Robbo on the brink? Has a previous manager ever turned it round from such a position?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest after watching us to lose to Swindon and MK Dons at home at the end of September/beginning of October I am actually amazed we have managed to win two more league games since then!

it's a wonder we have won any games,with nobody who knows how to score a goal. We have been defence minded all season.

Maybe, I just think we're :censored:. If we'd played more attacking we might score the odd goal but would lose by more. I think Robinson obviously thinks the same.

Robinson thinks McKay is the bees knees, would Glackin have got more than no league goals given the same number of games I wonder?

This whole Billy Sharp obsession he's developed is grating.

Most sides in this division have got over the fact they can't afford the division's best striker and have got on with it, while our strikers have got worse. It's grating.

There is an excuse for having no striker scoring 25 goals a season, but there isn't one for 12 goals in 23 games.

Why can't we go all out attack? We've got nothing to lose. We're bottom. We lose most games. The only way these players will get confidence is through scoring and we're making it hard for ourselves. Take off the :censored:ing shackles. We've got to start winning games to stay up and we won't playing this way.

Robinson thinks McKay is the bees knees, would Glackin have got more than no league goals given the same number of games I wonder?

Nope... We dont create anything. Its that simple thing that gets overlooked. When did we last get midfielders in the box? Strikers end up playing the entire back 4 as they have no worries about anybody else pushing forward.

Makes it difficult to get free...

Most sides in this division have got over the fact they can't afford the division's best striker and have got on with it, while our strikers have got worse. It's grating.

There is an excuse for having no striker scoring 25 goals a season, but there isn't one for 12 goals in 23 games.

Why can't we go all out attack? We've got nothing to lose. We're bottom. We lose most games. The only way these players will get confidence is through scoring and we're making it hard for ourselves. Take off the :censored:ing shackles. We've got to start winning games to stay up and we won't playing this way.

I understand, but can only think the manager doesn't think we are good enough.

I agree we have to start in the faces of the opposition and go for it

In this team Glackin wouldn't have a goal and why is it all Robinson's fault, okay he picks the team but it's the :censored: Corney whose the real problem, he's the man killing the club and the one everyone's attention should be turned too, it's his mess nobody else's, he sets us up to fail and just because there's a fall guy out there it shouldn't detract from the shocking way one man is ruining our club.

In this team Glackin wouldn't have a goal and why is it all Robinson's fault, okay he picks the team but it's the :censored: Corney whose the real problem, he's the man killing the club and the one everyone's attention should be turned too, it's his mess nobody else's, he sets us up to fail and just because there's a fall guy out there it shouldn't detract from the shocking way one man is ruining our club.

Also Sheriden that guys a right dickwad saved us and then shat on us feel sorry for robbo

Most of his players haven't got the legs to add support around the opposition penalty area, the sad fact is he's brought in midfielders who aren't mobile and strikers who couldn't hit a barn door, add to this slack defending at times and the result is where we are.

How is it Blitz and Gazal take no stick in all this for leaving the club high and dry?

Blame Blitz and Gazal if you like but Corney has us in a right :censored:ing mess and it's difficult to see any manager turning it around, Robbo won't resign though and Corney can't afford to fire him so it's grimmer than grim. Happy New Year.

Possibly one of the worst comments iv ever read, the money men withdraw their money and leave a fall guy involved to get their money back, he's dropped some major bollocks but to pardon the other 2 is phenomenal

Im not in the Corney camp at all so agree with wanting him out and the other 2 out and feel sonething needs to be done to vent the fans anger now as its plodded on for too long, but he's a puppet master for 2 more vastly wealthy men although Corney has money in, it's not on the level of the other 2 he still has a major interest in getting his and their money back (like we all would be if we invested in something) which is why he's bleeding us dry but more pressure needs to be put on the other 2 who hold the sway....even if the asking price wasnt so :censored:ing ridiculous we wouldnt have any serious interest in buying us, why would we seriously?? I really dont know where we go from here and that is the most depressing problem

The biggest mistake he has made is building the New North Stand. The unfinished "White Elephant" which is breaking the back of our club.

Must have thought a new stand would help to sell the club but I think it has had the opposite effect by piling more debt onto a business that can only make money by gaining promotion to the Premiership. It also makes it less likely that they can cut and run by winding up the football club and throwing us out to use the land for housing.

We are 'for worse' bound together with TTA. The ambition to just remain in league 1 had to fail eventually and that is what we are seeing now.

This New Year is not looking so good - even my dog agrees by welcoming me this morning with the utility floor covered in :censored:!

Jorvik got a point, in fact how many signings and who were they, prior to robinsons arrival?

I can't remember....

He didn't sign Lee Croft, which I suspect is why he refuses to play him from the start.

Guest nonaenever

Would Robinson be forgiven if we were relegated, but won the Checkatrade trophy at Wembley?

Jeez no - and if we did get to Wembley it would be a huge embarrassment - don't think we'd even manage 8,000 fans for a final - that's how much apathy has set in.