Day dreaming

I was having a few moments day dreaming when a certain Mr David Eyres popped into my head and wondering how much we crave a player of his ability to put in the perfect cross/corner and to contribute in the goals department. A great player for an "oldie" with two particular moments that i'l never forget ..one being his 40yarder (if not more) v Plymouth with the keeper still trying to organise his wall and the free kick away at Stockport in the last last few minutes of the game ..ahhh happy days.

I was having a few moments day dreaming when a certain Mr David Eyres popped into my head and wondering how much we crave a player of his ability to put in the perfect cross/corner and to contribute in the goals department. A great player for an "oldie" with two particular moments that i'l never forget ..one being his 40yarder (if not more) v Plymouth with the keeper still trying to organise his wall and the free kick away at Stockport in the last last few minutes of the game ..ahhh happy days.

Best winger at this club was Ricky Holden. He could cross from anywhere and realised that you don't always have to go past the defender to get the ball into the danger areas - he scored a few too.

If I had to choose of course I would go for Ricky as he did it against better opposition but I was just merely commenting that we haven't had anyone since who could deliver great balls like Eyres'y could.

Liddell could deliver a cross but wasn't anything like as entertaining as Eyres.

One goal that always stick in my memory was Simon Charlton vs. Gillingham. Must have been at least 80 yards.

You all need to move on

Funny, you can guarantee someone will post something like that nowadays if you remember past players.

Normally don't have a former player as their OWTBs name with a gif of a former manage though.

Edited by palmer1

move. on. they've gone Rick Holden isn't coming back

Who gives one? It's a thread about a past player and some reminiscing, if you don't like it or have nothing constructive to contribute then why post? or even open the thread?

Anyway... Yes, Eyresy - my favourite Latics player. Only been watching since 2001 but by far the best winger (and most probably player) I've seen pull on the Oldham shirt.

The free kick away at Stockport is the best memory of him in what was one of my first away days! The elation at the end of that match was brilliant.