Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit to Shez tonight.

Some restless souls including myself were looking at the bench long before the penalty was given.

Even then he persisted with his starting formation allowing McLaughlin that cucial second goal.

Posh were dire, particularly second half and Shez's patience paid dividends.

Would Robbo have done the same?

Experience speaks volumes.....

Credit to Shez tonight.

Some restless souls including myself were looking at the bench long before the penalty was given.

Even then he persisted with his starting formation allowing McLaughlin that cucial second goal.

Posh were dire, particularly second half and Shez's patience paid dividends.

Would Robbo have done the same?

Experience speaks volumes.....

You are right - when Robbo would have used a sub Sheridan stuck with the game plan. And (other than the fact that now the ball sticks up front) we had a game plan.

The inflexibility of Peterborough struck me, when it was obvious that their 2nd half playing from the back wasn't working and they stuck with it I felt hope!

Also lovely to see us causing problems from a corner - we have some muscle at long last.

Holloway brilliant.

What did Shez give them at half time?

Didn't realise the prices had gone back up. Fairly sure the PA guy said we offered the lowest-priced League One tickets when plugging the Bradford game.

Might be wrong, PA System in the North Stand isn't great.

He 100% did say that.

Can anyone clarify the prices?

Edited by oafc_lover

In hindsight they should've had a return section behind each stand where fans who had excess tickets could give redistribute them rather than take them into the ground or leave them at home

As the game went on they did let fans in playitlivo who mentioned it on here was one and few others who had tickets.

Guessing there worry was the risk of the stands being full & fans blocking the stairways but once they saw empty seats common sense was used

There's been talk that Corney was entertaining two Chinese men at the match and could possibly be representatives of his visits over there for investment.

I'm probably adding two and two to get five but coincidence that both attend this game when we offer free entry to pack the stadium.

A full ground, a great atmosphere on the way to a win and the home fans bouncing and noisy would definitely influence the two and their investors to strike a deal perhaps?!