Scoreboard

2 hours ago, singe said:

One the one hand there have been many, many complaints for over a a decade that the Trust have been too close to the club and should be challenging on behalf of the fans. The first time the Trust openly puts opposing facts, over a project that was handed over to them to increase revenue from, and acts on behalf of those fans that contributed and they are accused of assuming the worst and speculating negatively?

Priceless.

Sorry to nitpick Singe but on one point, the scoreboard fund wasn't set up as a way to raise revenue but because it was something the FANS wanted. When the Trust stepped up to lead the fundraising there was a gentleman's agreement that the Trust would receive a proportion of any revenue made and there were some interesting discussions about what %age of perimeter fencing revenue the Trust would therefore receive. The Trust were not told that the fencing had nothing to do with the fundraising at this point.

Edited with rather important word I got wrong in caps

Edited by leeslover

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Who knows.  But certainly not if the Trust is going to assume the worst and speculate negatively at every opportunity as they (you) do now.

Wow....hehehe.

i am so glad the world is full of people with differing opinions, makes it a more brighter place don't you think? Then again I am just speculating. I have no evidence whatsoever if this.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Wow....hehehe.

i am so glad the world is full of people with differing opinions, makes it a more brighter place don't you think? Then again I am just speculating. I have no evidence whatsoever if this.

There you go again, defensive. Read my last post in reply to Rob. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

There you go again, defensive. Read my last post in reply to Rob. 

You quoted me and said "you" indicating me and I'm not defensive I'm being sarcastic.

You say potato, I say potato...let's call the whole thing thing off.

yes it's been a mad week hasn't it, I don't suppose it was you that called me a donkeys foreskin on another social media site was it? No? Thought not doesn't seem like your style.

like I said it's great to have differing opinions, long may it continue

Edited by underdog

19 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Underdog, have the club/trust looked into the possibility of buying a cheaper second hand scoreboard from a club redeveloping their ground or moving to a new stadium? Rather than purchasing an expensive all singing all dancing brand new one or a cheaper limited brand new one.

Didn't I read somewhere in this thread that a screen's infrastructure alone would cost £32K.

The fund doesn't even get close to that.

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

You quoted me and said "you" indicating me and I'm not defensive I'm being sarcastic.

You say potato, I say potato...let's call the whole thing thing off.

yes it's been a mad week hasn't it, I don't suppose it was you that called me a donkeys foreskin on another social media site was it? No? Thought not doesn't seem like your style.

like I said it's great to have differing opinions, long may it continue

No it wasn't me. That isn't my style and I dont really use any social media.  I'm an adult, a father and I am (unless provoked) respectful.

I also recognise there are two sides to every story. One side rarely gives the whole story. 

The club AND the trust can improve in my humble opinion. 

7 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Didn't I read somewhere in this thread that a screen's infrastructure alone would cost £32K.

The fund doesn't even get close to that.

Did some research myself and those figures quoted are nonsense. It may cost that to install a state of the art all singing all dancing scoreboard but a modest scoreboard could be purchased and installed for the money raised, fans were asked what they wanted and as far as I'm aware a score board was top of the list, I'm not sure it's ability to make money were conditions of this.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did some research myself and those figures quoted are nonsense. It may cost that to install a state of the art all singing all dancing scoreboard but a modest scoreboard could be purchased and installed for the money raised, fans were asked what they wanted and as far as I'm aware a score board was top of the list, I'm not sure it's ability to make money were conditions of this.

Modest as in? Show me a picture. Tell us the pricing. 

The point of the scoreboard wasn't to merely display the score and time was it. It was to generate ad revenue.  Not a condition no, but blindingly obvious common sense. 

Now that we have ad boards we could revert to a modest score board I suppose, but arguably we could just use one section of the ad boards on each side instead and just forget the score board idea. 

Edited by kowenicki

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Modest as in? Show me a picture. Tell us the pricing. 

The point of the scoreboard wasn't to merely display the score and time was it. It was to generate ad revenue.  Not a condition no, but blindingly obvious common sense. 

Now that we have ad boards we could revert to a modest score board I suppose, but arguably we could just use one section of the ad boards on each side instead and just forget the score board idea. 

Forget the idea the fans requested? Your not Corneys PR man by any chance. Fans have donated towards a scoreboard are the club going to refund on masse then? 

