McKay

Striker - the one there to score goals

useless

ˈjuːsləs/

adjective

not fulfilling or not expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome.

Goals tally:

Erwin - 2

Ladapo - 2

McKay - 0

If we go off who the best player at shooting is, I'd say that it's Erwin by a quite a distance, tbh.

McKay - 4

Erwin - 4

Ladapo - 2

Do you see what I did there, I took facts & figures and made them suit my argument.

With the right service McKay will score goals, Ladapo possibly could as well. Erwin will be stood 30 yards outside the box but imo is talented.

McKay is the better of the 3 and will likley prove that elsewhere as I expect it to turn out that Robinson can't get this current lot to provide service to anyone.

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker - the one there to score goals

useless

ˈjuːsləs/

adjective

not fulfilling or not expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome.

Goals tally:

Erwin - 2

Ladapo - 2

McKay - 0

If we go off who the best player at shooting is, I'd say that it's Erwin by a quite a distance, tbh.

There's a difference between being the best at shooting, and shooting on target, and shooting on target and scoring

McKay - 4

Erwin - 4

Ladapo - 2

Do you see what I did there, I took facts & figures and made them suit my argument.

With the right service McKay will score goals, Ladapo possibly could as well. Erwin will be stood 30 yards outside the box but imo is talented.

McKay is the better of the 3 and will likely prove that elsewhere as I expect it to turn out that Robinson can't get this current lot to provide service to anyone.

Pretty much my thinking. I think ladapo could make a decent striker at this level one day, Erwin definitely. But only if they put a shift in week in week out. They both showed against scunthorpe that they are talented and handfuls. They need to produce that level of effort consistently and Robbo needs to get a tune out of them.

Mckay is an intelligent footballer. And he always works hard. Unfortunately he is lacking in confidence and service. His record in scotland is decent includinga good return in the SPL in a relgated side last year. Give him service and he will notch.

Edited by welshgaz

McKay - 4

Erwin - 4

Ladapo - 2

McKay is the better of the 3 and will likley prove that elsewhere as I expect it to turn out that Robinson can't get this current lot to provide service to anyone.

You can do what you please, but we all know the place where the goals matter is the league, and therefore thats where they'll be judged. We've had plenty of cup merchants over the past few years. Four goals in 6/7(?) cup games makes it look like McKay can't handle the pressure of the league.

I've said about a few players, including McKay, that surely they can't be as poor as they've shown - Green is the same. It's their fault they're playing this badly. Peter Clarke has managed to keep his pride in this side of losers.

'McKay would score if we gave him chances etc.' No. He's been toss. Nobody has answered yet why Mckay has had fewer chances than Erwin, despite the fact he'd 'score with the right service' and is the 'best' one with the 'best movement'.

You give anyone in this league service and they're probably going to score a decent number of them. What do you think makes some strikers better than others? They actively participate in the making of their own chances, so they get more, and they score more!

Edited by NewBlue

You can do what you please, but we all know the place where the goals matter is the league, and therefore thats where they'll be judged. We've had plenty of cup merchants over the past few years. Four goals in 6/7(?) cup games makes it look like McKay can't handle the pressure of the league.

Looks more like we have played against second string teams in cups

You don't see him running into corners aimlessly until he turns over possession then? He isn't aware of any other player around him and over complicates everything he does, can't off the top of my head think of a time he's passed a ball to a team mate resulting in a goal.

You don't see him running into corners aimlessly until he turns over possession then? He isn't aware of any other player around him and over complicates everything he does, can't off the top of my head think of a time he's passed a ball to a team mate resulting in a goal.

Lincoln.

He has more chances BECAUSE he's a greedy bastard?

Sorry, but that is total and utter :censored:e. It doesn't even make sense...

I've said about a few players, including McKay, that surely they can't be as poor as they've shown - Green is the same. It's their fault they're playing this badly. Peter Clarke has managed to keep his pride in this side of losers.

'McKay would score if we gave him chances etc.' No. He's been toss. Nobody has answered yet why Mckay has had fewer chances than Erwin, despite the fact he'd 'score with the right service' and is the 'best' one with the 'best movement'.

You give anyone in this league service and they're probably going to score a decent number of them. What do you think makes some strikers better than others? They actively participate in the making of their own chances, so they get more, and they score more!

Shearer scored plenty, didnt make too many himself. Fed off service.... Beckett never beat a man in his life but scored plenty for everyone.

Mckay gets himself in better positions than erwin end of.. Perhaps he's done better in the cup because we've had more of a go meaning we create chances.

I had high hopes for erwin but he's dreadful.

My predictions for 3 years time..

Ladapo...conference

Mckay... Top half league one

Erwin.... Leafue two

Erwin & Ladapo are both 6'2" and have rarely got their heads on the ball during any matches I've seen. Ladapo is :censored:e and god knows what Robbo saw in him, Erwin has ability but hasn't a clue how to use it.

This

Even their "attempts" to challenge for a header are laughable, Lapado either jumps 3 seconds early or 3 seconds late, and Erwins are just token efforts.

Like many feel Mckay is the most natural striker, he makes better runs for me and tries to work on centre centre halfs and channels between full backs. Erwin has got talent but looks much better when its off the cuff incidents not when he's got time to think about what he's doing. Lapado well, I was hoping he was going to be with Reckord in the wont play again for me camp but guess he isnt....now hope he's in the wont play for me in 2017 camp, the lad is utter toss

He's proven he can at least finish against Doncaster & Lincoln.

Ladapo did just the once at Gillingham.

Erwin, err....

I'd call him the least useless of the Three Useless Strikers, just.

I'd stick with him and Osei until we can bring better in.

Don't rate any of them, Erwin's finishes against Scunny and Walsall showed what he can do.

Erwin's the most talented, Mckay the most disciplined to lead the line and Ladapo is the most physical. I think they could all do well in the level or 2 below but not at this one.

I don't think that Ladapo is :censored:e.

Have you seen his first touch? He's challenging Fane for the worst one at the club...

A decent first-touch is a pre-requisite for a decent striker - that's how many strikers create their chances. Watch the first twenty seconds of that and you'll see the difference between decent strikers and our lot:

As most have said all three can go for me.

Ladapo - Lazy, when he uses his strength he's unplayable, Gillingham, ten minute spell at Lincoln but he's simply lazy.

Erwin- forever on the wing, thinks he's :censored:ing Messi as my mate says. Have to agree. Got a decent finish in him BUT always turns or takes the extra touch thus the amount of shots he's had blocked.

McKay - I said in pre0season, I was concerned about his signing. From the vids I saw he's one of those that always needs an extra touch ala Banger, thus the chance goes. I agree when up front on his own he's a threat. BUT I'd let him go simply because he wimped out putting us one up against Wimbledon as he completely :censored: out of a cross on a plate as he was more worried about colliding with the post. That isn't what we need in a relegation battle.

Of them all Osei would now get a run he proved ib five minutes against Carlisle what he's about. Play him he'll finish, put a ball across to him he'll finish. The problem is the probing balls are just not there from our midfield and the only guy who'll cross is Croft. Who had a hand in both those afore mentioned goals? Croft....he's not the answer but wingers might be.

As I've said before how many 1:1s have we had this season?

How many clean breaks have we had where we've outnumbered the opposition?

Not many.

How many saves have we forced the opposition keeper into? The last game where their keeper was busy (not overworked) for me was Wimbledon at home. That's our problem. :censored: tempo from a :censored: coach....