Scoreboard

Was it on here that it was said Corney has set up a new business for these?

If so and this new business owns these rather than Latics then those who donated have every right to demand their money back...

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked very well, don't need a scoreboard for me now.

Club should put a deadline on people asking for their money back, and any remaining donate to the Trust Playershare and use it in the summer to strengthen the team.

16 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

If so and this new business owns these rather than Latics then those who donated have every right to demand their money back...

The club have already put a statement out saying that the scoreboard money raised has not gone to the advertising boards. The scoreboard money hasn't been used. 

They have also offered to pay back any donations made to the scoreboard fund to those that want it! 

12 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

There has been a new company set up at companies house since 3rd march. Based at the clubs address but called I think LED media,  (similar name on the reverse of the boards), one company director only at the moment which is corney. 

It was two sources at the club at two different times that tied the two together and indicated that one was to replace the other and refunds were on offer to those fans who had donated to a scoreboard. So you can see how the confusion happened.

I suppose you could view this new business venture in a number of ways. Positively and negatively, we won't know unless the that companies director wants to divulge.

8 minutes ago, super_blue said:

The club have already put a statement out saying that the scoreboard money raised has not gone to the advertising boards. The scoreboard money hasn't been used. 

They have also offered to pay back any donations made to the scoreboard fund to those that want it! 

In which case I look forward to the club announcing the funds either being used on a new scoreboard or consulting fans on what they want the money they raised to go towards...

14 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

In which case I look forward to the club announcing the funds either being used on a new scoreboard or consulting fans on what they want the money they raised to go towards...

To be fair I think the club have made a statement to say they are still looking into a scoreboard and that the money is safe. Think it was a week last Thursday, shortly after the trust statement.

The Trust are pushing both points, to honour the original Tifosy agreement with the fans and to provide evidence that the monies are in an account too.

If the vibe is the fans are happy with the perimeter boards instead, then I truely hope a further consultation with the fans takes place and other fan funded initiatives the monies donated could be looked into and of course, the agreement with the trust over splitting the revenue generated too.

well that's my hope 

Edited by underdog

56 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Worked very well, don't need a scoreboard for me now.

Club should put a deadline on people asking for their money back, and any remaining donate to the Trust Playershare and use it in the summer to strengthen the team.

Nah. They should just give fans their money back if none has been used for the original purpose.

No pissing about with opt out, no deadlines, money automatically back.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Would like some of the money be put towards putting signage up to identify the JFS. 

I think this is a brilliant idea and a way for the club / trust / fans to move on from this mess.

The Boards looked good and did the job that the scoreboard would have done and more. The issue with the funding of the scoreboard needs sorting quickly and the funds either refunded to fans or used for another fans determined purpose.

9 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Would like some of the money be put towards putting signage up to identify the JFS. 

Yes. Get on with it. And while you're at it, how about putting the club name and badge in the space above the executive boxes/gym?

10 hours ago, underdog said:

There has been a new company set up at companies house since 3rd march. Based at the clubs address but called I think LED media,  (similar name on the reverse of the boards), one company director only at the moment which is corney. 

It was two sources at the club at two different times that tied the two together and indicated that one was to replace the other and refunds were on offer to those fans who had donated to a scoreboard. So you can see how the confusion happened.

I suppose you could view this new business venture in a number of ways. Positively and negatively, we won't know unless the that companies director wants to divulge.

That sounds more like Corney acting like a broker for the LED company in the U.K. Probably a few quid in it for him, not the club. How many championship clubs have these boards? I believe we are the only league 1 club aren't we? 

Edited by Blue_Guru

10 hours ago, adamoafc said:

To be honest, I don't think the fans should be paying for this decision by the club. If it's what the fans who contributed want though then the club need to start consulting them. 

Yes, these boards look good and display the score but what if the club don't keep up with payments and they get repossessed? 

22 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

To be honest, I don't think the fans should be paying for this decision by the club. If it's what the fans who contributed want though then the club need to start consulting them. 

Yes, these boards look good and display the score but what if the club don't keep up with payments and they get repossessed? 

Who says they've not been bought outright?

38 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

That sounds more like Corney acting like a broker for the LED company in the U.K. Probably a few quid in it for him, not the club. How many championship clubs have these boards? I believe we are the only league 1 club aren't we? 

Bolton have them and I'm sure there are others.

I have no problem with the idea of Corney owning them.

As long as they generate higher advertising revenues that the more traditional low level hoardings they've replaced.  

And as long as any maintenance costs are the responsibility of the owner.

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

I have no problem with the idea of Corney owning them.

As long as they generate higher advertising revenues that the more traditional low level hoardings they've replaced.  

And as long as any maintenance costs are the responsibility of the owner.

The trust can't confirm anything with regards to ownership, potential revenue income, overall costs etc...tba I'm afraid

8 minutes ago, athleticus said:

Would I be right in thinking that money generated from the the boards is going to a company called "Led Media" that Simon Corney owns outright and NOT OAFC?

I'm just joining up the dots it certainly looks like the boards and the company under corney are related. The overall deposit paid ( we don't know how much when the trust asked the CEO ) costing (overall again we don't know when the trust asked the CEO) , revenue generated ( same response when the trust asked the CEO), maintenance costs ( same response)

suppose we might find out when a fan/business wants to be a new ad and the either pay the club or this new business.

if the boards are owned this new company, would the be protected against (hypothetically) a club liquidation?

Edited by underdog