3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Sorry to nitpick Singe but on one point, the scoreboard fund wasn't set up as a way to raise revenue but because it was something the FANS wanted. When the Trust stepped up to lead the fundraising there was a gentleman's agreement that the Trust would receive a proportion of any revenue made and there were some interesting discussions about what %age of perimeter fencing revenue the Trust would therefore receive. The Trust were not told that the fencing had nothing to do with the fundraising at this point.

Edited with rather important word I got wrong in caps

Apologies, what I meant was the first bit you referred to , that it was handed to the Trust to fundraise the revenue to purchase it. Basically it was handed over to the Trust to gain regain credibility after the overly ambitious initial target.

As an aside, it would be good to know why Simon is being bypassed somewhat, I  wonder if he is telling them what they need to know rather than what they want to hear,. I hope the damage can be repaired though.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Where do I apportion blame?  I merely stated that to have a decent relationship they need to get on with each other... and yes that cuts both ways. 

No you didn't

Had you done that no one would have taken an issue

You attacked the approach of the Trust, and Underdog specifically, when it is the first time in the History of the Trust that I  can recall where they have not toed the Club line

You said

" to assume the worst and speculate negatively at every opportunity as they (you) do now. "

You attacked, and in my view it was unwarranted. That is not to say you cannot criticise actions, but yours seemed particularity personal and definitive inaccurate IMHO.

It is concerning too, becasse Underdog is practically the only source of Trust info and honest and transparent

We have already seen many other posters leave this forum due to excessive attacks, for work they do voluntarily.
I  loathe an injustice and thought what you wrote was unfair.

Subsequent posts of yours have been less virulent and fairer, and, f course, I 100% agree all sides could improve and change needed for the relationship to improve.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Forget the idea the fans requested? Your not Corneys PR man by any chance. Fans have donated towards a scoreboard are the club going to refund on masse then? 

Well if the ad boards display the score the fans have got what they wanted. I seem to remember the decision being a scoreboard not a big tv screen. So the score on the ad boards would do would it not?

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This opening is so boring and weak.

Yes. Forget the idea because their idea will have been met! Jesus... if the perimeters can show the same as what a dirt cheap scoreboard would show (I.e. score, time etc) then their request has been met hasnt it without using our donations?

Which leads me on on to your last question... I believe the answer is... if you ask you can have it. 

So so what's the problem?

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This opening is so boring and weak.

Yes. Forget the idea because their idea will have been met! Jesus... if the perimeters can show the same as what a dirt cheap scoreboard would show (I.e. score, time etc) then their request has been met hasnt it without using our donations?

Which leads me on on to your last question... I believe the answer is... if you ask you can have it. 

So so what's the problem?

Your incredibly defensive and ignorant to think your suggestions for a refund are adequate, if the club put out an appeal do you think those who contributed in good faith should now instigate repayment because Corney wasn't happy with a dirt cheap scoreboard?

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well if the ad boards display the score the fans have got what they wanted. I seem to remember the decision being a scoreboard not a big tv screen. So the score on the ad boards would do would it not?

If they got what they wanted why haven't the fans funds gone into the kitty as a contribution towards them? It's only come to light that the funds are still ringfenced because the Trust were forced into a corner over the lack of information.

2 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Sim....

Ohhhh......I canna contain myself.

Now I know three Simons connected to latics. So in no particular order

Simon Brooke Trust Director

Simon Colebrook trust Director

simon Corney chairman of OAFC

And I have had a few vinos to boot, so what are we saying? And I am blond

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

Not to stoke the fire but 3 March Led Media Limited was formed. The sole Director is.......

Why would Simon Corney need a new company for LED Media? Is the money not going back to the club? Registered in a way that doesn't link to his other appointments on Companies House. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Why would Simon Corney need a new company for LED Media? Is the money not going back to the club? Registered in a way that doesn't link to his other appointments on Companies House. 

Possibly ownership of the scoreboard keeps it away from HMRC if club does ever disappear. Not uncommon arse covering exercise probably

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Possibly ownership of the scoreboard keeps it away from HMRC if club does ever disappear. Not uncommon arse covering exercise probably

I'm sure the people who put their money in would be delighted to be assured that Mr Corney will still own the perimeter fence if the club is liquidated.

Christ what a mess that was born out of a good idea of what fans wanted and good will donations.

something that both scoreboard and perimeter, quite clearly separated now, but linked together twice, would have generated good will vibe

this is my opinion not the trust.

Edited by underdog