Shez press conference

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erwin should be nowhere near a blue shirt, he had plenty of opportunity to prove himself at our level and failed miserably, be happy if we managed to bring in Main and Holloway with Osei and McKay as back up.

Clean slate for all of them now.

Different manager, different system/instructions can make a player a different player....

Even Reck(f)ord

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest nonaenever

But why finance someone who's he's never worked with and been involved in our downfall ?

Didn't take a much respected and out of work Peter Shirtliff to Notts County with him did he?

Seems more to this than meets the eye.

I`m honestly not having a pop personally, BP, but why oh why do we think we have a right to know every intimate detail of everything that ever goes on? Can't we just be happy for a little while, for once, that we appear to have done the right thing?

A blind man with a stick could see that, nice fella as he clearly is, Robbo was another one simply not ready or not up to managing. I`m sure some people just want to see us fail so they can say "told you so" (and that's not at you BP - just a general comment).

We know Shez's track record with us. I`m not actually bothered about his track record elsewhere - he's been very good with us whenever he's been here.

I`m going to have a few beers tomorrow - hopefully see a win but it's v early days - but there is now a glimmer of light where before it was darkness all around.

I`m honestly not having a pop personally, BP, but why oh why do we think we have a right to know every intimate detail of everything that ever goes on? Can't we just be happy for a little while, for once, that we appear to have done the right thing?

A blind man with a stick could see that, nice fella as he clearly is, Robbo was another one simply not ready or not up to managing. I`m sure some people just want to see us fail so they can say "told you so" (and that's not at you BP - just a general comment).

We know Shez's track record with us. I`m not actually bothered about his track record elsewhere - he's been very good with us whenever he's been here.

I`m going to have a few beers tomorrow - hopefully see a win but it's v early days - but there is now a glimmer of light where before it was darkness all around.

The idea of your meeting with SC as I understand it is to end this secrecy at the club and find out more about what's really going on, so to have a go at me for questioning why Robinson has gone and not his coach doesn't fit.

Edited by BP1960

I would imagine Sheridan has taken the job on the basis that he needs to keep Baraclough and Nash until the end of their contracts, rather than the club paying them off now. I'd be surprised if their contracts run past the end of this season. If he doesn't like them, he can bin them off then.

I would imagine Sheridan has taken the job on the basis that he needs to keep Baraclough and Nash until the end of their contracts, rather than the club paying them off now. I'd be surprised if their contracts run past the end of this season. If he doesn't like them, he can bin them off then.

If that's the case and we go down he will get a lot of flak for not insisting on his own men just because the club wants to save money.

I'm torn.... I think he's lucky to have a job..... but his record with us is excellent. If he can do what he did last season again, I'll be indebted.... but I refuse to sing his name.... and I don't trust him telling us he's staying for 2 1/2 years. I feel emotionless towards his appointment..... but I look forward to getting behind my football team. Come on Oldham. KTF.

Guest nonaenever

The idea of your meeting with SC as I understand it is to end this secrecy at the club and find out more about what's really going on, so to have a go at me for questioning why Robinson has gone and not his coach doesn't fit to me.

BP - I did say I wasn't having a pop personally :swordfight: - the fans' (not my) meeting with SC and MM will address sensible issues. Some suggested a maximum of 12 questions - I received in excess of 170! (some were admittedly duplicates). We've got that down to 20 odd. What we won't be doing is expecting every intimate detail of everything that has ever gone on. Some things will be bound by contractual confidentiality, some will be "competitor sensitive" etc.

We shall seek some honest answers to some important topics - but honestly, read some threads and see some of what is being asked.

If that's the case and we go down he will get a lot of flak for not insisting on his own men just because the club wants to save money.

He said he was happy with them, and noted their enthusiasm, having worked with them both befoe

None of us know how the day to day is going, so we'll just have to trust Shez I guess.

I'm sure if it was a real problem he'd have got someone in if he thought best.

Keeping Carlo Nash might have been necessary to ensure Conor Ripley stays for all we know.

Edited by singe

He said he was happy with them, and noted their enthusiasm, having worked with them both befoe

None of us know how the day to day is going, so we'll just have to trust Shez I guess.

I'm sure if it was a real problem he'd have got someone in if he thought best.

Keeping Carlo Nash might have been necessary to ensure Conor Ripley stays for all we know.

Admittedly I had to listen carefully, but he didn't say he had worked with them before, he said he had contact with them when he had worked at other clubs.

As I've posted Baraclough's record as a manager isn't that bad, I thought it was worse. Adding fuel to the fire that Robbo isn't cut out to be a manager but he's a decent coach? BUT having said that pretty much every player he signed went backwards. The keeper and Clarke apart

To be honest when I first saw the photo advertisement for the movie clip..it scared the bejesus out of me.

He's he to do a job, not going to get emotional about it, he did it last time, let's support and hope

Edited by underdog

As I've posted Baraclough's record as a manager isn't that bad, I thought it was worse. Adding fuel to the fire that Robbo isn't cut out to be a manager but he's a decent coach? BUT having said that pretty much every player he signed went backwards. The keeper and Clarke apart

Come on be fair. Not Every player went backwards....some passed it sideways too?

"don't get me wrong, money's nice, you;re not gonna turn it down" or something like that....

Just watched again.

He said 'I won't lie. I got an offer, very good offer, it was better, a lot better than Oldham'. They way he said it seemed like it was mostly financial, could be wrong though.

I'd rather Shez got Shirtliff back....

I might be wrong, but wasn't Shirtliff Shez's second choice last year? If so, for the life of me I can't remember who 1st choice was supposed to be. And didn't Shirtliff move to USA for a job? Or have I got it all arse about face?

I might be wrong, but wasn't Shirtliff Shez's second choice last year? If so, for the life of me I can't remember who 1st choice was supposed to be. And didn't Shirtliff move to USA for a job? Or have I got it all arse about face?

Shirtliff moved back here from USA for the job. Not sure whether he moved back out after leaving us, think someone on here has said he's been at a few of our games this season.

I didn't get that impression. No doubt he was offered more money but I thought he meant that the more important reason was that Oldham wouldn't support him in the players he wanted and he didn't want a season of struggle and Notts County was the better option. I can't blame him for going but don't really understand why he'd want to come back...

Er.......maybe he wants/needs a job?!!!

Hopefully because the club realised it was a mistake not to have backed him last year (i.e. on issues around the playing front) - everything has now been squared on that front and assurances made - and he's signed up happy for 2 and a half years (and stated he deffo won't be going anywhere else). Sounds very much like a good reconciliation and the most positive news for a long time.

Oh come on....really!! I'm all for being positive and looking forward but please let's not kid ourselves. What assurances, exactly? Where on earth is the evidence for that? What does a 2.5 year contract really mean? How long was his contract last time?

I wish him well, I really do, but he has an enormous job on his hands this time, and whether he keeps us up or not why should anyone take it as read that he'll be here throughout that contract?