Carlisle Micky mouse cup/league

Disagree. Perfect opportunity to find out if a few squad players are up to it. Who really cares if we win, lose or draw?

I get your point but seeding one or two squad players in would give a better indication of whether they can do a job than ripping out the whole heart of the machine. I would have kept Green and Clarke in and given Kettings Edmunson and Banks run outs plus changes wide and up top.

Chances are though that old heads needed the rest time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that based on last nights performance so many are suggesting Mckay should lose his place. The first half was horrendous at the back but gave us a glimpse of what could be a really exciting partnership with Ladapo and Billy, who I felt had a superb game. Some of the link play was excellent, none more so than the offside goal which was a joy to see. McKay needed that goal to back up a decent start to this season - his movement and link-up is very good at times and Ladapo's directness, strength and speed could be a perfect foil. Osei has looked exciting when he has come on all season and that was a cracking cameo but I personally want to see him creating havoc from the bench against tiring defences after Ladapo has had 65 mins running them ragged (for now).

Could Erwin start on the left and Flynn (fortunate that there's the 5 player rule) on the right, with McKay dropping deeper centrally if we're under the cosh, like he did last night?

Edited by eyres_28

I get your point but seeding one or two squad players in would give a better indication of whether they can do a job than ripping out the whole heart of the machine. I would have kept Green and Clarke in and given Kettings Edmunson and Banks run outs plus changes wide and up top.

I think SR: A wanted to give them a rest B didn't want them injured and C needed to get some game time into the other players. So he didn't have much choice. The big upside for winning would be more decent reserve games, he probably doesn't care a lot whether he wins or not.

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

I went last night as it cost £5.

I refuse/can't pay the £22 to go to a normal league game on a Tuesday night, as whatever happens it isn't worth the money.

The last one I attended was the 2-0 against Swindon a couple of seasons back. That's as good as a performance as I could have hoped for and I still didn't feel as though it was worth £22.

It was nice to back at BP last night and to see live football, I love the JPT as it gives us our best chance of going to Wembley.

You would have played Green and Clarke, our two vitally important wily veterans, in a :censored: pot reserve game?

The mind boggles.

You would have played Green and Clarke, our two vitally important wily veterans, in a :censored: pot reserve game?

The mind boggles.

I value the positive momentum that comes with winning any game regardless of importance over and above the risk of a potential injury

I value the positive momentum that comes with winning any game regardless of importance over and above the risk of a potential injury

Crazy talk. Particularly when winning a game in this competition counts for the square root of :censored: all.

It's funny how people see the same game from a very different perspective. Mine is :-

1) The attendance was truly appalling. A fiver to get in - and kids for free - does this town actually want a professional football team ?

Have you looked out of the window recently?

I get it, your assuming that this will lead to us playing these under 23 teams in our League which I think is bollocks, FL72 voted for it because it provided a nice cash boost for a competition which is treated apathetically at best, do you really think FL72 will approve Academy teams joining the League, not a chance it will ever happen.

You're blind. This is the back door, and every fan who turns up for these matches is complicit in validating this arrangement. There were more fans there last night than we had at Bury. That's :censored:ing horrendous, no matter which way you look at it.

every fan who turns up for these matches is complicit in validating this arrangement.

If the League & the Premier League want it to happen, it will happen regardless of how many do or don't turn up for this competition because money would be involved. However, that many bigger academies chose not to participate would indicate that when push comes to shove, those teams don't really see the value in their B teams playing at lower levels. I found some labelling of those that chose to go as 'scabs' fairly :censored:ty & if anything it would make me more inclined to turn up in order to piss people off.

If the League & the Premier League want it to happen, it will happen regardless of how many do or don't turn up for this competition because money would be involved. However, that many bigger academies chose not to participate would indicate that when push comes to shove, those teams don't really see the value in their B teams playing at lower levels. I found some labelling of those that chose to go as 'scabs' fairly :censored:ty & if anything it would make me more inclined to turn up in order to piss people off.

Money matters most, of course, but if they can point to attendances which haven't decreased then they can dismiss a movement against B Teams as a minority.

Half of not attending is just having a bit of respect for the integrity of your club...

Me too. Says a lot about our fans...

We were in the same bracket as MK - that's not somewhere you want to be.

Says what? That people are happy to support their club regardless of :censored: like you judging them for it? If you want to boycott then fine. But don't ever feel you're in a position to judge other people for turning up.

I went. Go :censored: yourself

Says what? That people are happy to support their club regardless of :censored: like you judging them for it? If you want to boycott then fine. But don't ever feel you're in a position to judge other people for turning up.

I went. Go :censored: yourself

Got to agree with the sentiment if not quite the way it is expressed!