McKay

Ladapo - Lazy, when he uses his strength he's unplayable, Gillingham, ten minute spell at Lincoln but he's simply lazy.

I never get this with him. He's clearly a strong lad at his height and his build, yet he selectively uses it. How the :censored: can you selectively use strength? That is pure :censored:ing lethargy.

Although even when he creates separation through his strength his first touch lets him down, and that stalls most things he does anyway.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never get this with him. He's clearly a strong lad at his height and his build, yet he selectively uses it. How the :censored: can you selectively use strength? That is pure :censored:ing lethargy.

Although even when he creates separation through his strength his first touch lets him down, and that stalls most things he does anyway.

You'd expect him to seriously :censored: :censored: up at this level if he seriously wants to make a go of it at Palace. Having said that none of the strikers have had a proper run of week in week out games. There's been far too much tinkering for our rookie manager who chops and changes as he hasn't a clue after 30 league and cup games what his best team is.

You'd expect him to seriously :censored: :censored: up at this level if he seriously wants to make a go of it at Palace. Having said that none of the strikers have had a proper run of week in week out games. There's been far too much tinkering for our rookie manager who chops and changes as he hasn't a clue after 30 league and cup games what his best team is.

Wouldn't you argue though that the reason for the tinkering has been that none of them have earned the right to be a regular starter i.e. they have all been equally as :censored:?

There is it that but even after good performances he's tinkered thus no momentum. Why bring Green back into the team after his dire performances at Lincoln and mistake at Oxford? Despite us playing well at Walsall and scoring three goals? People have slated Banks and Winchester yet with those two in the team we score goals. With Green we don't...

My team for tomorrow

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Fane

Flynn

Banks

Fane

Winchester

Osei

4-5-1

Winchester in the free role where he does so much damage and i'd stick with that team. BUT it needs Flynn and Banks to push up in support so Osie is not isolated. AND Burgess and Ripley apart they are all OUR players!

Edited by oafcprozac

There is it that but even after good performances he's tinkered thus no momentum. Why bring Green back into the team after his dire performances at Lincoln and mistake at Oxford? Despite us playing well at Walsall and scoring three goals? People have slated Banks and Winchester yet with those two in the team we score goals. With Green we don't...

My team for tomorrow

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Fane

Flynn

Banks

Fane

Winchester

Osei

4-5-1

Winchester in the free role where he does so much damage and i'd stick with that team. BUT it needs Flynn and Banks to push up in support so Osie is not isolated. AND Burgess and Ripley apart they are all OUR players!

I really like the balance of that side. It looks raw but it's actually cultured - players who can pass and retain the ball, and then if one of the three creative ones has a decent game it may have a few goals in it. Winchester and Banks may not have done much yet, but they can find space and make a pass, and it's more than can be said for Green and McLaughlin.

We need to aim to keep the ball and build something - Southend was one of the worst displays of a team with no advanced player who could hold the ball that I've ever seen. You could probably count on one hand the number of passes we made in their half during the first half.

Edit: Ha. It's got Fane twice. Just think not seeing certain names on the teamsheet is refreshing enough... In terms of the other striker, I couldn't care less which one was chosen.

Edited by NewBlue

My team for tomorrow

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Fane

Flynn

Banks

Fane

Winchester

Osei

4-5-1

Swap the 2nd Fane for Croft?!

Tons better today but still no goals.

A glimmer of hope remains with me that he will come good.I was concerned that Robinson had used up all his subs too early . I still think he should go but fair enough it was better today but still not good enough.

Many forwards have looked clueless and worthless at BP only to go on and be successful elsewhere - therefore I am always careful about slagging them off.

A combination of confidence, coaching and supply - often have a huge impact on players. Often lacking in the last 2 decades down Sheepfoot lane.

I'd snap your hand off for that...... the one thing that keeps me going currently is that we have conceded less goals that team in the play offs..... if we could find a formula for scoring - I hold out hope a big lad next to McKay might be that formula - I'm hopeful we could scrape a few single goal victories along the way.

Guest nonaenever

I'd snap your hand off for that...... the one thing that keeps me going currently is that we have conceded less goals that team in the play offs..... if we could find a formula for scoring - I hold out hope a big lad next to McKay might be that formula - I'm hopeful we could scrape a few single goal victories along the way.

Just read all that link - the second section (and graph) is depressing reading though - almost relegation certainties based on remaining games if I`m reading it properly?

Just read all that link - the second section (and graph) is depressing reading though - almost relegation certainties based on remaining games if I`m reading it properly?

Yep, you don't need to be a mathematician to work out the probabilities are against us..... I'm just clinging to hope that our defensive performances - with the addition of some goals - might see a few 1-0 and 2-1 wins along the way...... much the same as we did this time last year...... albeit we added defensive solidity with Gerrard, this time we already have it with Clarke.

I'd be tempted not to sign Gerrard this time around and gamble any budget we might have on forward players.

Edited by lookersstandandy

• 3 weeks later...