Latics v Posh

Very pleased after tonight. I'm amazed at the attendance as from where we were sat in the middle of the North Stand - right in front of Corney has his two Chinese mates as it happens - there did not look to be almost 3k empty seats (Chaddy End aside).

First half was same old, however we completely bossed the 2nd half. Pressed high, and very well infact, and Posh created absolutely nothing.

Ripley - 6 (lowest rating of the season because had nothing to do)

Wilson - 7

Clarke - 8

Gerrard - 7

Reckord - 5 (still toss)

Fane - 8

Green - 7

Banks - 7

Flynn - 8

McLaughlin - 7

Holloway - 8 (oh how I have missed his hold up play)

Roll on Saturday.

Edited by sjk2008

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pleased after tonight. I'm amazed at the attendance as from where we were sat in the middle of the North Stand - right in front of Corney has his two Chinese mates as it happens - there did not look to be almost 3k empty seats (Chaddy End aside).

First half was same old, however we completely bossed the 2nd half. Pressed high, and very well infact, and Posh created absolutely nothing.

Ripley - 6 (lowest rating of the season because had nothing to do)

Wilson - 7

Clarke - 8

Gerrard - 7

Reckord - 5 (still toss)

Fane - 8

Green - 7

Banks - 7

Flynn - 8

McLaughlin - 7

Holloway - 8 (oh how I have missed his hold up play)

Roll on Saturday.

Disagree with some of your ratings. I thought bar the assist holloway looked off the pace, understandably. Flynn was terrible until a 10 minute spell when he actually tried.

I'd give Green an extra mark to who I thought was excellent.

Edited by welshgaz

Absolutely bossed that game especially the 2nd half.

As Prozac said worst Peterborough side I have seen not taking anything away from our performance.

The best I've seen us play that 2nd half all season although I've probably only done about 10 games at a maximum.

I just hope that the big crowd and that performance lifts the whole place now and we can kick on.

OWTB

Disagree with some of your ratings. I thought bar the assist holloway looked off the pace, understandably. Flynn was terrible until a 10 minute spell when he actually tried.

Opinions eh?

I thought everyone was bang average in the first half, but Holloway showed what we've missed in that 2nd half. Green was pretty dire until his goal, and then got a lease of life.

I was impressed with Flynn's workrate and how well he pressed them at goal kicks, and won a number of corners through neat footwork down the right hand side.

Thought Banks played well and Holloway made a difference.

After the first goal Green found a new lease of life and the whole team played with confidence.

Well deserved in the end.

Think Green is one of a few who need a massive confidence injection.

Perhaps if McKay was on the pitch the penalty could've done the same to him.

Hope he's back to the form he begun the season in because as Shez says we need left footers.

Opinions eh?

I thought everyone was bang average in the first half, but Holloway showed what we've missed in that 2nd half. Green was pretty dire until his goal, and then got a lease of life.

I was impressed with Flynn's workrate and how well he pressed them at goal kicks, and won a number of corners through neat footwork down the right hand side.

Absolutely. I lost count of the times Flynn went into tackles half heartedly. With his lack of defensive attributes he has to create miles more. Maybe Shez will get the best out of him?

Absolutely. I lost count of the times Flynn went into tackles half heartedly. With his lack of defensive attributes he has to create miles more. Maybe Shez will get the best out of him?

I think sometimes we have to accept, rightly or wrongly, that some like a tackle and some dont. I would much rather see Flynn doing his bit in an attacking sense than sticking his foot in here and there - he can leave that to Green & Fane as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, even Banks got stuck in on occasion tonight!

I think we need to give Ollie Banks abit of credit thought he had a decent game overall he helped break up play and won the ball back on a number of occasions and spread it well and a number of his corners caused problems.

Thought Holloway looked a little rusty though he didn't get much change of their number 5 who was huge, but it's good to have someone uptop who can win a ball.

Think we saw an improvement from Green and Flynn overall I think we saw an improvement in a few players confidence which should help.

Still think we need 3 more players but overall I think we should take the positives that was a good second half performance.

Regarding people being locked out, we passed a couple of blokes go back through the Rocky car park to Sheepfoot Lane shouting to all and sundry that it was locked out. We went through with a mixture of ST'S and reserved ones and there were loads of people sorting spares out for anyone without

7'200 plus I stand corrected.. Spoke to a steward at half time who said the ticket office had issued 2k on the night before K.O, great to see a few more bums on seats and some old faces back at the match.

Hopefully a few have seen enough to see the rest of the season out with some big games left.

Holloway impressed me, his footwork seems to have improved massively I rated him last time but I don't remember him being so tricky with his feet back then.

Ngoo big strong adds a different dynamic to our attack get a few players running off him and we will do well.

Fane is still improving.

Clarke Wilson Gerrard as a back three we're more mobile than I expected.

Atmosphere was brilliant, felt almost like a cup tie and was nice to hear the songs with a bit of umpff behind them.

Bradford should bring around 3k with them Saturday, lets hope we have done enough tonight to bring 4k home fans.

Ripley 7

Wilson 8

Clarke 8

Gerrard 8

Reckord 5

Fane 7

Green 7

Banks 5

Flynn 7

McLaughlin 6

Holloway 6

Banks sprayed the ball well tonight and put some tackles in, Reckord didn't do much wrong, Holloway was a handful and besides scoring McLaughlin put a shift in.

I can't see where you get those low marks from.

Perhaps you can explain why they were so poor?

Edited by BP1960

7'200 plus I stand corrected.. Spoke to a steward at half time who said the ticket office had issued 2k on the night before K.O, great to see a few more bums on seats and some old faces back at the match.

Hopefully a few have seen enough to see the rest of the season out with some big games left.

Holloway impressed me, his footwork seems to have improved massively I rated him last time but I don't remember him being so tricky with his feet back then.

Ngoo big strong adds a different dynamic to our attack get a few players running off him and we will do well.

Fane is still improving.

Clarke Wilson Gerrard as a back three we're more mobile than I expected.

Atmosphere was brilliant, felt almost like a cup tie and was nice to hear the songs with a bit of umpff behind them.

Bradford should bring around 3k with them Saturday, lets hope we have done enough tonight to bring 4k home fans.

As predicted Shez's first comment about Fane after the Gills game alluded to Carlton Palmer, if he's half as effective as he was for SW then we're onto a winner. Now we just need a similar player to the fella who played alongside Palmer.

Flynn had a very good game. More through getting stuck in than creating....

I think we need to give Ollie Banks abit of credit thought he had a decent game overall he helped break up play and won the ball back on a number of occasions and spread it well and a number of his corners caused problems.

He's a good player and, barring us signing better, I think Shez will get him putting a foot on it and running games between now and the end of the season.

He got a load of :censored: at one point in the second half after picking up the ball under pressure on the left touchline, turning cleverly & playing a great ball right down the middle.

Nobody had anticipated it but somebody should have done yet Banks was the one getting grief.

He's a good player and, barring us signing better, I think Shez will get him putting a foot on it and running games between now and the end of the season.

He got a load of :censored: at one point in the second half after picking up the ball under pressure on the left touchline, turning cleverly & playing a great ball right down the middle.

Nobody had anticipated it but somebody should have done yet Banks was the one getting grief.

Worth it for that glorious Hollywood ball in the first half.