Season Tickets 2017/18

£300 is a decent offer, as I said £13 a game. But 2 weeks is not enough time.

Feel that we have made a mistake with this.

But everybody who was going to buy a season ticket who is unhappy with the 2 weeks notice is telling us they would have had the money at the end of May which has traditionally been the standard cut off for early discounts (last season aside).

They can get it on finance now and pay it off in May when they're telling us they would have had all the money.

Also, if memory serves me correctly £300 is less than I paid for the North Stand or RRE prior to this season. £330 rings a bell.

So, if these people have truly been saving all year for this in such a disciplined manner they were surely working on £300 as a minimum but probably a bit more.

They will now have £250 worst case but probably closer to £300.

This suggests to me they are just being cranks for the sake of it.

The only people who were intending to buy a season ticket for next season who will lose out here are those who can't get the finance.

It's unlikely not being able to pass for the finance will come as a surprise to most who can't pass for the finance.

A tiny number of people might unfortunately have an unexpected problem but, as illustrated above, they should already have £250+ together if that's how they fund their season ticket year in, year out so even some of them must be able to tap a friend or family member up for £50.

It seems difficult to put a number on the amount of people who were intending paying cash for a season ticket in May who will now not be able to take advantage at £300 but I'm going to put my neck on the line and say with 99.9% certainty it's......

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may well be fair, but surely the club are still the ones who are losing out if fans haven't prepared accordingly, because they might not buy a ticket. I don't really see what they have to lose by announcing season tickets earlier if they're provide a short-notice date for supporters.

Just in case - why don't we all work on the basis it will be March again next year? Like it was last year and this year.

I think it's condescending and arrogant to think you have the right to advice people on how they should control their finances, get your head out of your arse and respect that not everyone else's situation mirrors your own.

People are moaning that they weren't given notice. Last two years ST's have been out in March and April so you would expect them to be out around now as other clubs have released them already. I wouldn't expect anyone to have £300 spare straight away so why is it condescending to say surely you must have organised this in advance?

Club isn't to blame for people not organising themselves properly.

Latics should really take a look at successful models a little further afield. Consider the Brisbane Lions "Loyal Lions" model of which I have participated in since its inception 10 years ago.

The cost of my seat is $45 if I pay on the day.

There are 11 home games and my season ticket costs $450. That means i get one free home game every season; however, the biggest benefit is that the payments are spread over 10 months at $45 per month.

No interest.

The season runs from the last week in March to the last week in September and the first payment is taken out of my account in December. That means that by the season opener, i have already paid for 4 games plus the free one.

It doesnt smash the back pocket and i can budget as if its a pay on the day.

There are various other benefits such as two free tickets per year for family or friends and one free entry to a Victorian game. This season the season opener, which is a week on Saturday, is away at the Gold Coast...35 minutes down the road. The first 5k Loyal Lions who register, get free admission. I cannot wait.

It is an awesome model, i get to sit and watch at a world class venue in an unrestricted view seat.

Shame we have been so :censored:.

However, this year...

No one should expect to be paying for a ST in bloody March. Like they shouldn't have last year either. It wasn't right then and it's not right now. End of.

I've got the money, I had the money last year but that's not the issue here. I've always backed this club with money. Some may say wasted money.

Let's just say some haven't got £300 right now for whatever reason. Maybe it's needed to support their families first, maybe they want to go to Amsterdam. The fact remains why last and this year Bloody March? why? Let's have that reason debated and put right, that's the real issue here.

Let's just say some haven't got £300 right now for whatever reason. Maybe it's needed to support their families first, maybe they want to go to Amsterdam. The fact remains why last and this year Bloody March? why? Let's have that reason debated and put right, that's the real issue here.

What's so special/different about March? As opposed to May, or April, or August or December?

What's so special/different about March? As opposed to May, or April, or August or December?

To me it's clear to pay for the now season and not the next, which the next ST money is supposed to be for. Did you not notice how :censored:e the squad was and how late it was assembled this season?? That's the real issue isn't it.

The desperately stupid March deal last season meant the utter dross I've sat through this. Is this the SPECIAL norm from here on in?

To me it's clear to pay for the now season and not the next, which the next ST money is supposed to be for. Did you not notice how :censored:e the squad was and how late it was assembled this season?? That's the real issue isn't it.

