Naming the Jimmy Frizzell Stand

An idea.

The official site has tweeted this pic (of the 125) arriving at Walsalls ground.

How about something similar to sponsor with names (I think larger text will be needed) to fund naming the Jimmy Frizzell stand?

I've tweeted the idea to Mark Moisley and Simon Brooke

C6E57PHXMAEtg3r.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to be cynical but we've had 2 scoreboard funds now and no scoreboard what makes you think if we raised money for a sign for Jimmy Frizzell and we really should have some kind of permanent memorial what makes you think it would actually get done?

Not an unfair point. It would stop some people contributing too.

A bit separate, the naming of the stand would be a lot easier. Maybe a local company could do it too.

I have posted this idea before but my rugby league club has a 'legends' walk just outside the main stand

sponsorship paid for it all and have their names on the tiles underneath.

Would look good just outside the north stand - for a few of the managers and players. Pays for itself and all it needs is someone from the club to organise.

Legends-walk.jpg

Along with a big sign or even just a painted name showing everyone the name of the stand, a plinth like that above just to give a little history of who Jimmy was and recognise the great deeds he did for our club would be lovely.

And get one sorted for big Joe too before its to late please :OASISscarf:

I have posted this idea before but my rugby league club has a 'legends' walk just outside the main stand

sponsorship paid for it all and have their names on the tiles underneath.

Would look good just outside the north stand - for a few of the managers and players. Pays for itself and all it needs is someone from the club to organise.

Legends-walk.jpg

Looks good that and there's plenty of room for something similar

A bit separate, the naming of the stand would be a lot easier. Maybe a local company could do it too.

Well tell you what let's get the score board up and running and then lets see if we can then do a crowd funding for Jimmy Frizzell. Let's also do something for Joe Royle. These are things that will make Boundary Park feel like home. Edited by GlossopLatic

What if the money raised went directly to the Trust and they organised it rather than to the club?

What if the money raised went directly to the Trust and they organised it rather than to the club?

The Trust took responsibility for the scoreboard didn't they? 13 months since that appeal went out and still no obvious development is at best poor from the club.

Wouldn't hold your breath on anything like this happening whilst the current set of leeches are in charge of the club.

This.

If they can't make money out of these amazing legends signs, no point doing it.

Edit: but something like those ones in the pictures would be :censored:ing awesome.

Edited by blueatheart

The Trust took responsibility for the scoreboard didn't they? 13 months since that appeal went out and still no obvious development is at best poor from the club.

The trust took over the responsibility over the fundraising when it seem to stall at about £9k, renegotiated an extension until the end of the season with regards to the time and a more realistic money target of about £26k, from I think £36k. The original agreement is between club and Tifosy.

The club/chairman still have to give permission to install the scoreboard you/we the fans have raised the money for but the chairman decided he could source a better deal/screen (Chinese possibly) on one of his trips pre Xmas I think. I believe now the chairmans new train of thought is maybe a perimeter board around the pitch.

I missed the last Trust board meeting but I believe the team have been pushing for an update with Mark Moisley who was in attendance as I concur....an update/statement is needed.

It's certainly is an idea, we have been thrashing about some up and coming events. Maybe we could look at the next former players event and fundraising specifically for it. I will ask at our march meeting.

The club/chairman would still have to give us the go ahead on whatever style of "naming" we do though

It's just Corney buying time hoping everyone will forget about their money they parted with in good faith, he half heartedly offered a refund for anyone unhappy with the outcome which worries me more as it would suggest he's actually got sweet FA lined up. It was sold as something to help generate much needed revenue streams which we now don't appear to need.

If I had put money into a scoreboard fund and the club used it to pay for some new advertising boards (albeit electronic ones), I would be mightily pissed off. Can the trust get some clarification asap?

We did raise that with MM, he said that fans would be given a refund if they didn't feel that a perimeter fence was what they'd given for. It's a shame the Club haven't been in a position to put a statement out yet, we get the frustration from those who want to see some return on their donations

It's just Corney buying time hoping everyone will forget about their money they parted with in good faith, he half heartedly offered a refund for anyone unhappy with the outcome which worries me more as it would suggest he's actually got sweet FA lined up. It was sold as something to help generate much needed revenue streams which we now don't appear to need.

It's not his money though is it? God knows what the delay is but it won't disappear.

Don't want to stir, like, but the idea that the Chairman could just divert the funds into another project - advertising boards or whatever - is an absolute disgrace.

If it didn't make enough to fund a scoreboard refund the fans. One of the campaign points was that fans, whether you were bothered or not, we're recieving something for their money. What are fans getting back with perimeter advertising?

Don't want to stir, like, but the idea that the Chairman could just divert the funds into another project - advertising boards or whatever - is an absolute disgrace.

If it didn't make enough to fund a scoreboard refund the fans. One of the campaign points was that fans, whether you were bothered or not, we're recieving something for their money. What are fans getting back with perimeter advertising?

Bigger playing budget?