Democracy...

it seems clear that at least half of the people asked to come in by the Chairman have no interest in doing so - fair enough, there is no obligation to do so and they have their reasons.

But, it would be daft to miss the chance to put questions to him on film so why not:

Anyone who is interested in taking up the offer puts their credentials and their reasons for wanting to take part (as well as their real name) on here and we see if there are four credible people to go and ask the difficult questions - and then we vote for four of them?

That may not be how the invitation was framed but I can't imagine that they wouldn't be acceptable.

it seems clear that at least half of the people asked to come in by the Chairman have no interest in doing so - fair enough, there is no obligation to do so and they have their reasons.

But, it would be daft to miss the chance to put questions to him on film so why not:

Anyone who is interested in taking up the offer puts their credentials and their reasons for wanting to take part (as well as their real name) on here and we see if there are four credible people to go and ask the difficult questions - and then we vote for four of them?

That may not be how the invitation was framed but I can't imagine that they wouldn't be acceptable.

As an unpopular user and being firmly against Corney.

I'd be up for it :)

Guest nonaenever

Hi - I have posted details of my credentials on the "Charter" thread. The Chairman has today left me a message on my voicemail as a result of the letter I also sent to the club (copied onto the Charter thread) and I am due to speak with him soon. As regards real names; I have provided that to the club and Trust in confidence at this stage. Experience says it is not really wise to start putting names in the public domain so early. People get very emotive about football - and things can get out of hand i.e. the volunteers' names would be out there - meanwhile any trolls (believe that's what they are called) could still operate under total anonymity.

I agree with the sentiments of what the OP says though - don't miss this unique opportunity.

If I want to have a chat with Corney I shall do it in my own time, in the meantime if he's uncomfortable with some of what I say I'm glad because despite his attempt at coming over all sincere and as a victim in all this it's his decisions that see us where we are.

Nice attempt at deflecting some :censored: away from yourself though rather than the sorry mess our finances are in or indeed the piss poor team you cobbled together in a couple of weeks, I like Corney have every sympathy for our new rookie manager whose been dealt the :censored:test of :censored: hands and I've no doubt he's working his butt off for peanuts, I can't remember baying for his blood or calling him names like I did when Dunn and Dumber were here, I respect the guy dealing with the circumstances he faces I just don't enjoy watching the football his team play.

I find it incredible that a chairman of a Football Club can feel so aggreived about the opinion of a few, what would worry me more than the vocal 4 would be the silent 4000 who've stopped going during his tenure, all we here about is negativity but who really creates that and I'm all ears if you want to run all the positives by me.

I know plenty of dye in the wool fans who've stopped going in the last 12 months, do you really think they are staying away because of a few negative posters on here? we know why they are not attending and that's down to one man.

If I want to have a chat with Corney I shall do it in my own time, in the meantime if he's uncomfortable with some of what I say I'm glad because despite his attempt at coming over all sincere and as a victim in all this it's his decisions that see us where we are.

Nice attempt at deflecting some :censored: away from yourself though rather than the sorry mess our finances are in or indeed the piss poor team you cobbled together in a couple of weeks, I like Corney have every sympathy for our new rookie manager whose been dealt the :censored:test of :censored: hands and I've no doubt he's working his butt off for peanuts, I can't remember baying for his blood or calling him names like I did when Dunn and Dumber were here, I respect the guy dealing with the circumstances he faces I just don't enjoy watching the football his team play.

I find it incredible that a chairman of a Football Club can feel so aggreived about the opinion of a few, what would worry me more than the vocal 4 would be the silent 4000 who've stopped going during his tenure, all we here about is negativity but who really creates that and I'm all ears if you want to run all the positives by me.

I know plenty of dye in the wool fans who've stopped going in the last 12 months, do you really think they are staying away because of a few negative posters on here? we know why they are not attending and that's down to one man.

Mark Hughes?

Hmmm. Bit of a cop out that tbh. Bit weak tbh. Not a surprise though. It's the nature of the internet troll.

And the award for least surprising response of the day goes too...

'If I want to have a chat with Corney I shall do it in my own time'

That's exactly what's on offer...

Brilliant.

So Corney calls out the 4 posters who have arguably been the most vocal in terms of criticism, yet 3 don't have the minerals to take him to task, live on camera, where he cannot hide behind pre-rehearsed answers, nor in a "behind-closed-doors" environment, and the other is currently banned.

Looks like his bluff-calling trick has worked.

Yet bizarrely, those same people will have no hesitation in whining on here on an almost daily basis about how much of a hindrance to the club he is.

I would happily sit down with him and put questions to him.

I respect the guy for what he's done and how he saved the club but at the same time worried about the future and the vision for the club going forward! I have no agenda either way other than wanting success for the club I have loved for a long time! I still attend home and away matches and would continue to do so regardless of what's going on!

Edited by super_blue