Not paying Rochdale!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if cash flow is an issue down at BP, then right or wrong who can blame them from holding back on paying Rochdale's invoice? They'll be some way down the list of priorities regarding payments with HMRC, the VAT man and staff wages at the top. If true, no doubt the Rochdale bill will be paid Asap, but they'll have to wait a bit. Just business I'm afraid.

Well if cash flow is an issue down at BP, then right or wrong who can blame them from holding back on paying Rochdale's invoice? They'll be some way down the list of priorities regarding payments with HMRC, the VAT man and staff wages at the top. If true, no doubt the Rochdale bill will be paid Asap, but they'll have to wait a bit. Just business I'm afraid.

Just business? If they have told the fa we are under a transfer embargo! That's not just business.

I'm not saying it's right, it isn't. But if they owe the tax man then that has to come first, the consequences of not paying that bill far outweigh those of not paying Rochdale. That's what I mean about it being just business. I'm a businessman (my cash flow is fine) so I've not been in the predicament that Latics may or may not be in, but I have been in Rochdale's (if the story is true) a few times and I've always been paid, albeit a bit late. Those late customers always struggle to obtain credit from me going forward though so don't know how it would work in Rochdale's case?

Absolutely no basis or evidence for this rumour is there? The Dale forum is awash with holier than thou pious posters who have a real downer on Bury and less so Oldham, sneering our way on a regular basis. Many of them still think it's Clarkes fault that their lovely young man up front committed assault. Their club never does anything wrong, their players are all angels, Hill is a lovely modest man and their explayers all want to come back to Spotland for their last season. Deluded.

Pinch of salt

Despite all that, most Dale fans dismissed it as wild speculation.

Funny how the chron today has reported latics can't sign anyone now until Jan 'Due to Funds' even Gerrard yet before said he would be signing as soon as he is fit.

This has echoes of last year, when there were no funds available to Dunn. But when Sheridan came in they managed to find some. I'm sure Dunn said he wanted to sign Gerrard himself but was told the money wasn't available.

I wonder if Robinson needs to put a decent run together now to be allowed to spend the money he thought he was getting anyway last week?

I'd suggest everyone gets on Twitter and asks Ian Herbert (who wrote this article, in February) to look in to this. I am sure he'd have contacts at the FA who could clarify, and I know they're tracking the issues at places like Blackpool, Orient and Charlton closely.

Its obscene now in football when Manchester City are willing to pay £200 million and £500,000 a week to a player who's best years may be behind him, yet little money filters down to the lower leagues.

Wont happen of course, but the weak EFL should tell the Premieship clubs they are barred from loaning young players at any time during the season. They will be left with them on their hands with no chance of breaking into the first teams and have to give the majority of them away for free.

Lower league clubs would then have plenty to choose from pre season to build a proper team.

Edited by BP1960