The desperately stupid March deal last season meant the utter dross I've sat through this. Is this the SPECIAL norm from here on in?

I meant what was so special about March - as opposed to other months in the year - with regards to people not being able to buy season tickets if they needed to feed their family or wanted to go to Amsterdam?

Latics should really take a look at successful models a little further afield. Consider the Brisbane Lions "Loyal Lions" model of which I have participated in since its inception 10 years ago.

The cost of my seat is $45 if I pay on the day.

There are 11 home games and my season ticket costs $450. That means i get one free home game every season; however, the biggest benefit is that the payments are spread over 10 months at $45 per month.

No interest.

The season runs from the last week in March to the last week in September and the first payment is taken out of my account in December. That means that by the season opener, i have already paid for 4 games plus the free one.

It doesnt smash the back pocket and i can budget as if its a pay on the day.

There are various other benefits such as two free tickets per year for family or friends and one free entry to a Victorian game. This season the season opener, which is a week on Saturday, is away at the Gold Coast...35 minutes down the road. The first 5k Loyal Lions who register, get free admission. I cannot wait.

It is an awesome model, i get to sit and watch at a world class venue in an unrestricted view seat.

Shame we have been so :censored:.

However, this year...

I forgot to mention that as good as the model is, you are not obliged to complete the full programme. However, the longer you are in the programme, the more benefits you get. I am up to 35% off club merchandise.

You can only join the programme if you have been a season ticket holder for two consecutive years. If you drop out mid-season, you start from scratch whenever you become a season ticket holder again.

So whilst the club do get revenue prior to the season starting, they do not get it all. The incentives to the fan are very much aligned with the financial gains of the club pre-season.

Yes, hopefully this time next year we won't need the cash desperately as seems to be accepted as the reason for this.

Keeping Shez and having a "normal" pre season should see to that. It seems that simple to me (albeit with loads that could go wrong).

Edited by HarryBosch

I forgot to mention that as good as the model is, you are not obliged to complete the full programme. However, the longer you are in the programme, the more benefits you get. I am up to 35% off club merchandise.

You can only join the programme if you have been a season ticket holder for two consecutive years. If you drop out mid-season, you start from scratch whenever you become a season ticket holder again.

Can you imagine the piss boiling? :lol:

I meant what was so special about March - as opposed to other months in the year - with regards to people not being able to buy season tickets if they needed to feed their family or wanted to go to Amsterdam?

There is no difference, that was my point it doesn't matter what others want the money for or when, it's their money. I would hazard a guess those that live week to week (which many do up north) these punters in the main are your pay on the day people through necessity.

Yes, hopefully this time next year we won't need the cash desperately as seems to be accepted as the reason for this.

Keeping Shez and having a "normal" pre season should see to that. It seems that simple to me.

We all know it's to make sure we can get through this season...all we're doing is repeating last year - I'm afraid we're facing another summer of misery and another season of playing players absolutely nobody else wanted

The club clearly has an immediate desperate cash shortage, and chronic cash flow problems longer term, as was the case last year.

They are just doing anything they can to get some cash into the club, desperate times call for desperate measures, I can't blame them for that.

We need new ownership and with it some investment, in order for us to get out of this cycle.

One of those links doesn't work and I still can't see how to renew on the other....

Aslong as your are registered on the ticket site as a ST holder you will have a notification to renew can't miss it if you log in. Already renewed mine.

The club clearly has an immediate desperate cash shortage, and chronic cash flow problems longer term, as was the case last year.

They are just doing anything they can to get some cash into the club, desperate times call for desperate measures, I can't blame them for that.

We need new ownership and with it some investment, in order for us to get out of this cycle.

Well thanks to the Loyal Lions, we are flush with investment capacity...

Poll time:

Oldham Lions or Brisbane Athletic?

Edited by L1onheartNew

No one should expect to be paying for a ST in bloody March. Like they shouldn't have last year either. It wasn't right then and it's not right now. End of.

I've got the money, I had the money last year but that's not the issue here. I've always backed this club with money. Some may say wasted money.

Completely agree, ludicrous to stop the £300 deal when there's still 6 games of the season remaining