Ngoo?

Have I read this right that when people shout Ngoo's name when he is coming on/on the pitch that's racist? Good luck on getting a charge against someone for shouting his name!

Won't happen, there's no legal basis to charge anyone for chanting his name.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read any of this thread and judging by the couple of posts above mine here (about racism...WTF???), I'm not going to waste my time either.

What I will say though, is I don't particularly like what we do when he comes on simply coz it sounds like he's being boo'd as he comes on. Our lot do enough of booing players as it is :laught30:

Oh dear...you will be telling me next " some of my best friends are black"

Until we moved house three months ago, our next door neighbours were black and a nicer couple you couldn't wish to meet. Having clarified that, what exactly was the point of the post I just quoted? It's lost me, because I was simply wondering if Ngoo actually liked the welcome he gets or was he offended by it? We don't know, simple as that, so your response has me baffled.

Until we moved house three months ago, our next door neighbours were black and a nicer couple you couldn't wish to meet. Having clarified that, what exactly was the point of the post I just quoted? It's lost me, because I was simply wondering if Ngoo actually liked the welcome he gets or was he offended by it? We don't know, simple as that, so your response has me baffled.

Ah, you were the racist bloke who got his comeupence at the end of the show.

Not read any of this thread and judging by the couple of posts above mine here (about racism...WTF???), I'm not going to waste my time either.

What I will say though, is I don't particularly like what we do when he comes on simply coz it sounds like he's being boo'd as he comes on. Our lot do enough of booing players as it is :laught30:

I think he'll know it's not booing...

I think he'll know it's not booing...

A player who is described as being "like a giraffe on acid" and "like a squid on a carousel" on the same thread? He's won me over already! The mystery of Mr Ngoo.

The rest of the thread is a joke, surely?

The best two descriptions of a footballer I have heard in quit some time. A giraffe on acid? Poetry.

Next time I see him fall on his arse on Latics player I will undoubtedly scream Ngooooooooo!!! All the way from the States.

BTW in the states practically any player whose name has an oooh sound in it is usually given this treatment ( see Al Toon in American football, Lou Merloni in Baseball and Tuuka Rask in Ice Hockey) and no one is offended.

Enough about America...