Lincoln - FA Cup

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His feet looked frozen to me.

He's frozen up front anyway.

I'd like to see him played deeper or from the wing. He's probably got a decent cross on him and he's definitely got vision and an excellent shot from distance. Lacks pace but he's technically good enough that it shouldn't matter too much.

There was a drop in form and commitment last season which was subsequently explained when we found out that our 'professionals' had not been paid. Has this happened again?

Some should be declared amateurs and not paid anyway.

Our manager couldn't motivate a bucket of frogs to move.

As for the debate about Ladapo and Erwin - they are both utter, dreadful garbage.

Was watching Erwin intently last night - body language etc. - he didn't give a toss - simple as that - along with several others.

Others have said it elsewhere, he's lost the dressing room - time to go.

And no, at present I`ve no idea how we rescue our season - I`m still in a state of shock - but I am convinced almost anybody with a simple understanding of football could manage, organise and motivate what we are stuck with for now better than this clown.

He's got to go or we will go down for certain. Having said that, several fans I was chatting with last night actually think this is now the only way forward - backwards to re-group and go forward again. Again, I simply don't know what I think anymore but this is as bad as ever.

Against my gut feeling, I was actually starting to think "stick with Robinson" but after that last night (with 2 weeks preparation time) I think he's stealing a living. About as bad as Dunn - and boy he was bad.

Can I just point out that your new buddy Corney is to blame for trying to get away with appointing nobodies again and again?

By that you mean 1st time managers and I'm sure you'll agree it's worked in the past so why wouldn't he do it again?

Name the ones it worked with..

I think they were all players with a decent playing and/or coaching career at this level or above.

Moore, Shez, Dickov, Johnson all knew this level of football well.

Kelly and Robinson didn't and have come unstuck.

I think they were all players with a decent playing and/or coaching career at this level or above.

Robinson played most of his career in the 2nd/3rd tier didn't he, similar to Johnson?

I'm not criticising your post here, but it is a post that many have written for years. There is no proper goal scorer coming in, just more loanee kids. There's no money for anything other. Robbo just binned off his chance of that. He's spoke for weeks how everything he's done so far was geared up to getting us through to R3 and to quote him "getting some out" when we win money to. He's failed miserably and as someone who never once said we will go down last season, I expect it this season unless we bin off Robbo. Just like would have happened under Dunn.

I fear it will have to get much worse before it happens...and by then we will be cut off again but this time there will be no Shez arriving on a white horse and there'll be no players after the window shuts unlike last season. No escape. Now is the time to act. 12 blanks in 19 league games. That isn't just down to the players...it's down to this guy not having a clue how set us up in attack (the defence has gone to :censored: too now), how to have a team further up the field to win 2nd balls and keep teams on the back foot. And no clue how to make us the best team in or out of possession!

Re the point in bold, has he really said that? I tend to watch all his interviews and don't recall him saying that.

The issue I have with sacking him is who would be this year's Sheridan? If a league 2 journeyman with a similar CV came in then I doubt he'd be well received. Sheridan, being a club legend, was a different story.

The blanks in the last few games are solely down to the players in my opinion. The chances have been created, we just aren't putting them away. Vs Wimbledon I counted 6, and there were numerous against Port Vale and Scunthorpe. It's hard to see what more Robinson can do on that front. Are we creating the wrong type of chances for our forwards? And I'm not so sure the money isn't there for a striker. The change in rules should benefit us if we have the connections and the savvy to exploit them - there will be plenty of players with contracts expiring in the summer who will barely have played this season. A loan for the rest of the season with us and 15 goals later and they could be getting a new contract, or a decent move, or even staying with us if we can start to build something for a change.

You've answered my point for me naming Shez Dickov and Johnson. They all did well in periods.

Any manager is a gamble. Just because they're a big name people seem to think they'll work out.

Robinson hasn't come unstuck because he hasn't been given a proper chance.

Johnson and sheridan worked. Neither had even coached.

Dunn had played international and played in the prem. Look at him.

If it worked with Shez and Johnson and it hasn't worked with managers with experience...

Everyone loves the thought of Scholes managing us. Fans would be over the moon. What's to say he wouldn't be a John barnes or Paul Ince?

What's to say that given a couple of seasons Robinson won't have us firing towards the playoffs in this league after doing what most people said preseason would be impossible and keeping us up

Think you're being a tad unfair on Robinson there. He had a decent career at our level...

What constitutes a proper chance? Isnt it corneys fault he was brought in so late? Why he has to deal with cheap loan signings and short term deals which players dont give a monkeys about?

You can't defend corney then complain the manager hasn't been given a chance...

What constitutes a proper chance? Isnt it corneys fault he was brought in so late? Why he has to deal with cheap loan signings and short term deals which players dont give a monkeys about?

You can't defend corney then complain the manager hasn't been given a chance...

Or was Steve Evans to blame he was brought in so late? According to those in the know on here Evans was a done deal then he decided he wanted an extra 20k at last minute

You've answered my point for me naming Shez Dickov and Johnson. They all did well in periods.

Any manager is a gamble. Just because they're a big name people seem to think they'll work out.

Johnson and sheridan worked. Neither had even coached.

Dunn had played international and played in the prem. Look at him.

If it worked with Shez and Johnson and it hasn't worked with managers with experience...

Everyone loves the thought of Scholes managing us. Fans would be over the moon. What's to say he wouldn't be a John barnes or Paul Ince?

What's to say that given a couple of seasons Robinson won't have us firing towards the playoffs in this league after doing what most people said preseason would be impossible and keeping us up

Not with Corney in charge, no investment, pay peanuts you get monkeys, thats what we have got (When they get paid)

Edited by oafcowl

Or was Steve Evans to blame he was brought in so late? According to those in the know on here Evans was a done deal then he decided he wanted an extra 20k at last minute

And Evans had already contacted players he wanted to bring in. As for Shez being cashed in as some have suggested, he wasn't sold to bring some money in. He wanted to go to a club that he believed would pay him more and give him a bigger budget. We couldn't afford to match it. Simple. Edited by Bristolatic