On a brighter note...

I'm staggered every time I look at the table and see that we're not dead and buried, well adrift. Clearly some very poor teams at the bottom.

Two games in hand and three points from safety wouldn't seem too unassailable if a team could score goals...

I'm staggered every time I look at the table and see that we're not dead and buried, well adrift. Clearly some very poor teams at the bottom.

Two games in hand and three points from safety wouldn't seem too unassailable if a team could score goals...

Same for me, how we are still within touching distance is amazing, we are :censored:e.

Northampton and Port Vale will come into it, plenty of twist and turns to come yet.

They are 12 and 11 ahead of us respectively. We have got 19'points from 24......we have got 3 points from last 10 games, we have scored 3 goals in those games

Has something happened that I have missed?

By no means a lost cause.

But at the same time it's difficult to see where 2 or 3 wins are going to come from....we are probably a little fortunate that there are others almost as bad as us so far.

Performance against Vale repeated a few times and I think we could start to pick up some results.

This may shock a few but I'm confident of safety this season if we get the three or four in who we are desperate for, I like Robinson and hope he can turn things around and for me the task isnt as great as it was when Shez had lost his first game last season.

By no means a lost cause.

But at the same time it's difficult to see where 2 or 3 wins are going to come from....we are probably a little fortunate that there are others almost as bad as us so far.

Performance against Vale repeated a few times and I think we could start to pick up some results.

It was 0-0.

This may shock a few but I'm confident of safety this season if we get the three or four in who we are desperate for, I like Robinson and hope he can turn things around and for me the task isnt as great as it was when Shez had lost his first game last season.

We are more confident about staying up this week than for ages. I have been trying to work out why.....the penny has just dropped. We have not played today and the memory of Southend Wimbledon port vale ant the other 13 nils is a week further away in the memory

They are 12 and 11 ahead of us respectively. We have got 19'points from 24......we have got 3 points from last 10 games, we have scored 3 goals in those games

Has something happened that I have missed?

Barnsley went from relegation zone to promotion and Doncaster went from top half to relegation in about half a season last year. Both had massive changes in fortunes. It happens. Whether it happens to us is another story.

Well I'm not, lose at Mansfield and then what......this hire'n'fire philosophy of recent season's will end in relegation, whether it's this season or next I don't know but eventually it will happen.

Every season we change the squad, buy cheap & cheerful, import a succession of disinterested loanees to make up the numbers and then panic buy in January to stave off our annual threat of relegation.

Just 1000 extra fans at every home game would generate an extra £500k a year. Spend the money at the beginning of a season for a change and it just might turn things around. Corney is quite happy to just survive in this division but in doing so he's killing this club and it's fanbase.

How he's made money in business, God only knows!!!

Barnsley went from relegation zone to promotion and Doncaster went from top half to relegation in about half a season last year. Both had massive changes in fortunes. It happens. Whether it happens to us is another story.

Of course it can change but my point is ...what have people suddenly seen that tells their head that we are about to go a run? . My heart wants us to get 31 points from next 22 games but my head tells me something else

My prediction for what it's worth - we will survive, get all excited and optimistic about next season on the back of one or two signings which look good on paper and we will have the same conversation this time next year just as we have done every January for 10 years. And repeat.