Scoreboard

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

At the fans meeting with Corney in January we were told about the perimeter boards, and thus this board was told about the perimeter boards. Why is there such a big surprise?

It was a fans meeting I think about 24th Jan and the trust were not part of it or aware up to that point that we were getting perimeter boarding. I don't think the notes for the meeting were published right away either. That's not a critisms as I know it can take a few days to get everything right. The notes indicated that the boards were instead of a scoreboard and any fans not happy with that could ask for their money back. So you can see how the two were tied together.

the trust meeting was mid feb? I know someone's has published our meeting notes and again MM seems to tie they two together and refunds would be on offer" 

the trust pushed for an announcement on this from the club and felt we could no longer wait so we released out statement and the club countered with theirs with guarantees that the monies are safe and there will be a scoreboard in the end.

So you could say. The trust spitting out our dummies, have at least got the club to go public too an to confirmed that the monies are safe (not confirmed by trust yet) and yes we will get a scoreboard too (date unknown).

we just need to get the costing of all this as well as confirmation of the clubs true financial standing too.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replying underdog. I read somewhere recently that Stoke were getting rid of their old scoreboard/video screen as they are filling in the corner it occupies as part of their stadium expansion. I think Port Vale may have been eyeing it up though. It may well be that it's obsolete now as I think they've had it in place for a few years. It just made me think, bearing in mind the sum of money in the pot, something like that may be a better option to consider rather than a brand new scoreboard like Bury's miniature one.

8 hours ago, underdog said:

It was a fans meeting I think about 24th Jan and the trust were not part of it or aware up to that point that we were getting perimeter boarding. I don't think the notes for the meeting were published right away either. That's not a critisms as I know it can take a few days to get everything right. The notes indicated that the boards were instead of a scoreboard and any fans not happy with that could ask for their money back. So you can see how the two were tied together.

the trust meeting was mid feb? I know someone's has published our meeting notes and again MM seems to tie they two together and refunds would be on offer" 

the trust pushed for an announcement on this from the club and felt we could no longer wait so we released out statement and the club countered with theirs with guarantees that the monies are safe and there will be a scoreboard in the end.

So you could say. The trust spitting out our dummies, have at least got the club to go public too an to confirmed that the monies are safe (not confirmed by trust yet) and yes we will get a scoreboard too (date unknown).

we just need to get the costing of all this as well as confirmation of the clubs true financial standing too.

Just for clarity the fans meeting took place on the Tuesday evening and I had the the notes prepared and issued on the Friday of the same week.The Trust were aware of the meeting,as Nnaenever had a formal meeting with 2 of the Trust representatives a couple of weeks before the meeting. As fans any of the Trust members were welcome to attend the meeting.

I am pleased that the Trust appear after all these years to have wakened up and are starting to question the club on behalf of the fans. Let's hope this continues on a wider basis ,no just the scoreboard issue, and sections of us don't feel the need to have separate meetings with the Club.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What happened to the old one we allegedly bought of Villa many moons ago.

Gona stick my neck out here and say that Corney was lying for a change.

No doubt McFluff will pop shortly to explain to us how we are wrong

and we did actually buy it, but the seller had taken off the plug so we couldn't install it due to elf n safety. Or sumat.

???

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Gona stick my neck out here and say that Corney was lying for a change.

No doubt McFluff will pop shortly to explain to us how we are wrong

and we did actually buy it, but the seller had taken off the plug so we couldn't install it due to elf n safety. Or sumat.

???

I'll go with Yarddog has imagined it 

I actually like the look of the new perimeter boards and see them as a positive but yet again the club seem to have scored an almighty own goal in the way they've handled the purchase and installation of them as well as the uncertainty  surrounding the scoreboard fund, as with everything associated with the club it's badly managed and lacks any real thought.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I actually like the look of the new perimeter boards and see them as a positive but yet again the club seem to have scored an almighty own goal in the way they've handled the purchase and installation of them as well as the uncertainty  surrounding the scoreboard fund, as with everything associated with the club it's badly managed and lacks any real thought.

