Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View from the north stand, there was a big pull on McClaughlin's shirt as he went to jump for a header at the back post....probably the softest penalty claim of the lot! - but a definite penalty!

It was McLaughlin definitely, probably far less of a pen than that on Clarke moments earlier but he definitely gave it for the second 1.

Camera misses it but there was a blatant shirt pull, I think it was on Holloway but he could have given three penalties within 15 seconds

Agreed. Definite shirt pull which was clear even for me half way back in the North Stand.

View from the north stand, there was a big pull on McClaughlin's shirt as he went to jump for a header at the back post....probably the softest penalty claim of the lot! - but a definite penalty!

That's what I saw.

Key difference between this and the others, was that for me, the others were all between 2 players that had been pulling each other all over the place and not that clear.

This was a player pulling away from his marker with the ball heading towards him and the shirt was pulled back - much more obvious to me.

That's what I saw.

Key difference between this and the others, was that for me, the others were all between 2 players that had been pulling each other all over the place and not that clear.

This was a player pulling away from his marker with the ball heading towards him and the shirt was pulled back - much more obvious to me.

Not as obvious as clarke being rugby tackled from behind with the ref looking right at it

Not as obvious as clarke being rugby tackled from behind with the ref looking right at it

Thing is, that in all those circumstances, Clarke also had hands/arms round the other player. It was a regular pushing contest.

For the actual pen our player was free and pulled back, easier to give for me.

From 12000 miles away and have just watched the highlights. For me not enough praise has been given to Gerrard for our second goal. Instead of just hoofing it forward he looks up towards Holloway and then plays a perfectly weighted ball over the top of the defence. It gives us a 3 on 2 which to be fair Holloway uses brilliantly.

From 12000 miles away and have just watched the highlights. For me not enough praise has been given to Gerrard for our second goal. Instead of just hoofing it forward he looks up towards Holloway and then plays a perfectly weighted ball over the top of the defence. It gives us a 3 on 2 which to be fair Holloway uses brilliantly.

You're not wrong there Stewrat, it was Futcheresque.