Lincoln - FA Cup

Spineless and ineffective this is the club we have become, not just on the pitch, but from the very top.

Bang on, the absolute embarrassment that is going on is the tops fault. This has been coming for years.

As much as I like Robinson, he is going to have to go, as he is out of his depth, and yes the players are dreadful, but this is one mans fault. When you have FOUR players a month before the start of the season, this was inevitable, everyone called Blackpool for doing this, and guess what, they went down. It gets to a limit where you cannot keep simply blaming managers, you get what you pay for. Who is really under the naïve belief that if we get rid of Robinson were going to end up with experience, we'll end up with Rookies. Just as we did with Kelly, Dunn, Robinson. Lee Johnson being the exception.

This mess will carry on and on, until fans stop defending the absolute shower from above, no one holds anyone accountable, everyone just turns a blind eye.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are crap! End of!!!

And if we go down it will mainly be because we can't score enough goals. I said it at the start of the season and it's still the same now. Of the strikers we have at the club, only McKay came with any sort of goalscoring pedigree and he has struggled all season but at least you can see why the manager took him. As for the rest of them have a look at their scoring records - at any level they've played at - and none of them have anything like a proper strike rate. So why did the management team expect them to bang the goals in? It's ridiculous!!!

Add to that midfield players such as Green, Croft, Winchester and Fane who won't score 10 goals between them all season, and it's easy to see why we won't win enough games. It's depressing in its inevitability, and it's boring to watch!! :-(

Dummigan, Reckord, Burgess, Green, Winchester, Banks, Erwin, and Ladapo all absolutely :censored:ing awful. The lot of them can have their contracts ripped up tomorrow for me. Banks gets a special mention though as one of the worst powderpuff midfielders to ever pull on the shirt. He's dog :censored:.

Hats off to McKay for a great finish, McLoughlin for his threat, and Croft for doing what he does off the bench. You just know though that the minute you start Crofty, it's normal service resuming.

Reckord, despite being generally :censored:e, cannot be castigated for losing out to Rheade. It was pretty much their only outlet, we should have seen it coming, yet didn't put a player on him that could have won a header. Dunne would have done no better as he too is utter :censored:e and would have been way out of position to have even challenged for a header.

What annoyed me most about tonight is being beaten in terms of desire and effort. Doesn't matter how good/bad you are, you should always have that as a player. We were second best all over for the vast majority of the game. Starting Banks/Winchester over Fane against that lot was a crazy decision. Fane may be inconsistent, but at least he has heart and desire.

It was an absolute embarrassment to watch tonight. Lincoln thoroughly deserved their win.

Edited by Snookmeister

Dummigan, Reckord, Burgess, Green, Winchester, Banks, Erwin, and Ladapo all absolutely :censored:ing awful. The lot of them can have their contracts ripped up tomorrow for me. Banks gets a special mention though as one of the worst powderpuff midfielders to ever pull on the shirt. He's dogs hit.

Hats off to McKay for a great finish, McLoughlin for his threat, and Croft for doing what he does off the bench. You just know though that the minute you start Crofty, it's normal service resuming.

Reckord, despite being generally :censored:e, cannot be castigated for losing out to Rheade. It was pretty much their only outlet, we should have seen it coming, yet didn't put a player on him that could have won a header. Dunne would have done no better as he too is utter :censored:e and would have been way out of position to have even challenged for a header.

What annoyed me most about tonight is being beaten in terms of desire and effort. Doesn't matter how good/bad you are, you should always have that as a player. We were second best all over for the vast majority of the game. Starting Banks/Winchester over Fane against that lot was a crazy decision. Fane may be inconsistent, but at least he has heart and desire.

It was an absolute embarrassment to watch tonight. Lincoln thoroughly deserved their win.

All of this.

Bang on, the absolute embarrassment that is going on is the tops fault. This has been coming for years.

