Football League letter regarding League 3 again

I think we have had this type of thread before. Personally I'm "open" to the idea of a reduced league 1 of 20 or 22 teams due to the quality of football that gets played in league 1 around April March time generally nose dives. We may benefit from a smaller league.

I think we are all against the idea of B teams and I hope knowone goes to Ewood Park for the fixture against Blackburn under 23s. if you do you are effectively backing the idea of B teams with open arms.

I think we will all agree that the idea that the FA cup should stay on a Saturday again this only benefits the premier league teams to move it.

We all know that if these proposals go through then the England team will not benefit whatsoever.

The fact that they have called it the whole game is a massive con and a clear attempt to get B teams into the football league for the benefit of premier league teams. If the football league has the best interests of its clubs at heart it will tell the PL to shove it's proposal up its arse. Sadly I think Harvey wants this.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think we have had this type of thread before. Personally I'm "open" to the idea of a reduced league 1 of 20 or 22 teams due to the quality of football that gets played in league 1 around April March time generally nose dives. We may benefit from a smaller league.

How would a smaller league benefit a club who spend every year around the bottom?

How would a smaller league benefit a club who spend every year around the bottom?

Because it would be harder to stay up theirfore they would have to up their game to stay in the league rather than happily go through the motions knowing that their are enough teams :censored:ter than them.

A smaller league potentially increases the chance of getting into the top 6 aswell if you are mid table.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Because it would be harder to stay up theirfore they would have to up their game to stay in the league rather than happily go through the motions knowing that their are enough teams :censored:ter than them.

A smaller league potentially increases the chance of getting into the top 6 aswell if you are mid table.

You're making assumptions over the number of promotion and relegation slots.

Do I read it correctly that it's entirely driven by the desire to have Premiership games in the most profitable slots with a load of toss talked around it?

Pretty much.

Why can't football be the first big business to say to it's powers that be "right, this is going :censored:ing great - you run it for a few years now and just keep things ticking over"

if they wanna come in they can climb the pyramid like everyone else at least Rangers have some recent experiance of that

They only have recent experience. Well run clubs with solid finances and a history such as Hearts and Hibs should be ahead of them if that was the plan. I don't favour any of it despite how good it would be for the one I prefer.

Get Rangers and Celtic in and stop :censored:ing around.

Here's FErgus McCann's take on it. Not getting into the religious divide, but he'd fit in well at the PL & FL. The knob.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37204507

"They fiddle around with deck chairs, but you have still got 42 supposed-to-be-professional clubs in a population of five million.

"There are five million people in Greater Manchester, who have only got two clubs. There are five million in Boston, who only have one club.

"Don't forget your dwindling potential audience. I watched a game, Celtic against Kilmarnock, 6,000 people, with close to 5,000 Celtic fans. What are Kilmarnock bringing to the game?

"They should maybe talk about British football. Celtic can take its place in British football. That's maybe where they belong."

Here's FErgus McCann's take on it. Not getting into the religious divide, but he'd fit in well at the PL & FL. The knob.

"They fiddle around with deck chairs, but you have still got 42 supposed-to-be-professional clubs in a population of five million.

"There are five million people in Greater Manchester, who have only got two clubs. There are five million in Boston, who only have one club.

"Don't forget your dwindling potential audience. I watched a game, Celtic against Kilmarnock, 6,000 people, with close to 5,000 Celtic fans. What are Kilmarnock bringing to the game?

"They should maybe talk about British football. Celtic can take its place in British football. That's maybe where they belong."

What a prick he is.

Uses 'Greater Manchester' to make a population comparison, then ignores all but the two clubs that fit his :censored:, poorly thought out, wank point within that area.

:censored:in knobhead.

Any chance somebody who knows who he is could go and more eloquently point that out to him. Actually, :censored: that he's Scottish, that will be eloquent.

I just don't get the maths of some of the arguments in this proposal

we play too many football league games midweek so lets reduce it - then increase the games we play midweek by playing extra football trophy games.

I'm not automatically against an extra division, and I do think letting in the top 6 or so Scottish teams in would actually be a great for the UK politically as well as for the game. But it seems to be that they are doing a possible good thing for bad reasons reading that letter.

It is time the clubs told the EFL that it is for them that it is supposed to work not the Premier League or Scottish clubs or even horror of horrors the English National team. We have a formula that works for us and it is up to the premier league to sort out its own problems. Playing less fixtures means a financial loss to the club and less value for season ticket holders. They should be told by the clubs that no means no and that they should not keep wasting money constantly bringing it up and if they cannot accept that the people who are doing it have lost the confidence of the clubs and should resign and leave the administration to people who believe in doing what the clubs and their fans want. The resignation of the people responsible should be the purpose of the next meeting.

He has significantly overstates the population of Greater Manchester.

I just don't get the maths of some of the arguments in this proposal

we play too many football league games midweek so lets reduce it - then increase the games we play midweek by playing extra football trophy games.

I'm not automatically against an extra division, and I do think letting in the top 6 or so Scottish teams in would actually be a great for the UK politically as well as for the game. But it seems to be that they are doing a possible good thing for bad reasons reading that letter.

If Nicola Surgeon gets her way they would be withdrawn as soon as Scotland vote out of the UK.

It is time the clubs told the EFL that it is for them that it is supposed to work not the Premier League or Scottish clubs or even horror of horrors the English National team. We have a formula that works for us and it is up to the premier league to sort out its own problems. Playing less fixtures means a financial loss to the club and less value for season ticket holders. They should be told by the clubs that no means no and that they should not keep wasting money constantly bringing it up and if they cannot accept that the people who are doing it have lost the confidence of the clubs and should resign and leave the administration to people who believe in doing what the clubs and their fans want. The resignation of the people responsible should be the purpose of the next meeting.

Could we do with some kind of association of supporters clubs/trusts to be able to meet in response to things like this and put forward the views of fans?