including myself) want them to be doing. They seem to have 'achieved' protection of the monies.

I have some of those scorecards from the cricket which will be fine so long as the score is 4-4. 6-4, 6-6 or 4-6 They will be free. Claim your monies back people.

Its all been 'smoke and mirrors' from the club yet again. Will they ever learn? Probably Not.  

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

It was the club who started it all. They asked the fans what we would want to raise money for then they set the target with Tifosy. When it was obvious that the target wasn't going to be reached, Simon Brooke agreed that the Trust would step in and help out. The target was lowered to a realistic amount which would still buy a scoreboard and it was reached. 

Thanks for clarifying that.

So the club have failed to deliver on a promise in the meantime we have had a winding up petition where a liability appears to have been paid at the very last minute. We then have flash new advertising boards which you would think would help bring in more sponsorship money but appear to be going to one if Corney's associated companies.

They really do themselves no favours whatsoever.

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So the club have failed to deliver on a promise in the meantime we have had a winding up petition where a liability appears to have been paid at the very last minute. We then have flash new advertising boards which you would think would help bring in more sponsorship money but appear to be going to one if Corney's associated companies.

Pssssttt....the club says the liability is paid and there should be a retraction...however no retraction it has happened yet. 

oh yes ever the pessimist I am how long does it take for a retraction to be published once satisfied I wonder..hmmm

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

No problem at all Glossop. 

There's no saying that the money is going to that new company but it's strange that it's been set up. 

LaticsLen - the company is called LED Media Ltd, it doesn't sound like a lighting company. 

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm waiting for him to have the pitch relaid, it will be owned by a third party company and we will have to pay £2000 a time for the privilege of playing on it.

To be honest, if the rumoured £800k layout needed is true then £2k a game would be a bargain.

12 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

To be honest, if the rumoured £800k layout needed is true then £2k a game would be a bargain.

He'd be in profit in less than 2 years though. 

It doesn't sound too much when you break it down like that actually. I wonder if you can claim depreciation on it? 

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He'd be in profit in less than 2 years though. 

It doesn't sound too much when you break it down like that actually. I wonder if you can claim depreciation on it? 

My maths makes it a lot longer than two years?