Shez press conference

Oh come on....really!! I'm all for being positive and looking forward but please let's not kid ourselves. What assurances, exactly? Where on earth is the evidence for that? What does a 2.5 year contract really mean? How long was his contract last time?

I wish him well, I really do, but he has an enormous job on his hands this time, and whether he keeps us up or not why should anyone take it as read that he'll be here throughout that contract?

Will SC be here in 2.5 years time?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of your meeting with SC as I understand it is to end this secrecy at the club and find out more about what's really going on, so to have a go at me for questioning why Robinson has gone and not his coach doesn't fit.

Well said BP. Don't want to sound cynical, but I've almost begun to wonder whether NNN is SC ! :applause1:

Will SC be here in 2.5 years time?

Fair point !

I just worry that the more we get excited about Sheridan's return - and given our situation it is as good an outcome as we could have hoped for - the more scope there will be for despair and misery if/when he leaves early the next time. My heart has been broken once too often when it comes to following Latics. But here's hoping.

Well said BP. Don't want to sound cynical, but I've almost begun to wonder whether NNN is SC ! :applause1:

Thanks WO, I respect NNN as a good guy who has stuck to his word and will put fans questions to SC, the problem is to my mind unconvincing answers to new questions seem to arise week by week at as this club.

Guest nonaenever

No I`m not Mr Owl. Why would you think I am? Is there something wrong with being positive about something for a change? I am an evidence based person. According to many people, Shez left a year ago because we were doomed, with no money at all, with Administration imminent (this is imminent virtually every week according to many on here) etc. etc.

Clearly, the evidence shows that isn't the case. We even had mention only yesterday of imminent Administration - quite unbelievable. I thoroughly enjoyed it when Shez returned last season - I`ve been thoroughly depressed by Robbo's style this season - I would suggest it's perfectly normal human behaviour, therefore, for me to be relatively happy at this moment. Of course, Mr Corney isn't human - so that should answer your question definitively.

No I`m not Mr Owl. Why would you think I am? Is there something wrong with being positive about something for a change? I am an evidence based person. According to many people, Shez left a year ago because we were doomed, with no money at all, with Administration imminent (this is imminent virtually every week according to many on here) etc. etc.

Clearly, the evidence shows that isn't the case. We even had mention only yesterday of imminent Administration - quite unbelievable. I thoroughly enjoyed it when Shez returned last season - I`ve been thoroughly depressed by Robbo's style this season - I would suggest it's perfectly normal human behaviour, therefore, for me to be relatively happy at this moment. Of course, Mr Corney isn't human - so that should answer your question definitively.

There is nothing wrong with being positive about Shez coming back. But it was a reaction, nothing more and should be recognised as such.

That is nothing at all to do with the planning in this this Clusterfcuk of a football club, whilst Rochdale and Fleetwood etc move on past us.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Some aspects of the management changes have me baffled, but I am hoping too Shez will work the oracle, lets see how it goes is all we can do now.

Clean slate for all of them now.

Different manager, different system/instructions can make a player a different player....

Even Reck(f)ord

Nope not having that about Reckord. Saw something 15 minutes into his debut (before being injured) at Millwall that I've never seen before that told me he was going to be a truly awful player. Hoped that he'd prove me wrong but he then went on to prove his ineptitude in abundance. Charles Dunne every time ahead of him. Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest nonaenever

There is nothing wrong with being positive about Shez coming back. But it was a reaction, nothing more and should be recognised as such.

That is nothing at all to do with the planning in this this Clusterfcuk of a football club, whilst Rochdale and Fleetwood etc move on past us.

and I`m hurting as much as anyone about Rochdale etc. - thing is, we either do something about it - which we are trying to do as a collective group of fans - or we don't and just continue sniping about everything all the time. Having spent the last 4 hours going through the 170 plus questions again to make sure I haven't missed anything for the fans' pre-meet tomorrow - it was probably a short fuse when someone says something like "Are you Corney?". Find it quite immature if I`m honest - and should learn to ignore it - but hey, as I said, I`m human :drinking45:

Fourtherence if you include caretaker!

Meanwhile, back at the Oldham manager Auction...

Auctioneer: Ladies and gentlemen, I have fourtherence. At fourtherence. Any advance on fourtherence?

Yes! At the back.

What was that sir?

Man: The fifth ammendment!

Sold to the man at the back passionately tapping the Oldhams badge on his chest.

My question is, Shez said, in the interview or press conference, that at the end of last season he felt he couldn't take us any further after keeping us up.....which was part of the decision to move to Notts County............what happens when (or if) he keeps us up this season?

What is likely to be the difference between May 2017 and May 2016??

My question is, Shez said, in the interview or press conference, that at the end of last season he felt he couldn't take us any further after keeping us up.....which was part of the decision to move to Notts County............what happens when (or if) he keeps us up this season?

New owners, wishful thinking I know, but we live in hope!

Just watched again.

He said 'I won't lie. I got an offer, very good offer, it was better, a lot better than Oldham'. They way he said it seemed like it was mostly financial, could be wrong though.

I think he's also said that he doesn't have an agent , doesn't need one

If that's the case and we go down he will get a lot of flak for not insisting on his own men just because the club wants to save money.

The one thing we have done well this season is keep the ball out of the net.

Last season Sheridan brought Shirtliff in to organise that side, while he concentrated on the offence.

Perhaps he thinks these two gave done well enough to carry on?

Well enough at sticking eleven men behind the ball?

There will be an obvious pay off for us playing twenty yards up the pitch and attacking in numbers and our 6th best defensive record may well come under pressure, I can't see the team sat in their own half for most the game today now Shez is back.

Ha, ok I apologise for the Corney crack, just my warped sense of humour. I do appreciate all the effort that you've put into this and I really do hope that Sheridan's latest coming is a sign of better times and longer term planning. We must all get behind him and I wish you all the best in holding Corney's feet to the fire.

That was my main question following his return - if

If you left us in May 2016 as you claim (in this press conference) that you couldn't take us any further then why return when nothing has fundamentally changed?

The interviewer should have pressed on this. Has Corney promised funds for strengthening NOW to avoid relegation? Has Corney promised funds for improvement next season and the season after....or was something said to Sheridan that assures him our longer-term prospect have improved from May 2016.

If Sheridan had opportunities elsewhere then why OAFC? Yes he loves the club but he's ambitious and wants success - will that happen at a club bottom of the league without a pot to piss in? Probably better the devil you know....

Exactly my thoughts. Whose tied down for beyond this summer ? Fane , banks & Dummigan ? That's it isn't it ?

We will be in the same position .

Sheridan has always been poor at interviews and nothing has changed in this regard. The last two he did at Notts County are embarrassing really.

I don't think he's that poor... At least you see a more honest (if we can say that about him...) man in front of the cameras. I used to watch all the pre-match interviews when Shez was here last season, but watched none of Robinsons.

Fair point !

I just worry that the more we get excited about Sheridan's return - and given our situation it is as good an outcome as we could have hoped for - the more scope there will be for despair and misery if/when he leaves early the next time. My heart has been broken once too often when it comes to following Latics. But here's hoping.

One thing that is clear is that you have a greater chance of being successful when you are in a more positive environment. Let's try and get that back once again... probably why Sheridan wanted to start on Monday to prepare for the next game better. A loss today could kill some positivity