Scholes, yet again.

Now he is using us to big himself up.

Reckons we'd only take 250 (and half Salford took) to Stockport.

In context it's looks like with each passing quote, it was more about moulding a media imagebto counter Beckham, than genuine affection for the club. He can do one now, find someone else to take the piss out if.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/786687315359956992

Edited by singe

"OK, it is a local game but you would do well to get 250 if Oldham were there."

A place where we regulary took far far more than 500 never mind 250 however Stockport are now 4 or 5 divisions below us so it may not be of interest! what a load of bollox!

Edited by palmer1

Scholes has turned up to a couple of games he's abit of a floating fan but we have always been his second team in his heart compared to United and possibly third now after his involvement in Salford. He will never become our manager aslong as he stays sane. I'm not sure why someone who doesn't need the money would take on the role of managing our club with 12-15 hour days working for an a times volatile board and infront of volatile fans it's just not worth it to him.

This will obviously deeply upset those who get a boner about us taking 2000 to Rochdale but really it's a throw away line.

Nothing to see here.

Edited by GlossopLatic

A place where we regulary took far far more than 500 never mind 250 however Stockport are now 4 or 5 divisions below us so it may not be of interest! what a load of bollox!

I recall in the dreaded Penney season we took around 700-800 on a Tuesday night & I remember thinking that was an awful turnout by our standards. I know it's probably just a flippant comment on his part, but it's more the cringeworthy way the Beeb lap up all the 'Class of 92' rhetoric that sticks in the craw for those of us who can't abide anything of a Red persuasion.

Anyway, I used to absolutely love Stockport away, packing out 2 sides of Edgeley Park on a few occasions. The scenes after that winner from Eyresy. We should find a vid of that and mercilessly retweet it to the BBC :pow:

Scholes has turned up to a couple of games he's abit of a floating fan but we have always been his second team in his heart compared to United and possibly third now after his involvement in Salford. He will never become our manager aslong as he stays sane. I'm not sure why someone who doesn't need the money would take on the role of managing our club with 12-15 hour days working for an a times volatile board and infront of volatile fans it's just not worth it to him.

This will obviously deeply upset those who get a boner about us taking 2000 to Rochdale but really it's a throw away line.

Nothing to see here.

No boner from me about our away following, I'm much more concerned about our home ones.

But I do object to him taking the piss out of us so publicly.

If you do a search, his comments gave been broadcasting internationally on a big scale. Literally millions have seen it, no need to take the piss out of us.

Let's hope most don't read past the headline.

No boner from me about our away following, I'm much more concerned about our home ones.

But I do object to him taking the piss out of us so publicly.

If you do a search, his comments gave been broadcasting internationally on a big scale. Literally millions have seen it, no need to take the piss out of us.

Let's hope most don't read past the headline.

Interestingly....has any single Latics fan ever seen him at an away game? I've seen him in the Chaddy End several times in the past but never in an away end with us.

L1

L2

Nat

Nat N/S

Interestingly....has any single Latics fan ever seen him at an away game? I've seen him in the Chaddy End several times in the past but never in an away end with us.

Pretty sure I saw someone post they had travelled on the coach with him a few times, for me that makes it more disappointing.

Are you spreading gossip ? That he no longer is going through the facade of a happy marriage but is about to jump ship and canoodle with Corney?

I would imagine for Paul, the choice between SC and Clare is no choice at all :grin:

Guest nonaenever

Well....... I`ve always thought Scholesy was ok (admittedly only from what others have said) but what a crass comment - we used to take over Stockport - always 2000-3000 Latics there ! Now, his allegiances just might be changing - he's very good friends with a certain Mike Sweeney - you know him with the really exaggerated Manc accent - ex Salford boy now living in Saddleworth. Seen them both out in certain pubs together and they play golf and footy together. Sweeney's always givin it the "hard Salford lad" image on the radio - so Scholesy might just be becoming another plastic Manc - Kenny Jones (RIP) would not be pleased!