Carlisle Micky mouse cup/league

The aim of this competition for us is to get squad players and young players game time in more competitive surroundings than reserve team football.

Ketting, Edmundson, Mclaughlin, and even Burgess while by the sounds of it all having stinkers will learn something I would hope from last night. Plus it will have been good for both Osei and McKay to break their goalscoring ducks. Green, Clarke, Ripley, and Erwin will all have been nicely rested too so should be nice and fresh for Saturday.

Hopefully we continue with this kind of selection for the other 2 games of this competition.

Again this. A chance to try different players and formations. I would imagine SR learnt one or two things last night.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how people see the same game from a very different perspective. Mine is :-

1) The attendance was truly appalling. A fiver to get in - and kids for free - does this town actually want a professional football team ?

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that we got as many fans as we did for this comp. It deserves as many votes of no confidence as it can get.

Nothing personal against fans who did go, but the sooner the current version of the tournament is discontinued the better.

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that we got as many fans as we did for this comp. It deserves as many votes of no confidence as it can get.

Nothing personal against fans who did go, but the sooner the current version of the tournament is discontinued the better.

I stated my reasons earlier up in the thread, but I think sometimes there's other factors than the competition to bear in mind! For instance, last night as I was walking home I heard a bloke ask his missus how she enjoyed her first ever game .. she obviously thought for a fiver she'd got a decent deal etc so maybe for families it can work out a decent price ... and if that means we can get younger fans hooked by this means then surely that's a good thing?

Robinson clearly not happy with Winnie in the post match comments. But does say he will still be with us. Whilst he may be with us I don't think he will be anywhere near the match day squads so probably his last showing for us.

Probably a bit nieve from Robinson to make the spine of our team so weak tonight. Edmunson and Burgess and woodland and Banks as the the 4 central players with Kettings in Goal is just far too soft and that's why we leaked so many. Just shows how valuable Ripley, Clarke and Green are at this level.

My Sheff Utd friend said Flynn would be largely anonymous and so it is proving...

Edited by Blue_Guru

The aim of this competition for us is to get squad players and young players game time in more competitive surroundings than reserve team football.

You could say that, in some ways, this is as close to a reserve team league that we've currently got aside from the fact that there's a £5k fine hanging over us for making too many changes the in the fixtures & game that follows. Robinson mentions that he's like to have played Croft but couldn't because of the potential fine.

I didn't boycott but didn't go either as, I couldn't be bothered rushing to get there after my son's football training (something we'd normally do for midweek league games). I must admit though that as the goals started flying in, and the kids started being twats at home, I did regret not turning up.

Did Winchester offer anything in his 15min sub appearance?

If he can't get motivated under Steve Robinson, who will clearly still have some influence or at least able to report progress, his days in NI shirt and prob League 1 will be numbered

Saw him sprint for the first time during a game.

If he is to make a career in football it'll out playing out wide like Johnson played him rather than in the middle. He doesn't have the stamina or the physical attributes to be a CM.

Surely he needs more stamina out wide than CM. Shez had no stamina, or legs, but was very effective as CM.

I'm not comparing him to Shez BTW.

Compared to many of the Checkatrade attendances ours was pretty good.There was 392 at Fleetwood v Blackburn u23's.

Well done Fleetwood. Excellent response. #BTeamBoycott

Personally if have hoped more boycotted the whole thing, but I did hope more choose not to attend the Blackburn game.

As an aside it's a shared gate, 45% each. With it being so cheap, it will have cost big time.

I assume you never saw Jan Budtz, then. Apologies you those who've just suffered a shiver down the spine.

Jan Budtz was very bad, but I've got to say Dean Brill is a s bad as anything I've seen at Latics (along with Cornell of course).

Edited by Hometownclub

I must admit I ummed and arred most of the day wether to go or not. Decided in the end not to go and stuck my fiver in the latics4life kitty instead.

Then we started to score goals and I thought bugger I should have gne just to witness us scoring...oh well

Presuming the floodlights and matchday costs needed covering last night, I'm happy that my fiver has helped towards that and the game despite the result wasn't too shabby neither, now I know some don't think the competition is worth a wank and wouldn't attend under any format but to actually boycott our only home fixture in the competition against league opposition will only damage the club in the long run.

Bet most keep paying the Sky Sports subscriptions though.

Presuming the floodlights and matchday costs needed covering last night, I'm happy that my fiver has helped towards that and the game despite the result wasn't too shabby neither, now I know some don't think the competition is worth a wank and wouldn't attend under any format but to actually boycott our only home fixture in the competition against league opposition will only damage the club in the long run.

Bet most keep paying the Sky Sports subscriptions though.

The club has received a large bounty payment to allow the competition to take on this :censored: format.

My fiver (along with other missing fivers( pales into insignificance by comparison.

Thin end of the wedge. I don't want development squads playing my team in this competition. By allowing it, they're now a step closer to playing my team in the football league.

It's :censored:.

And I've kept my fiver.

The club has received a large bounty payment to allow the competition to take on this :censored: format.

My fiver (along with other missing fivers( pales into insignificance by comparison.

Thin end of the wedge. I don't want development squads playing my team in this competition. By allowing it, they're now a step closer to playing my team in the football league.

It's :censored:.

And I've kept my fiver.

This. A thousand times over.

A valuable game for the manager.

Ladapo appears to be just the striker we need so a great signing but concern that he got cramp after 75 minutes.

Osei took the place by storm as did Croft. McKay has scored - set up by Ladapo but on that game I wouldn't start him at the weekend (but what do I know).

Woodland did most things badly and hard to understand why. The only times I noticed Flynn was when his team mates didn't pass the ball to him. McLaughlin didn't seem to like being the right back but he can cross the ball - can't be fit.

Banks got better and hit the moving ball much better than the dead ball.

The defence!!! Wilson and Dunne are sound but Burgess needs a mentor so that with Edmundson his game suffered because Edmundson had a night of pain. Goal keeper - there was someone in yellow but goal keeper nah the ball boy who picked the ball from the back of the net - I'm being harsh as anyone would have looked suspect with that pair of 'central defenders'.

All in all a great deal learnt by the manager who I think used the game to develop the squad rather than with any real interest in the result.

Well done Fleetwood. Excellent response. #BTeamBoycott

Personally if have hoped more boycotted the whole thing, but I did hope more choose not to attend the Blackburn game.

As an aside it's a shared gate, 45% each. With it being so cheap, it will have cost big time.

£20 in at Fleetwood last night I believe

Probably a bit nieve from Robinson to make the spine of our team so weak tonight. Edmunson and Burgess and woodland and Banks as the the 4 central players with Kettings in Goal is just far too soft and that's why we leaked so many. Just shows how valuable Ripley, Clarke and Green are at this level.

Disagree. Perfect opportunity to find out if a few squad players are up to it. Who really cares if we win, lose or draw?

I get it, your assuming that this will lead to us playing these under 23 teams in our League which I think is bollocks, FL72 voted for it because it provided a nice cash boost for a competition which is treated apathetically at best, do you really think FL72 will approve Academy teams joining the League, not a chance it will ever happen.

I get it, your assuming that this will lead to us playing these under 23 teams in our League which I think is bollocks, FL72 voted for it because it provided a nice cash boost for a competition which is treated apathetically at best, do you really think FL72 will approve Academy teams joining the League, not a chance it will ever happen.

A combination of £££s and fan apathy make it very possible.

unless the cheque is big enough