Exactly

What should have been positive news about investment in our club has turned into a farce due to poor communication

10 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Exactly

What should have been positive news about investment in our club has turned into a farce due to poor communication

Poor communication? The trust presumed (and falsely) something which wasn't right why should the club have to issue a statement every time a 'rumour' comes out?? 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Poor communication? The trust presumed (and falsely) something which wasn't right why should the club have to issue a statement every time a 'rumour' comes out?? 

They had sufficient reason to at least be suspicious about the scoreboard fund, on the basis of the minutes from a couple of meetings and the simple fact that it's 14th months since the campaign and scoreboard looks no nearer to fruition.

Why couldn't the club just reply to the Trust in the first place? This is surely something the club should be frequently updating fans upon, since it is their money used.

5 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Just for clarity the fans meeting took place on the Tuesday evening and I had the the notes prepared and issued on the Friday of the same week.The Trust were aware of the meeting,as Nnaenever had a formal meeting with 2 of the Trust representatives a couple of weeks before the meeting. As fans any of the Trust members were welcome to attend the meeting.

I am pleased that the Trust appear after all these years to have wakened up and are starting to question the club on behalf of the fans. Let's hope this continues on a wider basis ,no just the scoreboard issue, and sections of us don't feel the need to have separate meetings with the Club.

Thank laticsmarra, yes I know the trust was aware of the meeting but we did not know the content until people where posting and then the helpful notes you produced. I hope you all continue to go down that route too of challenging corney/club.

38 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I think the statement did not accuse anything falsely, we stated more or less we couldn't get answers and could offer no guarentees of either a scoreboard or location of funds.

because of the statement, the Club then decided to act by confirming that that everything was rosey. That's how much the relationship has broken down.

Wether it can be repaired, remains to be seen

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I think the statement did not accuse anything falsely, we stated more or less we couldn't get answers and could offer no guarentees of either a scoreboard or location of funds.

because of the statement, the Club then decided to act by confirming that that everything was rosey. That's how much the relationship has broken down.

Wether it can be repaired, remains to be seen

Who knows.  But certainly not if the Trust is going to assume the worst and speculate negatively at every opportunity as they (you) do now.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Who knows.  But certainly not if the Trust is going to assume the worst and speculate negatively at every opportunity as they (you) do now.

One the one hand there have been many, many complaints for over a a decade that the Trust have been too close to the club and should be challenging on behalf of th fans. The first time the Trust openly puts opposing facts, over a project that was handed over to them to increase revenue from, and acts on behalf of those fans that contributed and they are accused of assuming the worst and speculating negatively?

Priceless.

Just now, singe said:

One the one hand there have been many, many complaints for over a a decade that the Trust have been too close to the club and should be challenging on behalf of th fans. The first time the Trust openly puts opposing facts, over a project that was handed over to them to increase revenue from, and acts on behalf of those fans that contributed and they are accused of assuming the worst and speculating negatively?

Priceless.

Well you need to speak to others about that.  Not relevant to me.

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So the club refuses to communicate with the Trust over a project that the trust took over and it's the trusts fault? The plan may have changed recently but Corney wouldn't have been offering refunds for those who donated if the money wasn't going to be touched. Anyone who thinks differently on that is deluded.

If the club had just spoke with the trust and answered their queries then none of this would have come about. It's the clubs own doing.

So far the fan on the board hasn't been able to communicate with the club about certain issues, has been given wrong times for board meetings and being told there isn't time to catch up on the financial aspect of the meeting and has been refused entry to the chairmans lounge or whatever it is on matchdays.

Looks as though a divide is trying to be made by the club (until the club needs the trust for something)...

1 minute ago, RobOAFC said:

So the club refuses to communicate with the Trust over a project that the trust took over and it's the trusts fault? The plan may have changed recently but Corney wouldn't have been offering refunds for those who donated if the money wasn't going to be touched. Anyone who thinks differently on that is deluded.

If the club had just spoke with the trust and answered their queries then none of this would have come about. It's the clubs own doing.

So far the fan on the board hasn't been able to communicate with the club about certain issues, has been given wrong times for board meetings and being told there isn't time to catch up on the financial aspect of the meeting and has been refused entry to the chairmans lounge or whatever it is on matchdays.

Looks as though a divide is trying to be made by the club (until the club needs the trust for something)...

Where do I apportion blame?  I merely stated that to have a decent relationship they need to get on with each other... and yes that cuts both ways.