Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st half crap again. Sick of repeating myself but that midfield will see us go down. Green has started, but is he even on the pitch? Literally zero effect on the game. Same with Banks, same with Mclaughlin. Reckord is the worst left back in the history of football, painful to watch.

Well what was pleasing was that I saw an Oldham striker win a header for the first time in 6 months.

Not sure the diamond in midfield is working to well and Mclaughlin up top appears to be struggling, hes a winger abd a right winger at that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Jesus some negative miserable two hats in this thread in the last few posts. First half was buff and puff but not that bad, we dominated second half. We never looked in trouble the whole game. Fane, brilliant. Holloway, brilliant. Green was awful first half, better second. We def need a couple of players for midfield.

We'll be fine this season.

6000 empty seats? I don't think so.

That 2nd half performance has given me hope, as poor as Peterboro were we pressed them and never let them settle on the ball. Fane, Flynn and Green worked there nuts off and Banks even got in a few decent challenges. But for me it is what Holloway brings to the table that makes the difference to good effect and can hold it up bringing the midfield into it.

Still a long way to go but I feel a lot happier tonight.

For anyone who thinks we weren't much better, this is the first game of the season we don't need Ripley in the MOM vote. Nobody played badly (1 player had a couple of moments in an otherwise much better showing). We out-tacticed a decent team and won the midfield. I think some people have, quite understandably, forgotten how to be happy.

We were excellent, they were awful worst Peterborough side I've seen in a long time BUT we wanted it more and hard work did beat talent tonight.

Ripley - nothing to do

Wilson - steady pushed on well. My MOTM

Clarke - a real rock, cigar on

Gerrard - usual self

Reckord - Nervy at first grew into it and did well

Flynn - drifted in and out but looked to get forward

Banks - drove us on, even put his foot in a few times

Fane - still going strong at 95 mins

Green - was excellent won the ball back time and again

McLaughlin - :censored:e up front better when he ploughed the channels

AAH - quiet first half, absolute monster in the second half

Score line didn't flatter us and other chances such as Clarke's headed off the line. McLaughlin's narrowly deflected effort first half. The one AAH moved onto yet was someone blocked eased off getting a proper connection and Banks poor effort when he had time and space. Apart from their effort in injury time that snacked the bar they offered nothing except the scramble in the first half.

Edited by oafcprozac