Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask too many awkward questions, would probably have been dismissed and talked over at the fans meeting which is why I wouldn't go.

Not an awkward question just pointless. Show us a statement from a club that backs up what you're saying regarding how the club should have operated in regards to releasing a statement

Proved yourself wrong with that.... This was after months of talks.

Things have dragged on and it is not what any of us wanted to happen. I decided some weeks ago that this couldnt just go on and on and we need to sort it, once and for all.

John and I have been asking the Investor to progress his interest constantly, without getting anything definite back, and its been really frustrating for us all. I know it has been the same for the supporters.

It is fair to say that after what has happened over the last year, and even in the last month, we have to be realistic about whether anything will come of his interest, but we have done all we can to give us the best chance of doing a deal and doing whats best for the Club which is all I want to do.

You asked for a club statement on takeovers, that's what you got.

When I've time I'll dig more out.

You asked for a club statement on takeovers, that's what you got.

When I've time I'll dig more out.

No he didn't. Mcfluff asked for a statement made at early discussions of investment.

I am unsure as to why you believe that the investors who were (potentially) put off my press coverage of their involvement would not have been put off by a statement confirming they were coming with a view to investment, which would have naturally led to press coverage of their involvement.

No he didn't. Mcfluff asked for a statement made at early discussions of investment.

I am unsure as to why you believe that the investors who were (potentially) put off my press coverage of their involvement would not have been put off by a statement confirming they were coming with a view to investment, which would have naturally led to press coverage of their involvement.

You say 'my' press coverage, which newspaper do you work for?

I am still trying to get my head around your answer.

Nothing wrong with a club statement that they were talking to potential investors and they were guests at the match is there?

It would kept the feel good factor of free admission to the match going IMO.

Proved yourself wrong with that.... This was after months of talks.

Things have dragged on and it is not what any of us wanted to happen. I decided some weeks ago that this couldnt just go on and on and we need to sort it, once and for all.

John and I have been asking the Investor to progress his interest constantly, without getting anything definite back, and its been really frustrating for us all. I know it has been the same for the supporters.

It is fair to say that after what has happened over the last year, and even in the last month, we have to be realistic about whether anything will come of his interest, but we have done all we can to give us the best chance of doing a deal and doing whats best for the Club which is all I want to do.

A quick Google search reveals Swansea, Southampton, Carlisle and Waterford have all been in the early stages of talks with investors

All confirmed by statements from the clubs concerned.

A quick Google search reveals Swansea, Southampton, Carlisle and Waterford have all been in the early stages of talks with investors

All confirmed by statements from the clubs concerned.

Southampton looks like takeover talks after weeks of discussion (November 16 unless you have other dates?), not initial investment.

Swansea - show me what you found. The Swansea Trust who have a 21.1% stake weren't even aware until advanced stages of the takeover. http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-this-is-exactly-what-swansea-city-supporters-trust-s-chair-said-last-night-it-pulls-no-punches/story-29828655-detail/story.html

Carlisle - again, show me an earlier article than the one you linked earlier.

Ahhh, Waterford - that massive league club.

I ask too many awkward questions, would probably have been dismissed and talked over at the fans meeting which is why I wouldn't go.

And it's not awkward questions at all, it's ridiculous statements and your constant refusal to even slightly acknowledge when you may be wrong.

Southampton looks like takeover talks after weeks of discussion (November 16 unless you have other dates?), not initial investment.

Swansea - show me what you found. The Swansea Trust who have a 21.1% stake weren't even aware until advanced stages of the takeover. http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-this-is-exactly-what-swansea-city-supporters-trust-s-chair-said-last-night-it-pulls-no-punches/story-29828655-detail/story.html

Carlisle - again, show me an earlier article than the one you linked earlier.

Ahhh, Waterford - that massive league club.

Going round in circles, you just won't admit the club communication is still poor. Last night's club statement looked like a strop and should have been better written IMO.

You will be glad to hear (and others no doubt) I'm going to close this conversation as I will get nowhere with yourself and Mcfluff.

Edited by BP1960

Going round in circles, you just won't admit the club communication is still poor. Last night's club statement looked like a strop and should have been better written IMO.

You will be glad to hear (and others no doubt) I'm going to close this conversation as I will get nowhere with yourself and Mcfluff.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I will admit that club comms is still poor (see, that's how it's done), as I said earlier. I just disagree with what you are taking umbrage over!

I also disagree with the level of comms that football fans expect these days but there should be a minimum.

The demand for constant and ongoing communication on every conceivable topic by some people on this Board is frankly absurd. The club is a business and one rooted in its community for whom communication should be utilised for effective marketing and occasional good news stories to push the feel good factor. Any serious issues should be communicated when the business in question has had time to analyse and respond to the relevant issue.

I'm a customer of numerous other local businesses also rooted in their community (pubs mainly). I expect them to tell me when something good is happening or they have a promotion taking place. I do not expect to be kept appraised of the full range of financial transactions taking place or if they've had a mysterious visitor from the orient who may be either trying to buy the place or sell them something.

It's frankly ridiculous, move on.

The demand for constant and ongoing communication on every conceivable topic by some people on this Board is frankly absurd. The club is a business and one rooted in its community for whom communication should be utilised for effective marketing and occasional good news stories to push the feel good factor. Any serious issues should be communicated when the business in question has had time to analyse and respond to the relevant issue.

I'm a customer of numerous other local businesses also rooted in their community (pubs mainly). I expect them to tell me when something good is happening or they have a promotion taking place. I do not expect to be kept appraised of the full range of financial transactions taking place or if they've had a mysterious visitor from the orient who may be either trying to buy the place or sell them something.

It's frankly ridiculous, move on.

If you and your mates had a 5% stake in one of the boozers, you might expect answers about slot machines, which you've been told you'll get nothing from, are taking up all the space of the pub you had a percentage of. Edited by longtimeblue

If you and your mates had a 5% stake in one of the boozers, you might expect answers about slot machines, which you've been told you'll get nothing from, are taking up all the space of the pub you had a percentage of.

I haven't though and neither I suspect do most on here. Other than that good point.

I must be very very sad but to be honest I can't wait for the notes to be published purely just because it will make my Friday night reading the comments ?

Could be the most straightforward answers ever and by the time the comments on here get 3 pages in I dread to think what they've morphed into ???

How the hell did we all survive back in the 70's, 80's & 90's with out the constant feed of information via twitter eh?

Bring back the days when you had 'billy bull:censored:' in the local telling you all the goings on cos he delivered Milk to Hardy or Butterworth! :-)

Bring back the Pink

At least you could have a pint whilst listening to someones opinion

The pink was class. I was lucky enough to catch the last few years of it. Game finished by 5 be in the shop by 7pm on the day of game if I remember correctly.

We used to all pile in the pub and the Newsagent from across the road would bring the pink across and have a pint or 2 whilst handing them road! Great Days and the 1st time you would be able to see all the scores, tables and 'most' goalscorers

Shop shut at 6.30pm so there was always a rush to get them out quickly

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod