• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goram (GOAT)

Warhurst - Barret (speed + skill )

Milligan (mongrel)

Quinn - Ritchie (Goals galore)

(Quinn is so underrated but one of the best finishers we have ever had at Boundary park)

Subs - Irwin (why is he hardly mentioned in our list of great, skilful and fast defenders?)

Marshall (versatility)

Henry ( toss a coin between him and Milligan )

Goram - Excellent five a side keeper.

Milligan - Duracell energy tackle winner.

Stainrod - Skills

Earl B - Quick and tough

Shez

Sub Ritchie, Groves, Quinn, Rhodes, Gregan

I was composing mine before you posted - glad you also chose Milligan :OASISscarf:

BTW - your a man short!

Really???

If he's THAT good. .

Why has never touched the prem? Or even the championship.

I'd take any number of our premiership midfielders over Baxter any day of the week. 5 a side or otherwise.

5 a side has different rules different nets a different size pitch and different numbers height and speed don't come into it as much it's alot more about your first touch and the ability to use the ball in tight areas which was joses great strength.

It was Lee Johnson who described him as a £20 million pound 5 a side player.

Mine would be

Lee Grant

Nick Henry

Barrett

Eyres

Baxter

Ritchie

Sub: wellens

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 a side has different rules different nets a different size pitch and different numbers height and speed don't come into it as much it's alot more about your first touch and the ability to use the ball in tight areas which was joses great strength.

It was Lee Johnson who described him as a £20 million pound 5 a side player.

Mine would be

Lee Grant

Nick Henry

Barrett

Wellens

Eyres

Baxter

Ritchie

Fair do's.

Agree about type of player/the game/first touch.

However Is Baxter better than his similar type- shez, tricky, Henry, wellens. Not for me.

Baxter stood out in league one. The above stood out in higher leagues.

Disagree. As much as I love Jose he doesn't work hard enough. As anyone who's played 5-6 a side will know you have to stay with your man.Jose Diego Baxterdona would not be tracking back I wouldn't have thought. Unless he was off his tits on the gear that is

Na. If you're a :censored: player you have to track back and run around... if you're Jose Baxter you just pull strings from the centre and barely work up a sweat, same too with Matty Palmer.

Kelly..Shot stopper

Barrett..Quick to cover

Whittle..Shoot from distance

Groves..Dribbling skills.

Ritchie..Goal scorer

Stainrod..Clever.

Interesting point re Kelly.

I always used to think he was fantastic, but having watched DVD's that I've recently acquired, he was at fault (or at least should have done better with) a fair few goals that we conceded...

Fair do's.

Agree about type of player/the game/first touch.

However Is Baxter better than his similar type- shez, tricky, Henry, wellens. Not for me.

Baxter stood out in league one. The above stood out in higher leagues.

It's true that those players made an impact in higher leagues the big difference between those players and Baxter is that they made the most of their natural talent whereas I feel the story of Jose Baxter is going to be one of what might have been. I genuinely believe he is one of if not the most naturally talented player we have had with the ball at his feet post 1994.

Goram (GOAT)

Warhurst - Barret (speed + skill )

Milligan (mongrel)

Quinn - Ritchie (Goals galore)

(Quinn is so underrated but one of the best finishers we have ever had at Boundary park)

Subs - Irwin (why is he hardly mentioned in our list of great, skilful and fast defenders?)

Marshall (versatility)

Henry ( toss a coin between him and Milligan )

Absolutely nailed it there mate.

He was a character for sure but he played a couple of dozen games for us, remeber being on a Barlows coach heading for an away day and we were supposed to be picking him up on the way, needless to say he didn't show up much to the dismay of his father (I think) who was on the coach with us. Wasted talent and potentially could of been a great keeper for us.

Edited by yarddog73