Protest Group

Until Simon Corney runs out of funds there is sweet FA that anybody can achieve, even if they were in their thousands which they will not be, no matter how loud they shout.

It must be quite obvious to even the thickest poster on here that he has 1 aim-to get the North Stand earning serious money asap.

The performance of the football team has become totally insignificant to him-except for away at Lincoln.

I would hope that any protest doesnt affect Mr Robinson or the team as they were all well and truly shafted before the season even started.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't want is for us to end up like blackpool, Blackburn, Coventry and Charlton - where the feeling of aggression takes over everything - I personally go to football as an escape from the day to day and have enough stress and hassle at work already - I know the current 'experience ' at games isn't great but I can walk away grumbling and moaning across Clayton playing fields then maybe come on here but then stop....until the next game!

If the atmosphere turns aggressive - I am out - not taking my kids into that..

Why are the Trust so onside with the club? Spinning stories? Are you going to let us know if Simon B is happy with how the club's being dragged through the gutter, you don't have to spin anything the incompetence and lack of leadership on all fronts is clear for all to see.

Could the Trust please check that the club have paid across to Rochdale ticket monies from our match there?

There are rumours that we havent.

There won't be any spin - don't worry. If this happens, it will be done in a measured, mature way. All parties will, of course, be spoken to and be able to have their input. I just honestly sense (as do many others) that this time, it's different. Fans whom I would never have thought would "turn" against the club are starting to do so. The atmosphere all round is negative and sometimes toxic. I'm not knocking what the Trust does at all - it has its place but it is doing little to placate the growing discontent amongst many loyal fans and maybe a different approach is needed. So, this will be a properly co-ordinated and professional "pressure group" - please see separate post - OAFC "Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" - with an aim to bring about positive change.

It will be very focussed and kept to a list of key written objectives, with a vision in mind.

I am gauging support and, if sufficient, will then explain my credentials and background etc. - and let's see if we get momentum.

You want buy in from the club. There is a Director of the club who is on the fans side (in my opinion). Give it a go, you might surprise yourself.

What I don't want is for us to end up like blackpool, Blackburn, Coventry and Charlton - where the feeling of aggression takes over everything - I personally go to football as an escape from the day to day and have enough stress and hassle at work already - I know the current 'experience ' at games isn't great but I can walk away grumbling and moaning across Clayton playing fields then maybe come on here but then stop....until the next game!

Must say I agree.

While I don't think anybody is content as such with the current situation, it's not that bad that I feel walk-outs and mass protests are the answer, or even appropriate. The detachment Blackpool fans feel is unimaginable - I've never seen a more sorry state of affairs at a football ground than Bloomfield Road last season. Never, ever want it to go that route when it's not necessary.

If things can be improved through dialogue, a supporters charter, the Trust, or whatever peaceful scheme somebody can think of it's worth it over the alternatives you've mentioned.

Edited by NewBlue

Personally I don't think it's necessarily investment which is the main problem. It's the constant stream of new players, coaches and managers that is turning people away. What happened to bringing through our own players into the first team? What happened to having a few experienced pros on longer contracts. It's this constant chopping and changing that has seen my interest in the club decline in recent years. It's quite clear why Sheridan jumped ship in the summer to me. After steadying the ship I think he wanted to build something yet we had to rip it all up and start again. If we can't get investment and can't afford to build a team with longer term plans then I'll take downsizing and an emphasis on bringing through youth over this constant revolving door :censored:e.

Add Leyton Orient now to that list

Mc fluff your comments ask for a reasonable way to get the investment if Corney goes. It's clear you ain't willing to take the risk of what will happen without Corney. That's fine and your opinion.

However many of us are at the point now where it's got that bad we are willing to take the risk of the club dropping into oblivion simply to alleviate the boredom.

Mc fluff your comments ask for a reasonable way to get the investment if Corney goes. It's clear you ain't willing to take the risk of what will happen without Corney. That's fine and your opinion.

However many of us are at the point now where it's got that bad we are willing to take the risk of the club dropping into oblivion simply to alleviate the boredom.

There needs to be a plan. You can't just say the aim is to get Corney to walk without any potential investment lined up.

Oblivion could mean a free fall through the leagues or extinction. I doubt more than a handful of fans would enjoy that just to alleviate some boredom

There needs to be a plan. You can't just say the aim is to get Corney to walk without any potential investment lined up.

Oblivion could mean a free fall through the leagues or extinction. I doubt more than a handful of fans would enjoy that just to alleviate some boredom

There is a plan. It simply needs the asking price to be reduced by 90%. Then watch this space.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• 10 months later...