As much as I like Robinson, he is going to have to go, as he is out of his depth, and yes the players are dreadful, but this is one mans fault. When you have FOUR players a month before the start of the season, this was inevitable, everyone called Blackpool for doing this, and guess what, they went down. It gets to a limit where you cannot keep simply blaming managers, you get what you pay for. Who is really under the naïve belief that if we get rid of Robinson were going to end up with experience, we'll end up with Rookies. Just as we did with Kelly, Dunn, Robinson. Lee Johnson being the exception.

This mess will carry on and on, until fans stop defending the absolute shower from above, no one holds anyone accountable, everyone just turns a blind eye.[Thats all well and good but do you see a queue of potential buyers for the club because I don't. I'd say be careful what you wish for. Corney might not have the financial clout to get us going upwards but at least we haven't fallen like Tranmere and Stockport ....... yet. As for experienced managers I'd loved to have seen the list of applicants in recent seasons. IMO we need an experienced manager who's been around the block a bit, can pick out decent players through contacts in the game, but most of all can galvanise a team and make them play with some passion. A Neil Warnock team for instance would never put in a performance like we did at Lincoln, particularly the first half performance.]

Well I know I've had a drink or two, why wouldn't you after/during watching that, but how can I with my feeble football brain recognise that you can't start Bambi in front of 'Recford" against a strong team. Robbo I thought you might grow into the real deal but after that team selection I am having second thoughts.

Thats all well and good but do you see a queue of potential buyers for the club because I don't. I'd say be careful what you wish for. Corney might not have the financial clout to get us going upwards but at least we haven't fallen like Tranmere and Stockport ....... yet. As for experienced managers I'd loved to have seen the list of applicants in recent seasons. IMO we need an experienced manager who's been around the block a bit, can pick out decent players through contacts in the game, but most of all can galvanise a team and make them play with some passion. A Neil Warnock team for instance would never put in a performance like we did at Lincoln, particularly the first half performance.

Edited by Gary1906

On route back now, absolutely horrendous, the 2 goals papered over the cracks of a really unhappy away following.

Get rid of Reckord absolute joke of a footballer, Burgess is piss poor in the air, ball at his feet n soft as s**t in a challenge, Green's legs gone completely, Banks a :censored:house, Winchester not got it cant keep giving him chances, Erwin a pampered Championship player with a shocking attitude and I will carry Ladapo on my back to Palace tomorrow he's a pathetic excuse of a centre forward....apart from that lost for words

On route back now, absolutely horrendous, the 2 goals papered over the cracks of a really unhappy away following.

Get rid of Reckord absolute joke of a footballer, Burgess is piss poor in the air, ball at his feet n soft as s**t in a challenge, Green's legs gone completely, Banks a :censored:house, Winchester not got it cant keep giving him chances, Erwin a pampered Championship player with a shocking attitude and I will carry Ladapo on my back to Palace tomorrow he's a pathetic excuse of a centre forward....apart from that lost for words

A braver man than most for making the trip, especially with it being on the box.

This mess will carry on and on, until fans stop defending the absolute shower from above, no one holds anyone accountable, everyone just turns a blind eye.[Thats all well and good but do you see a queue of potential buyers for the club because I don't. I'd say be careful what you wish for. Corney might not have the financial clout to get us going upwards but at least we haven't fallen like Tranmere and Stockport ....... yet. As for experienced managers I'd loved to have seen the list of applicants in recent seasons. IMO we need an experienced manager who's been around the block a bit, can pick out decent players through contacts in the game, but most of all can galvanise a team and make them play with some passion. A Neil Warnock team for instance would never put in a performance like we did at Lincoln, particularly the first half performance.]

Well according to Mike Keegan (MEN), he very blatantly hinted there has been potential buyers who would actually take us forward. And at the moment, Id believe him over anything coming from us.

Truly the worst Oldham team I have seen in the last 40+ years

As so many have said in this thread, Reckford, Burgess, Banks, Ladapo are not footballers. Winchester has had endless chances and can get lost. Erwin should never be allowed to play for us again after spending more time ensuring his precious little fingers were warm enough than he did actually trying to score a goal

The Players should be ashamed of themselves tonight but you know they don't really care. Frankly, I would drop almost all of them and play the youth team on Saturday.....although I will no longer be there to watch.