Naming the Jimmy Frizzell Stand

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether the Trust looks at another fundraiser for this is another matter as TBH, the lack of scoreboard movement is not casting us in a good light as we pushed this initiative over the finishing line so to speak for the club. I am loathed/concerned if we do something like this again if the club will struggling to make good on their promises and we the Trust, get tarnished because of it.

never loathed Tracey, keep trying please

Part of the trust deal with the club Re scoreboard was that any funds generated re advertising/fans messages was to go back to the trust.

The trust would then use the revenue on two fronts. The trust war chest being one and more fan funded initiatives being the other. Money raised by the fans, for the fans.

This now sounds to me as the club have moved the goalposts, I could be wrong but it maybe the case that future revenue goes back to the club. Some may say that this is not a bad thing, helping the club. BUT it was not part of the deal the trust struck with the club.

If confirmed, then it's very disappointing not to get a scoreboard and not to get the money raised off it too.

My advice would be to keep building up that war chest and speedily

Cheers

We were looking at arranging a memorabilia/swap shop style of market/sale at the club. Either pre/post match or maybe on a Sunday. Also looking at donations too for either the new upper bar area to around the ground to brighten up the place/celebrate our history.

All in early discussions of course but we felt the mood was not right pre shezza return for it.....might still not be right until we are certain of relegation safety. So TBA

Like the memorabilia swap meet idea!

Cheers

We were looking at arranging a memorabilia/swap shop style of market/sale at the club. Either pre/post match or maybe on a Sunday. Also looking at donations too for either the new upper bar area to around the ground to brighten up the place/celebrate our history.

Great ideas Underdog

Regarding the naming of the stand - It has to be the club that does a lot of the heavy lifting on this one, stop relying on volunteers to do the hard work and cop all the :censored: when things get delayed or fail. SC does not have to do it himself surely he can delegate a task like that to one of the directors.

People pledged money for a scoreboard so no matter how :censored: it is that is what should be delivered.

If you go to the trouble of naming a stand then make sure you do it.

The Trust should be giving serious consideration to ending official link with club, little more than a convenient punchbag at the moment.

Just a question, if 26k is well below what's required to buy a scoreboard, why was that set as the new target when the campaign was relaunched?

And for leeslover, what have deposits been paid for, a scoreboard or electronic advertising?

Wouldn't be the first time a scoreboard fund has gone walkabouts though, would it?

We need to be careful here.

The money that was allocated previosuly was reserved and added to this fund IIRC.

But that is the problem with this taking so long, aspertions are cast, and I have confidnce that the money is being kept separate, but even if the right things is done eventually not everyone gets to hear about it and the suspictions linger. Just the wrong way of doing things.

Hello Chaddy, the warchest is a healthy £14K approx. at the moment. okay..it wont buy us the club...

What would help us greatly is strength in numbers. That everyone does activate their trust season ticket membership and there will be a big promotion on this coming soon

Edited by underdog

Maybe I have too much faith that the club/owner will be announcing/liasing with all contributors and us in general with an update soon on scoreboard and stand re-naming

Oh well the sun is out, the sky is blue and i'm stuck at work...so who knows

We need to be careful here.

The money that was allocated previosuly was reserved and added to this fund IIRC.

But that is the problem with this taking so long, aspertions are cast, and I have confidnce that the money is being kept separate, but even if the right things is done eventually not everyone gets to hear about it and the suspictions linger. Just the wrong way of doing things.

I should have probably added that it turned up when questioned by The Trust IIRC.

I heard a rumour back in January that the scoreboard money was used to settle the transfer embargo. (This is alleged and could be (and probably is) false, just to be careful there).

Hello Chaddy, the warchest is a healthy £14K approx. at the moment. okay..it wont buy us the club...

What would help us greatly is strength in numbers. That everyone does activate their trust season ticket membership and there will be a big promotion on this coming soon

:lol: