Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I'm sure if we released a statement saying some Chinese businessmen were coming with a view to investing in the club then there wouldn't have been any wild speculation.

Do you really think something like that could be hidden from fans and the media?

Edited by BP1960

Shame that press release last night by the club as tainted part of the good feeling from Tuesday night. Owners and press at loggerheads doesn't go well for clubs at our level.

Keegan obviously had enough evidence to write that piece - same with Chambers.

Scholes coaching our kids is a tad convenient when these two from China are over here. If Scholes regularly does this under the radar then I'm certain a youth player would have tweeted sooner or a poster on here would have found out. Granted he's doing his badges but he was doing similar at Wigan, could have done at United etc so why Oldham and why on the day the two from China were over.

I get the feeling the two from China didn't want this leaked too much and just yet but it was released. As observed, attempts to hide tracks thus far wasn't great - statement to fans at the meeting, their names all over match day welcome boards, youth players allowed to tweet about Scholes etc etc.

I was just getting a bit of good feeling back too...especially as today is 4 years since that Liverpool cup win.

I have to disagree.

"The chairman is entertaining two potential investors and is desperate to get their cash" doesn't really achieve anything.

To appear in the crowd allegedly wearing club scarves and being wined and dined in front of free ground entry fans doesn't fuel speculation then?

To appear in the crowd allegedly wearing club scarves and being wined and dined in front of free ground entry fans doesn't fuel speculation then?

Of course it does.

But an explicit statement regarding the purpose of the visit could well be presumptions and damaging.

It was just a couple of chancers on the blag for a free feed and some club shop tat

Aye, bloody paupers too, we should have checked more thoroughly if they had the funds beforehand.

Where was the Due Dilligence.

Edited by singe

Of course it does.

But an explicit statement regarding the purpose of the visit could well be presumptions and damaging.

Why? it could have been an open statement to the media to the effect that the club are having ongoing talks with potential investers who are guests at the club for the match.

Simple as that.

Fans would of course still speculate,but at least it would be out in the open from official sources and left to interpretation that it's just negotiations is this stage.

The way it's been done smacks to me of don't tell them anything Pike.

Edited by BP1960

Remember the Icelandic dude that came over to save the club when Moores did one.........Just saying

He did one without paying the Hotel bill in Manchester leaving Mr Jarvis out of pocket :-)

The stores have done well since though.

Why? it could have been an open statement to the media to the effect that the club are having ongoing talks with potential investers who are guests at the club for the match.

Simple as that.

Fans would of course still speculate,but at least it would be out in the open from official sources and left to interpretation that it's just negotiations is this stage.

The way it's been done smacks to me of don't tell them anything Pike.

Have a think about what you write before clicking 'post'. Do you see other clubs doing similar? Ridiculous suggestion.

Have a think about what you write before clicking 'post'. Do you see other clubs doing similar? Ridiculous suggestion.

I forgot only your opinion counts, I do apologise for posting an alternative view.

Edited by BP1960

You're slating the club for not doing something that no other club does. There are plenty of faults to criticise them about, this isn't one of them.

How do you know, do you read every clubs website?

Poor communication from this club was supposed to be one of the questions raised at the fans meeting. I will be looking at the minutes to see if it was.

How do you know, do you read every clubs website?

Poor communication from this club was supposed to be one of the questions raised at the fans meeting. I will be looking at the minutes to see if it was.

Find us an example of a club releasing a statement about them being in early discussions of investment or whatever.

Find us an example of a club releasing a statement about them being in early discussions of investment or whatever.

Happens quite a lot doesn't it?

Maybe these lads are looking at a few and are a bit miffed that news of their visit has mushroomed into something it wasn't.

It took me 2 minutes to find this on Google, must be lots more to dig out.

You will apologise of course.

http://mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/club-statement-from-the-tuesday-night-forum-3221562.aspx

Edited by BP1960

http://mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/club-statement-from-the-tuesday-night-forum-3221562.aspx

Proved yourself wrong with that.... This was after months of talks.

“Things have dragged on and it is not what any of us wanted to happen. I decided some weeks ago that this couldn’t just go on and on and we need to sort it, once and for all.

John and I have been asking the Investor to progress his interest constantly, without getting anything definite back, and it’s been really frustrating for us all. I know it has been the same for the supporters.

“It is fair to say that after what has happened over the last year, and even in the last month, we have to be realistic about whether anything will come of his interest, but we have done all we can to give us the best chance of doing a deal – and doing what’s best for the Club – which is all I want to do.”

Not really the same is it. That's obviously something as it says that's been dragging on for ages and ages.

It's not saying "some guys are coming for a game and lunch and they might want to put money in"

Proved yourself wrong with that.... This was after months of talks.

Things have dragged on and it is not what any of us wanted to happen. I decided some weeks ago that this couldnt just go on and on and we need to sort it, once and for all.

John and I have been asking the Investor to progress his interest constantly, without getting anything definite back, and its been really frustrating for us all. I know it has been the same for the supporters.

It is fair to say that after what has happened over the last year, and even in the last month, we have to be realistic about whether anything will come of his interest, but we have done all we can to give us the best chance of doing a deal and doing whats best for the Club which is all I want to do.

A year