Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

I agree with this. The content is more important than the format.

At the same time it's very convenient that there'll be no incontrovertible record of the words actually said.

Recent meetings at the club do seem to have tendency to pan out this way, don't they? "Oh, sorry, you missed the bit about finances, cock-up on the agenda." "Oh, sorry, looks like we can't record or stream today."

Maybe it was voice recorded and NNN will confirm?

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling to think of any Chinese takeovers that have worked out well in English football.

West Brom are owned by Chinese. I don't know how long they've been there, though.

Surely it all depends on the individual's understanding of the game and their underlying intentions, not their nationality...

Have no reason to doubt the brief comments about the session from NNN:

Good, open, worthwhile - and no underhanded reason for not recording.

Look forward to the write up - and would be very keen on getting involved in any future sessions if possible

Guest nonaenever

Big thank you :OASISscarf: to laticsmarra ​for taking the notes at the meeting and getting an initial draft typed up. All the fans attending (bar one who has yet to supply his email address) have had their input regarding any amendments/additions. From those, laticsmarra and I have agreed the final draft, which has now been sent to the 3 club attendees for their perusal. Don't foresee many changes but we promised we would let them see our write-up before posting it on here, just in case anything written might breach contractual confidentiality etc.

Working in Leeds tomorrow, so hope to have the meeting notes posted about 7pm - cheers.

Don't forget to add the bit where you :censored:ed up the Chinese millions.

The club should have been fortcoming with full information before the fans meeting in a proper press release IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Because otherwise it fuels all sorts of wild speculation.

Yes. I'm sure if we released a statement saying some Chinese businessmen were coming with a view to investing in the club then there wouldn't have been any wild speculation.