Lincoln - FA Cup

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is how can Eastleigh, Stourbridge, Lincoln all score against opposition 2+ leagues above them yet we can't against sides in our own division...

Got to remember league form goes out the Window no points to be dropped so nothing to lose really in terms of goals conceded

What I don't understand is how can Eastleigh, Stourbridge, Lincoln all score against opposition 2+ leagues above them yet we can't against sides in our own division...

Cos we're :censored: I think we've established that.

A replay at home to Ipswich nice little money spinner for them may even be on tv will probably sell out aswell good luck to them and all but really it shows am opportunity missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well deserved Lincoln win, Ipswich no better than us.

Bit of an understatement that BP. I think Ipswich have just made our performance look akin to a 1970 Brazil masterclass. Atleast we had a go at scoring towards the end. Ipswich were abysmal throughout but take nothing away from Lincoln. Wish them well

One thing stood out to me, and I'm sure BP will agree, every time Lincoln got the ball their instinct was to go forward, Ipswich, like many teams today went sideways or backwards in order to keep possession. You can only do that if you are good at it, Ipswich, like us, are not.

Absolutely. If they can hold on to that manager, who is destined for much bigger things, I can see them winning League 2 next season.

I'd forgotten when I'd seen Danny Cowley before. When he was manager at Concord I was about five yards from him when he was having a full on fight with our manager at Stortford. He was lucky the officials got between them as I know where my money was:

Cowley: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38599994

Stringer: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rod+stringer&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&imgil=qeLcD8Kmwe53pM%253A%253BdGBPw4cWi_Y2QM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%25252Fsport%25252Ffootball%25252F24912880&source=iu&pf=m&fir=qeLcD8Kmwe53pM%253A%252CdGBPw4cWi_Y2QM%252C_&usg=__wdh-v9RAdMMh9GBM0rkTrNpNySM%3D&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwjN4ryyncrRAhVBbxQKHa-SAJ0QyjcIPg&ei=2Zp-WI2SFsHeUa-lgugJ#imgrc=qeLcD8Kmwe53pM%3A

One thing stood out to me, and I'm sure BP will agree, every time Lincoln got the ball their instinct was to go forward, Ipswich, like many teams today went sideways or backwards in order to keep possession. You can only do that if you are good at it, Ipswich, like us, are not.

It's a simple game, no need for clipboards with their style of play.

Edited by BP1960

Absolutely. If they can hold on to that manager, who is destined for much bigger things, I can see them winning League 2 next season.

Dunno simliar to Luton the other year Non League teams who have good FA cup runs are known for dips in there league form.

Saying that I do rate there manager & his assistant did a great job at both Concord & Braintree.

Stringer would have Cowley for breakfast. Literally.

• 2 weeks later...

Knocking top of Championship Brighton out now. It reminds me of our 89/90 run. Good luck to them.

Five attempts, three on target, three goals. Yes, best of luck to them and it puts the Latics' loss to them in some kind of perspective...not that it matters any, except when the two teams, barring a miracle, meet again next season.

Edited by Wardie