Lincoln - FA Cup

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was under contract, Notts County paid a fee, we didn't have to let him go.

And we couldn't force him to stay against his will. That would have made him a happy bunny, wouldn't it? Old adage; if someone doesn't want to stay, you let them go. Otherwise, they'll just be pissed off.

You mean like Phil Brown when he was pushing for his move to Bolton but Southend refused him permission and guess what he's still plying his trade at Roots Hall, all this bollocks about not standing in players/managers ways is part of the reason we have zero continuity and stability and is just a convenient excuse for our illustrious leader to churn out. It's short sighted like every other decision we tend to make.

Guest nonaenever

Can I just point out that your new buddy Corney is to blame for trying to get away with appointing nobodies again and again?

Stevie - I won't rise to the bait.

Your "new buddy Corney" quote is wide of the mark I`m afraid. If it were true, I`d hardly be slagging off his chosen manager now, would I ?

My simple thought process at the moment is this. I think we will be relegated with home crowds of about 1900 by the season's end if Robinson stays. I don't want to see that and, as I`ve said elsewhere, would like to see us make a financial offer to Keith Hill that he won't refuse. I then think we'd stay up - and progress pretty rapidly thereafter - and see the return of some pleasant times.

That's my only wish at present - we now have a very urgent short term need in my opinion - to stay up and hopefully secure our future.

Guest nonaenever

Keith Hill wouldn't even contemplate giving up what he's got at Rochdale, he's got a great crop of kids coming through some as young as 16 playing in the first team and has a job for life at Spotland if he wanted it and the security that comes with that.

It's a sad fact of the modern world.... but "money talks". Offer him a 5 year contract on decent money - and you never know. One of the benefits is that he would attract some of the talent across with him; as often happens. Perfect fit for us in my opinion.

Keith Hill wouldn't even contemplate giving up what he's got at Rochdale, he's got a great crop of kids coming through some as young as 16 playing in the first team and has a job for life at Spotland if he wanted it and the security that comes with that.

Whats Rochdale's secret with this security you mention, they don't have a major investor do they?

Think you're being a tad unfair on Robinson there. He had a decent career at our level...

Fair comment, my ignorance on that one (to all that called it)

But who the hell has called for Scholes? Another lie thrown down

Edited by real

It's a sad fact of the modern world.... but "money talks". Offer him a 5 year contract on decent money - and you never know. One of the benefits is that he would attract some of the talent across with him; as often happens. Perfect fit for us in my opinion.

I absolutely agree with you regarding Hill, I think he would do a great job here and I also think he could be tempted for the right money.

Unfortunately I don't see were that money would be coming from.

Name the ones it worked with..

I think they were all players with a decent playing and/or coaching career at this level or above.

Moore, Shez, Dickov, Johnson all knew this level of football well.

Kelly and Robinson didn't and have come unstuck.

Eh? Robbo probably had as good as, if not a better, playing career than Johnson....

Not really. He's never got them up, why would he get us up?

Guest nonaenever

I absolutely agree with you regarding Hill, I think he would do a great job here and I also think he could be tempted for the right money.

Unfortunately I don't see were that money would be coming from.

If I were in charge, I`d be approaching Messrs Blitz and Gazal and saying "you are going to have to speculate to accumulate - we need to invest in a manager who IS going to turn it around, get the crowds back and bring back some good times".

What have they got to lose as against the current horribly downward spiral?

Guest nonaenever

Not really. He's never got them up, why would he get us up?

We have far more potential than Rochdale - with a modicum of success we could double their home attendance in a jiffy - hence more to then invest. His football style is great to watch and he can motivate.

Or was Steve Evans to blame he was brought in so late? According to those in the know on here Evans was a done deal then he decided he wanted an extra 20k at last minute

Ah...so you're relying on "those in the know" now that it suits your flailing standpoint ??? :censored:ing priceless this ???

Edited by boundaryblue80

We have far more potential than Rochdale - with a modicum of success we could double their home attendance in a jiffy - hence more to then invest. His football style is great to watch and he can motivate.

I admire Rochdale, in the way they're a stable club, slowly making progress. Once upon time we had more potential that them; I'm not convinced that's the case anymore.

If I were in charge, I`d be approaching Messrs Blitz and Gazal and saying "you are going to have to speculate to accumulate - we need to invest in a manager who IS going to turn it around, get the crowds back and bring back some good times".

What have they got to lose as against the current horribly downward spiral?

Umm Blitz and Gazal are de facto in charge ......the have speculated to accumulate and have accumulated....and what have they to lose? Money

..and you are asking the questions?

The kids show how to do it at Lincloln;

@OAFCAcademy utes ago

Full time: Lincoln City 0 - 6 Oldham Athletic

(OG, @Mace_Fawns, @brendyg123 (3), @ChiUche10 )

Have to say trialist striker Mason Fawns took my eye in a youth game last week, not sure if he can play against Birmighham next Wednesday.

Edited by BP1960

• 4 weeks later...