Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the new perimeter advertising will provide the capacity for electronic advertisements, and one of the original purposes for the scoreboard was to also facilitate that revenue, does that mean that function is no longer required?

Will it be an Anfield/old-RRE-type scoreboard after all?

Maybe .... we could use some of that scoreboard money to advertise on the new perimiter LEDs that SC is somthing that rhymes with Punt .... Its a win win .... I know I'm making light of a serious situation, but lets face it, venting your spleen on a message board isnt going to change the world.

43 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Maybe .... we could use some of that scoreboard money to advertise on the new perimiter LEDs that SC is somthing that rhymes with Punt .... Its a win win .... I know I'm making light of a serious situation, but lets face it, venting your spleen on a message board isnt going to change the world.

I might hire a plane with a banner with words to that effect.

So let me get this straight...the Trust were (are *cough*) going to get a percentage of the revenue the scoreboard makes...but at present, we've now got lovely Advertising boards which (joining them dots) are owned by Simon's other company LED Media who will take all the revenue.

Fucking priceless :lol:

No wonder the club are shouting from the rooftops "come get your money back"...they'd love every single one to get their money from the fund...does anyone honestly see a scoreboard going up any time soon which would take revenue away from Simons own company? Nahhhhh,

What next...Simon setting up the company Pay2Piss and sticking £0.30p turnstiles on the bogs???

Edited by boundaryblue80

On 1 April 2017 at 11:32 PM, leeslover said:

So say thank you to the Trust that (as we are told) the scoreboard money is still there. Because it was certainly gone to the fencing beforehand 

You know my brain takes a bit to kick in, but I have to support LL over this because of the email conversations I have had with the clubs CEO over the last 6 weeks with regards to the refund for my scoreboard donation.

At no point did the CEO state the scoreboard was still going ahead and to give it more time, or try and persuade me not to have a refund.

Wouldn't you think he would want to keep my money if it was going ahead, or at least to confirm that we were getting a scoreboard minimum?

1 hour ago, underdog said:

You know my brain takes a bit to kick in, but I have to support LL over this because of the email conversations I have had with the clubs CEO over the last 6 weeks with regards to the refund for my scoreboard donation.

At no point did the CEO state the scoreboard was still going ahead and to give it more time, or try and persuade me not to have a refund.

Wouldn't you think he would want to keep my money if it was going ahead, or at least to confirm that we were getting a scoreboard minimum?

Club offers refund

Refund is requested

Club agrees to refund

Complains that club are doing as asked

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Comes across as a moan to me. Imagine the reaction if they said let us keep the money we promise it's coming

Well it at least it wouldn't have contradicted the statement if they had said that. 

Underdog contacts CEO on 30.03.17 and says...."hey instead of a refund how about give me the equivalent credit to buy a season ticket at the early bird discount?"

04.04.17 no response from CEO as of 1pm

Underdog missed out on Early bird promotion..boo hoo sniff

Yes a slight moan

20 hours ago, underdog said:

Underdog contacts CEO on 30.03.17 and says...."hey instead of a refund how about give me the equivalent credit to buy a season ticket at the early bird discount?"

Yes a slight moan

Nothing to moan about as the glaring mistake you made was expecting a reply within 2days to allow you to receive the credit for the early bird offer knowing full well the club always takes 10steps backwards before even attempting one forward.

On 04/04/2017 at 0:55 PM, underdog said:

Yes a slight moan

Weird post.  Just buy the ticket and refund yourself with the score board refund. You can't blame other people for your own inability to manage a rather simple transaction. 

43 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Weird post.  Just buy the ticket and refund yourself with the score board refund. You can't blame other people for your own inability to manage a rather simple transaction. 

Club have my family's money, I offered them an alternative rather than a refund and I still haven't had a response.

It's my clubs inability to sort this out or they could have had more money off me by the deadline. But hey ho...it's not like the club need the money 

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Club have my family's money, I offered them an alternative rather than a refund and I still haven't had a response.

It's my clubs inability to sort this out or they could have had more money off me by the deadline. But hey ho...it's not like the club need the money 

Bloody hell, how much did you donate!!??

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bloody hell, how much did you donate!!??

£200.00, £50 from my personal season ticket kickback last season

£150.00 for a limited edition signed Livepool/latics print that the hubby paid for. so limited edition it is, that the club have not been able to locate it for 10 months now to give it to us. Hubby not a latics fan so I said I would sort him out if the club credited me for a season ticket instead.

Not that it matters, but I could have quite comfortable paid the £100 difference then outright before the deadline Without sticking it on finance or a credit card and the club would have had some more money out of me that way.

So, I haven't renewed yet as I still haven't heard back from the CEO.

you see I can be patient at times

Edited by underdog

Sorry Underdog but your last post on your £150 donation for a limited edition signed Liverpool/OAFC print, "so limited edition it is, the Club have not been able to locate it for 10 months" proper made me chuckle

Rubbish way for our Club to treat one of our own though

10 hours ago, tGWB said:

Sorry Underdog but your last post on your £150 donation for a limited edition signed Liverpool/OAFC print, "so limited edition it is, the Club have not been able to locate it for 10 months" proper made me chuckle

Rubbish way for our Club to treat one of our own though

I know you can't makes this stuff up....hahah...that's my sarcasm too unfortunatlely after a few vinos when I typed it yesterday.

The CEO did make alternatives pre-Xmas, but were irrelevant for us and as it's taken sooooo long for confirmation that we/are we not having a scoreboard , we have had enough and just want our monies back.

By the way it's now a week ago I sent the email and no correspondence back. Too busy I presume hahah