Millwall at home

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Obadeyi was substituted because he is either unable or, more likely, unwilling to pass the ball when approaching the penalty area. Chris Taylor did some excellent work and gave the ball to Obadeyi who then instead of passing it back with Taylor through on goal kept it and lost it.

I also thought Ngoo gave another cameo which proves he is not simply a lump but a decent player who is hard to handle and who will score for us if he is on the pitch long enough.

It was a cracking performance by our lads with a little help from Millwall who until the last 15 were clearly set on two banks of four and not conceding which blunted their attacking threat - rather strange against a team scrapping for survival. Could be they were worried about injuries on our mud patch.

What can you say about the last five minutes. Yes we have Connor Ripley a goal keeper and a game that will live in our memories.

Connor RipleyVerified account‏@ripley_connor 16h16 hours ago

Great point! Happy to have got my 14th clean sheet and of course happy with the penalty saves @OfficialOAFC

Connor RipleyVerified account‏@ripley_connor 2h2 hours ago

Happy to be in the team of the week again! 2 weeks running and well done to Willo @OfficialOAFC #OAFC

Richard Cartwright‏@riccartwright1 19h19 hours ago

@ripley_connor Going to PM you my address big man. Come round. You can have the house, the cars, the wife, the kids.....EVERYTHING! #oafc

Arlene Finnigan‏@arlenefinnigan 20h20 hours ago

OLDHAM COUNCIL TAXPAYERS IN FAVOUR OF A PUBLICLY FUNDED GOLD STATUE OF CONOR RIPLEY IN PARLIAMENT SQUARE PLEASE RT #OAFC

Millwall Tv reaction to the second penalty miss, worth a watch just to see the look on their faces ?

Just getting an error message

As someone else said - can you Latics fans chanting the name of the player that had missed 2 pens in 4 minutes?

Had the chance to sign him from non league Halifax, but was deemed no better than what we had got.

Think money may of been factor, I was told he was still working a quiet well paid job whilst playing for Halifax, apparently he was earning more doing that than what we offered him at the time, I personally dont dislike the lad

We had JCH at the time, Baxter had already gone and Rooney had just been released. It was late in the January window 2014, supposedly had agreed a fee around 100k but he couldn't agree personal terms as he earned a reputed 4k a week as a sparky in their family firm and didn't want to take a pay cut.

The reaction of Millwall supporters to Lee Gregory, at the game and on social media, is exceptionally positive.

Maybe Latics fans could learn a thing or two from them.

It's much easier to be positive to a player that has scored so many goals for you over the past few years.

The reaction would be exactly the same by us if Ripley drops two in his net tomorrow at Northampton...

If anyone has an email address for Topoff can they forward it to me please? I got my pic taken with him on Saturday and would like to forward it to him (poor lad was freezing - I only managed a few seconds with my top off!)

I doubt his main form of correspondence is email...

Best off tweeting or messaging him on Facebook.

Cool, cheers, I'm not on twitter or facebook myself but I'll set an account up and drop him a line.

If you dont get any joy, pm me before the Bury game, I cant get to Walsall and :censored:ed if I'm going to Northampton on a Tuesday night, so I will have a word with him at the Bury game.