Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Ok - how do I do this without creating howls of derision?!

6 of us met with Simon Corney, Mark Moisley and Anthony Gee - and had a long and productive meeting - unfortunately, for various reasons, it wasn't televised or recorded. However​, copious notes were taken by one of the fans (a Chartered Accountant) and he will write these up by Friday for subsequent posting on here (work precludes him doing so before then). In addition, as some of the questions/answers went into some detail, the Chairman and others (perhaps even with Danny Gazal involved - he and Mr Blitz own Brass Bank) are quite happy to meet again in a couple of weeks. The 6 of us agreed that such a meeting on a day when there is no match would be preferable, certainly with regard to recording the session.

All 6 attendees were appreciative of the openness of the 3 club representatives and even some of the more cynical amongst us were encouraged by what we heard and the answers given to questions. I`m sorry I can't give you more than this for now - I have to set off to Northampton v soon as I have a business meeting at 8am and am staying overnight.

The 6 of us attending all agreed that, in the interest of consistency of message, it would not be productive to post any further detail until the notes have been written up as mentioned earlier.

Oh - and finally, nobody's fault in particular re. the lack of recording/televising - it was just "one of those things" on an exceedingly busy night at the club. Any theories regarding the "softening up" of the attendees can be discounted - tea and coffee was the extent of the corporate hospitality.

Ok - how do I do this without creating howls of derision?!

6 of us met with Simon Corney, Mark Moisley and Anthony Gee - and had a long and productive meeting - unfortunately, for various reasons, it wasn't televised or recorded. However​, copious notes were taken by one of the fans (a Chartered Accountant) and he will write these up by Friday for subsequent posting on here (work precludes him doing so before then). In addition, as some of the questions/answers went into some detail, the Chairman and others (perhaps even with Danny Gazal involved - he and Mr Blitz own Brass Bank) are quite happy to meet again in a couple of weeks.

A live streamed meeting with Corney and Blitz would certainly be something most fans would want to see. You should definitely push for that.

A good meeting spent 1:30hr.

a lot revealed and good to see and hear things from Corney.

Anthony Gee was good company and Moisely was there before heading out occasionally.

Corney didn't hide from anything hopefully the note report from our man is hopefully up soon.

Corney also wants to meet us lot again as there is still a lot more to cover!

I though the point was to get answers. It's been recorded with pen and paper.

I agree with this. The content is more important than the format.

At the same time it's very convenient that there'll be no incontrovertible record of the words actually said.

Recent meetings at the club do seem to have tendency to pan out this way, don't they? "Oh, sorry, you missed the bit about finances, cock-up on the agenda." "Oh, sorry, looks like we can't record or stream today."

I agree with this. The content is more important than the format.

At the same time it's very convenient that there'll be no incontrovertible record of the words actually said.

Recent meetings at the club do seem to have tendency to pan out this way, don't they? "Oh, sorry, you missed the bit about finances, cock-up on the agenda." "Oh, sorry, looks like we can't record or stream today."

Agreed. And a meeting with Simon Corney also - somehow - became a meeting with Simon Corney & friends. What happened to the - bring it on; come and challenge me and we'll even film it and show it to the world taunt? Edited by pinevillawill

Did nobody have a phone with them? It would have been good to see how the questions were put and answered. Would also have been good to put names to faces of the people asking questions on our behalf, the attendees who go regularly (especially away) would be familiar to most of us by sight at least

Did nobody have a phone with them? It would have been good to see how the questions were put and answered. Would also have been good to put names to faces of the people asking questions on our behalf, the attendees who go regularly (especially away) would be familiar to most of us by sight at least

Or at the very least to record the audio so nothing got lost in the note taking? iPhones have them as standard.

A good meeting spent 1:30hr.

a lot revealed and good to see and hear things from Corney.

Anthony Gee was good company and Moisely was there before heading out occasionally.

Corney didn't hide from anything hopefully the note report from our man is hopefully up soon.

Corney also wants to meet us lot again as there is still a lot more to cover!

So no Chinese takeover is imminent then?

It does seem a little odd that no one thought of recording it on a smartphone of some description, as like others have pointed out with the best will in the world things do get lost and can be taken out of context when being recorded by hand and then replayed back....might end up causing more harm than good as people will all have their own interpretation on Simon and Co's replies...

Whilst it was still good of Corney to meet the fans, I can't help but feel he has wriggled out of the filming, or like others have said even an audio of the conversation.

How long has this meeting been penciled, three/four weeks? Why not take one of NNN offers to rearrange if he's to busy.

In the time it's taken to arrange it all, is putting a camera up to much to sort? Or at very least letting one of the fans record it on their phone?