McKay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erwin is more capable of making his own chances and had probably played more minutes.

Tell you what id hate to be a striker in this team, you might get one half chance a game yet your deemed :censored:. Too much pressure knowing there will be no second chance maybe? I can't grasp how people cannot see the root cause of our issue is not strikers alone.

Erwin is more capable of making his own chances and had probably played more minutes.

Tell you what id hate to be a striker in this team, you might get one half chance a game yet your deemed :censored:. Too much pressure knowing there will be no second chance maybe? I can't grasp how people cannot see the root cause of our issue is not strikers alone.

We are a judgemental bunch aren't we. Calling a striker who hasn't scored a single goal in 17 games :censored:e...

No, but seriously, good strikers will create their own chances to some extent. Make runs past defenders, score one from the edge of the box, find space for midfielders to pass into, turn a defender when his back is to goal etc. McKay hasn't even done that.

We obviously don't create enough - Flynn has been a massive disappointment aside from a few good games - but even then they've got to take some sort of responsibility. Even when we have created opportunities these strikers have managed to spurn them on a consistent basis.

Play him alongside the right player anspd he will score goals.

How is he the most useless?

Because the other two have scored two goals each, McKay hasn't even scored ffs.

Personally, I dislike watching Ladapo far more. His first touch is inconceivably bad for a player on the books of a Premier League club, but to give him his dues, he's at least got the ball in the back of the net twice...

Edited by NewBlue

Because the other two have scored two goals each, McKay hasn't even scored ffs.

Personally, I dislike watching Ladapo far more. His first touch is inconceivably bad for a player on the books of a Premier League club, but to give him his dues, he's at least got the ball in the back of the net twice...

I've seen McKay score against Carlisle, Donny, Fleetwood & Lincoln all of which prove he can finish if ever given a modicum of service.

Ladapo is a lazy :censored: and his first touch is a disgrace

Erwin has proved time and time again he has talent but can't play as a striker as he'd rather have the ball 30 yards from goal.

Worst of the 3? Not having it...

Edited by palmer1

I've seen McKay score against Carlisle, Donny, Fleetwood & Lincoln all of which prove he can finish if ever given a modicum of service.

And the place where it matters, the league, he couldn't finish his :censored:ing dinner.

I've seen McKay miss against plenty of teams in the bread and butter competition - the worst miss of the season against Scunthorpe included, when we had the opportunity to go one-up against the league leaders. Maybe that proves he can't score under pressure, when it counts...

Edited by NewBlue

And the place where it matters, the league, he couldn't finish his :censored:ing dinner.

I've seen Mckay miss against plenty of teams in the bread and butter competition. Maybe that proves he can't score under pressure, when it counts...

He couldn't finish his :censored:ing dinner :laught30: pass it to Cofty he will :first:

I've seen McKay miss against plenty of teams in the bread and butter competition - the worst miss of the season against Scunthorpe included, when we had the opportunity to go one-up against the league leaders. Maybe that proves he can't score under pressure, when it counts...

I've seen Erwin miss worse this season both at Charlton, Gillingha m & a home tie recently. Ladapo rarley does anything. They have all been :censored: but I believe McKay is the better option of the 3 who can score goals along side the right partner. He certainly isn't the worst of the 3!!

Mckay easy best of three.. Hes not perfect but when you show you can finish it doesnt matter if its league or cup.

Sick of same old arguments... All you have to do is spend 5 or 10 watching them off and on the ball and you can tell who the better striker is.. The runs mckay makes are good....ladapo has no idea...

I agree strikers should make their own chances but some of the best didnt go past a man and score... They just finsihed the chances that were created. We dont create any!

Edited by Fruitygoo

Why does it seem like the most useless of the Three Useless Strikers is getting kept on and is currently getting the most game time?

He's proven he can at least finish against Doncaster & Lincoln.

Ladapo did just the once at Gillingham.

Erwin, err....

I'd call him the least useless of the Three Useless Strikers, just.

I'd stick with him and Osei until we can bring better in.

Striker - the one there to score goals

useless

ˈjuːsləs/

adjective

not fulfilling or not expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome.

Goals tally:

Erwin - 2

Ladapo - 2

McKay - 0

If we go off who the best player at shooting is, I'd say that it's Erwin by a quite a distance, tbh.