Lincoln - FA Cup

Back of the Chron - "Some players won't play for me again"

Who's that, then? Reckord, Winch, Ladapo and Burgess probably prime suspects.

Oh dear remember when i told the forum the conversation with Dunne last year which he said he would keep five but only sign three of last years squad, Robinson is making the same mistake you do not come out publicly and say it or else they just completely down tools not the smartest thing to do, you wait until you are in a postion to replace them at the earliest opportunity.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear remember when i told the forum the conversation with Dunne last year which he said he would keep five but only sign three of last years squad, Robinson is making the same mistake you do not come out publicly and say it or else they just completely down tools not the smartest thing to do, you wait until you are in a postion to replace them at the earliest opportunity.

Exactly. I fear the dressing room has been lost

Just seen the post match interviews. Apparenty Clarke asked to be interviewed to say that it wasn't the manager's fault. He said they were made fully aware of how Lincoln would play and they did exactly as expected but the players failed to do their jobs.

Robinson said a couple of times that several of the players had proved they were not good enough for this level. Not sure if he meant League 1 or the National League.

Exactly. I fear the dressing room has been lost

Exactly shows a lack of clear thought process & poor man management skills, once the threat has been issued in public you have no option but to carry it through or else you will never be taken seriously again, so question is out of the players last night who will never play for the club again?

Genuine question does it worry you how bad we was and still could have drew level in the end? Good luck in the next round

Our defence has been shaky at times this season - plus we didn't have our standard defensive pairing as Raggett is out for 3 games suspension. McCombe came in and is basically crocked, so the worry is that we don't have the strength in depth at the moment. We also didn't have a more dynamic midfielder in in Whitehouse, as he is cup tied.

I think as someone else said here, we weren't at full strength last night by a long chalk - half of the bench last night were scholars.

Our defence has been shaky at times this season - plus we didn't have our standard defensive pairing as Raggett is out for 3 games suspension. McCombe came in and is basically crocked, so the worry is that we don't have the strength in depth at the moment. We also didn't have a more dynamic midfielder in in Whitehouse, as he is cup tied.

I think as someone else said here, we weren't at full strength last night by a long chalk - half of the bench last night were scholars.

Your manager is very impressive, could be EFL clubs will now be after him.

Unfortunately, we can't afford him.

Edited by BP1960

I wouldn't worry if I were you - hopefully the cameras will follow you to Ipswich and I hope you do well.

I would make our "footballers" all meet up to watch the game as well.

Your manager is very impressive, could be EFL clubs will now be after him.

Unfortunately, we can't afford him.

He is still Essex based - his family spilt time between down there and up here, so I think if he goes anywhere he'll go back down South.

If he gets us back in the league and then goes, job done.

I wouldn't worry if I were you - hopefully the cameras will follow you to Ipswich and I hope you do well.

I wonder how many our players the Lincoln manager would sign to play in the Conference, not many I suspect.

TBH, part of me had hoped for an equaliser last night and then bow out at the Boundary. I'd rather keep up the pace in the Pub League National!

I wonder how many our players the Lincoln manager would sign to play in the Conference, not many I suspect.

There are some good players down here - indeed when Big Keith Alexander took over in a season we were favourites for relegation, he found so many players in the North West non league game to play for the club and took us to the Millennium.

Edited by steveimp

Don't get me wrong I don't rate ladapo but he looked more a threat than Erwin last night and should of scored. So may be that tells a story in its self. I'd of took Erwin of 1st

What, by trying to push the ball in with his belly, from the only decent cross in the first half. Did he really think that would result in a goal?

Ladapo is utter, utter :censored:e. Erwin did nothing for an hour but he did enough in the last half hour to convince me he's miles better than Ladapo.

There are some good players down here - indeed when Big Keith Alexander took over in a season we were favourites for relegation, he found so many players in the North West non league game to play for the club and took us to the Millennium.

Lee Croft is out of contract in January, ideal for your set up.

I would (just about) rather our players met up for our league game at milton :censored:in keynes, than watching games with absolutely no relevance to us in the slightest.

What, by trying to push the ball in with his belly, from the only decent cross in the first half. Did he really think that would result in a goal?

Ladapo is utter, utter :censored:e. Erwin did nothing for an hour but he did enough in the last half hour to convince me he's miles better than Ladapo.

I never said he was good player just think last night he did more than Erwin in that 1 game!