Scoreboard

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I think you'll find that Underdog is normally very positive on here. She didn't post on the Peter Clarke thread? Oh no!

I will be doing cartwheels around the ground with my sports bra on if Mr Ripley signs and first to sell my hubby for cash to blindly give over to the club for Ripleys up keep too..hahah

I did post something on FB does this not count?

Damn and blast...

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

I will be doing cartwheels around the ground with my sports bra on if Mr Ripley signs and first to sell my hubby for cash to blindly give over to the club for Ripleys up keep too..hahah

I did post something on FB does this not count?

Damn and blast...

Fair enough. Now who has the database of the contributors to the fund raiser and who originally held the money? 

5 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Errrr, fans money hasn't been used. Maybe they could have clarified this earlier but fairplay to the club...

Probably jumped too quickly to the conclusion, but Corney did insinuate this in the fans meeting

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Fair enough. Now who has the database of the contributors to the fund raiser and who originally held the money? 

Personally, The club has my money from the season ticket kickback. So it's the club for me and that's who I have approached for a refund and have had confirmation this would be honoured. So I presume they have my signed waiver form still and have kept this info maybe on a database at the club for the finances

with regards to initial launch, the trust were not involved and fundraising in the main I believe was done on line so I will presume Tifosy will have, but maybe a Tifosy online contributor can confirm how their payment info was captured.

Hope this helps

6 minutes ago, super_blue said:

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/breaking-news-led-perimeter-boards-installed-3650171.aspx

money not been used for boards! 

What's everyone gonna moan about now? ???

Excellent news it's only taken....ooo say three months from corney confirming this new route in jan so why offer fans a refund iif we are still going to get a scoreboard? Hmmmm

anyways the trust I'm sure will be able to give fans independant piece of mind that the monies are in a secure club account once we have gained full access to the finances.

tba folks

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

anyways the trust I'm sure will be able to give fans independant piece of mind that the monies are in a secure club account once we have gained full access to the finances.

Hmmmm.

10 pages of slagging Corney and the club for something they haven't done. Just another day on OWTBS...

This relationship breakdown between the club and the fans I keep hearing so much about?

How are the stay away, negative, glass half empty, jump to conclustions, always looking at companies house, waiting for thd club to trip, the club can't win no matter what fans helping this!?

:blahblah:

Edited by palmer1

Bit weird how the club apparently didn't clarify that the scoreboard fund wasn't being used for the perimeter advertising when the trust apparently asked them for clarification, or at any of the fan meetings. 

3 minutes ago, rosa said:

Bit weird how the club apparently didn't clarify that the scoreboard fund wasn't being used for the perimeter advertising when the trust apparently asked them for clarification, or at any of the fan meetings. 

Not really. Simon loves to trip

people up. He's been getting heat over it. So holds back his trump card and plays it to make the Trust look impatient. He clearly knew this was going ahead. He would know when the latest Trust meeting was and having been evasive would know the Trust would be making comment on the situation. Clear tactics to undermine the Trust.

From the minutes of the February Trust board meeting. Seems like the sensible thing would have been to say that the Tifosy money wasn't being used for the perimeter boards when asked.

20170330_202934.png

16 minutes ago, rosa said:

The minutes from the Trust board meeting in February make interesting reading. 

http://trustoldham.co.uk/trust-board-meeting-minutes-february-2017/

So the statement just now seems another pack of lies going off those minutes.

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

So the Chinese weren't here to take over? Just supply perimeter boards on the cheap in the hope that other EFL clubs jump on board?

What the f*ck was the big statement all about then kicking off at Mike Keegan for ruining our big chance at investment?

More lies? Or are Ledman funding them because they're investing in the club?

I can't work out whether the Trust lads have dropped a right bollock here or been bang on the money and pressured SC/TTA into digging deep and leaving the scoreboard fund intact.

Either way - we've got some LED boards that might make us/SC/TTA some money. Win win. 

If Corney isn't talking to one of his own directors about this stuff what's the Trust meant to do.

Money is fluid.  £27k can be ring fenced on a spreadsheet but if the overall account is overdrawn it doesn't really exist.

I hope the dandy advertising boards work well.  But it would be more reassuring to hear news that a scoreboard is still going to happen.  Mysteriously not mentioned.

Copied over from NNN fans meeting notes in January, in attendance SC, MM and AG. This is quote with regards to the scoreboard| 

He has been trying to source a scoreboard from China. He was very grateful for the £21k but he is also aware that for £21k (even excluding installation costs) you will get a very small screen. He is looking at options, one being perimeter boards, that would cost significantly more but may allow the club to generate revenue from sponsorship/advertising etc. He is still working on it and hopes to have something in place for the start of next season. The visitors from China are involved in that industry and he added they were being courted as potential investors too although he wanted to keep it quiet and low key at the request of the potential investors. He also said that if anyone who has donated towards the scoreboard wants their money back he is happy to refund.

Edited by underdog