Protest Group

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your take on it then Dave?

Would ya rather Corney stay and the club continue on its current path?

Or do you disagree with the way things are being handled here, in which case I would like to hear your thoughts on the best approach to take.

Served my time, down to others now. I just know that nothing is achieved by whinging on a message board

What's your take on it then Dave?

Would ya rather Corney stay and the club continue on its current path?

Or do you disagree with the way things are being handled here, in which case I would like to hear your thoughts on the best approach to take.[/quote

Edited by Dave_Og

Guest nonaenever

Quite happy to draft a written plan up? 1) Give the operation an appropriate name 2) Vision - i.e. what the long suffering true fans see as the final outcome 3) Constructive ideas/aims/objectives in order to reach the vision.

See this as a relatively long term project - also crucial that there is meaningful dialogue with the club - don't want to burn bridges - want this to be a constructive commitment for the long term benefit of the club and fans.

Will gauge opinion on here first before embarking on anything.

If it's a runner, I will set up an appropriate facebook page - maybe even a website in order to keep people fully informed and gather ideas/initiatives.

The Chron will be approached as well as Radio Manchester in order to get the message out there and show that apathy hasn't set in - we do care passionately about our club and don't want to see it wither on the vine any further.

Clearly, there will be a lot of differing views but the aim will be to truly represent the fans and liaise with the club in a meaningful and constructive manner.

The difference this time is that I think there is a feeling out there that it is "dyed in the wool" true supporters who are now starting to question their allegiance. This will be no "fly by night" campaign but a professional, concerted effort to bring about positive change.

It will come back to the same thing it did last time.

What is the outcome wanted? If it's investment then you guys will need to advise how to get that because it won't just appear. Corney can't afford to take us to the next level, how do you propose we get there?

I disagree that supporting our club lower down the leagues even if we only win a few games here and there, because it's our club, will be a better option.

Quite happy to draft a written plan up? 1) Give the operation an appropriate name 2) Vision - i.e. what the long suffering true fans see as the final outcome 3) Constructive ideas/aims/objectives in order to reach the vision.

See this as a relatively long term project - also crucial that there is meaningful dialogue with the club - don't want to burn bridges - want this to be a constructive commitment for the long term benefit of the club and fans.

Will gauge opinion on here first before embarking on anything.

If it's a runner, I will set up an appropriate facebook page - maybe even a website in order to keep people fully informed and gather ideas/initiatives.

The Chron will be approached as well as Radio Manchester in order to get the message out there and show that apathy hasn't set in - we do care passionately about our club and don't want to see it wither on the vine any further.

Clearly, there will be a lot of differing views but the aim will be to truly represent the fans and liaise with the club in a meaningful and constructive manner.

The difference this time is that I think there is a feeling out there that it is "dyed in the wool" true supporters who are now starting to question their allegiance. This will be no "fly by night" campaign but a professional, concerted effort to bring about positive change.

It should be obvious from the Community Asset application that there is meaningful dialogue going on with the owners. Are you going to spin stories to the media (we ALL have links) before speaking to Simon B?

All for direct action. I think the time has passed for walkouts, boycotts, etc - Corney et al won't care. They have most people's money already from ST sales. A boycott of buying STs for next season will have an impact, but we might be down already by then.

The only thing I can see working is us putting our efforts behind securing new investment. Adverts in the big newspapers, both here and abroad (China anyone?!). Something along the lines of 'save our club'. There are only 92 clubs in the football league - and even fewer that can be purchased unless you are 9-figures wealthy. The potential upside (see Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull) can be immense. Get some sort of fan involvement in the new setup and you're golden.

Or we can continue the downward trajectory and "cut the cloth" accordingly. That'll be fun.

Why are the Trust so onside with the club? Spinning stories? Are you going to let us know if Simon B is happy with how the club's being dragged through the gutter, you don't have to spin anything the incompetence and lack of leadership on all fronts is clear for all to see.

