Mark Moisley on BBC Radio Manc for next hour

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if he'd had a core of 4 to 6 regulars then we'd all feel differently.

I just want to think it harsh to judge him now as to whether he is decent.

He had 1 week to out a team out to start gelling.

He had 4 weeks to start of the season

He had 7 weeks till th window shut, with no loans for first time.

Hes had half a month of not being certain if embargo Wil be lifted.

Does it excuse some of the performances. No.

But it's not fair to judge the bloke yet.

How many managers could do it?

6 weeks? He got the job on 9th July and 1st league game was exactly 4 weeks later. Where do your 6 weeks come from?

He needed a squad to start playing together in the friendlies as well.

Till the end of the transfer window didn't have to be complete by millwall did it!

Till the end of the transfer window didn't have to be complete by millwall did it!

I'd say the 1st team squad had to be pretty much completed by Millwall yes. He needed to have the majority of players in for friendlies to decide if he was offering a lot contracts before season kicked off. So he didn't have 6 weeks to decide on which 23 players he wanted. The majority had to be in for millwall.

What on earth would be the point of playing Youths in friendlies? You want friendlies to build the team for the first League game.

It's a long old season. I'd have rather he made use of the full window and used the first two or three League games as friendlies if it meant getting a few higher quality players in. I doubt we'd have done much worse than we have by rushing and signing this group of no hopers anyway.

Although, he worryingly chose this group because he knew and trusted them.

It's a long old season. I'd have rather he made use of the full window and used the first two or three League games as friendlies if it meant getting a few higher quality players in. I doubt we'd have done much worse than we have by rushing and signing this group of no hopers anyway.

Although, he worryingly chose this group because he knew and trusted them.

What higher quality players are you thinking?

I actually think he's made some really good signings.

Who is to say if he'd have brought a few "higher quality" players in they would have performed?

Obviously with so little time to sign players he's going to try and get a few he knows when he has so many to bring in

Back on topic, I thought the interview was pathetic. Moisley came across as an apologist for Corney with exactly the same kind of mildly patronising "you don't understand" type of answers along with a pretty complacent "it'll all be fine when things improve"

Why won't Corney and his cronies just come clean and show the supporters the actual financial situation and what arrangements are in place for Blitz and Gazal? It's pretty obvious they will be protecting their own "investment" but I genuinely fear that may involve the effective destruction of our football club

The Trust seems ineffective, our former so called fans representative went native and got himself a place on the Board and now we are reduced to a staged "interview" with Corney. I appreciate the fans doing that mean well and have put a lot of effort into collating and preparing questions but I think we all know how they will be answered by Corney

Back on topic, I thought the interview was pathetic. Moisley came across as an apologist for Corney with exactly the same kind of mildly patronising "you don't understand" type of answers along with a pretty complacent "it'll all be fine when things improve"

Why won't Corney and his cronies just come clean and show the supporters the actual financial situation and what arrangements are in place for Blitz and Gazal? It's pretty obvious they will be protecting their own "investment" but I genuinely fear that may involve the effective destruction of our football club

The Trust seems ineffective, our former so called fans representative went native and got himself a place on the Board and now we are reduced to a staged "interview" with Corney. I appreciate the fans doing that mean well and have put a lot of effort into collating and preparing questions but I think we all know how they will be answered by Corney

Let's just bin off the interview that's trying to get answers to things like the finances you mention. That makes sense.

What do you suggest then? Obviously you think the fans meeting is pathetic

I think that we all know that as soon as they are on the Board they have a club tie and are in the Boardroom on matchday, It's all downhill from then.

Just let us get on with the "Interview" and take it from there.

Let's just bin off the interview that's trying to get answers to things like the finances you mention. That makes sense.

What do you suggest then? Obviously you think the fans meeting is pathetic

McDuff, stop being so reactionery. Ritchierich made some valid points, stop being so bloody naive!

I think that we all know that as soon as they are on the Board they have a club tie and are in the Boardroom on matchday, It's all downhill from then.

I don't think there has been much of a board for the last few months due to resignations and leavers (one has must be replaced).

Off the top of my head and without going to companies house, is there about 6? I did post a few weeks ago what do the non-employed club ones actually contribute business wise to the club?

Simon Corney -Chairman

Barry Owen

Mark Moisely - CEO

Simon Brooke- Is your Trust rep and is at the club one day a week out of his own business time and match days. Maintaining the Trust relationship with the club and promoting both trust and club where and whenever he can.

Anthony Gee-down as businessman

Ian Hill - down as chartered accountant

Seriously, what do they contribute to the club with regards to a business plan?

Edited by underdog

I don't think there has been much of a board for the last few months due to resignations and leavers (one has must be replaced).

Off the top of my head and without going to corporates house, is there about 6? I did post a few weeks ago what do the non-employed club ones actually contribute business wise to the club?

Simon Corney -Chairman

Barry Owen

Mark Moisely - CEO

Simon Brooke- Is your Trust rep and is at the club one day a week out of his own business time and match days. Maintaining the Trust relationship with the club and promoting both trust and club where and whenever he can.

??

??

Seriously, what do the others do?

Tracey, we all know that it is a 1 man show.

I know, I know and I presume it's the chairman who dictates the frequency of meetings too, when he is in the country and not trying to sell us and source a scoreboard

Just wondering what is the purpose of this board if not to generate business our selling potential? Especially if there are only a couple who are doing this

You don't need a board when you've a one man band in town. Just out of interest what does Simon Brooke spend a full day a week doing on our behalf?

I don't have a full itinerary, of what he actually does as per say and I am too knackered to dig out the latest stuff-sorry. but we are briefed/updated at our meetings by Simon and we plan accordingly.

We are just behind with posting the meetings on the trust site, which has been raised and soon to be rectified