All for direct action. I think the time has passed for walkouts, boycotts, etc - Corney et al won't care. They have most people's money already from ST sales. A boycott of buying STs for next season will have an impact, but we might be down already by then.

The only thing I can see working is us putting our efforts behind securing new investment. Adverts in the big newspapers, both here and abroad (China anyone?!). Something along the lines of 'save our club'. There are only 92 clubs in the football league - and even fewer that can be purchased unless you are 9-figures wealthy. The potential upside (see Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull) can be immense. Get some sort of fan involvement in the new setup and you're golden.

Or we can continue the downward trajectory and "cut the cloth" accordingly. That'll be fun.

I'm not Anti- Corney, so although I can see (and understand) the need for change, I personally won't support protests.

But, I am 100% behind you trying to secure an investor and similar positive action. It's the only way forward, in my view.

Evolution not Revolution for me.

I don't think we can have an "outcome" other than being heard and noticed.

Hence I suggest a walkout, plus a statement delivered to the club and press.

I think keeping it simple keeps it effective.

I think overall the vast majority of us are upset about the same things. If this can be worded efficiently - maybe in up to ten main points - then combined with a walkout we could be heard and noticed.

Realistically there isn't anything else we can directly achieve with regards to protesting. What happens after that depends on how the club reacts to what we do.

I think overall the vast majority of us are upset about the same things. If this can be worded efficiently - maybe in up to ten main points - then combined with a walkout we could be heard and noticed.

Realistically there isn't anything else we can directly achieve with regards to protesting. What happens after that depends on how the club reacts to what we do.

How do you want the club to react? What do you want them to do?

It will be a damp squib.

It only needs an attack on goal (for the rarity value alone!) at the allotted time, for every to concentrate on that instead. Plus it's unoriginal, and won't grab attention. I feel.

Edited by singe

Guest nonaenever

It should be obvious from the Community Asset application that there is meaningful dialogue going on with the owners. Are you going to spin stories to the media (we ALL have links) before speaking to Simon B?

There won't be any spin - don't worry. If this happens, it will be done in a measured, mature way. All parties will, of course, be spoken to and be able to have their input. I just honestly sense (as do many others) that this time, it's different. Fans whom I would never have thought would "turn" against the club are starting to do so. The atmosphere all round is negative and sometimes toxic. I'm not knocking what the Trust does at all - it has its place but it is doing little to placate the growing discontent amongst many loyal fans and maybe a different approach is needed. So, this will be a properly co-ordinated and professional "pressure group" - please see separate post - OAFC "Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" - with an aim to bring about positive change.

It will be very focussed and kept to a list of key written objectives, with a vision in mind.

I am gauging support and, if sufficient, will then explain my credentials and background etc. - and let's see if we get momentum.

How do you want the club to react? What do you want them to do?

I'd like them to react by putting the club on a course more likely to lead to promotion than relegation which is what they should be doing anyway. Only success, if anything, will raise attendances.

As a supporter all I can do is make my dissatisfaction and worries known. I don't expect or believe any of us are in a position that could do any more than that.

I'd rather us go down with a scream than a whimper, in the slim hope positive change will happen.

There won't be any spin - don't worry. If this happens, it will be done in a measured, mature way. All parties will, of course, be spoken to and be able to have their input. I just honestly sense (as do many others) that this time, it's different. Fans whom I would never have thought would "turn" against the club are starting to do so. The atmosphere all round is negative and sometimes toxic. I'm not knocking what the Trust does at all - it has its place but it is doing little to placate the growing discontent amongst many loyal fans and maybe a different approach is needed. So, this will be a properly co-ordinated and professional "pressure group" - please see separate post - OAFC "Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" - with an aim to bring about positive change.

It will be very focussed and kept to a list of key written objectives, with a vision in mind.

I am gauging support and, if sufficient, will then explain my credentials and background etc. - and let's see if we get momentum.

The Trust should do what the membership wants. Have you met with them?

All season ticket holders are members.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/trust-oldham-membership-free-with-your-201617-season-ticket-3407808.aspx