Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you never realised that by personally saving some cash it gives the club that same amount less?

Never fails to amaze me this annual chest pumping, whilst the club's bean counters use next seasons money to pay this years bills.

Why have you deflected by shifting the debate? Why not respond to the original point I picked you up on. You said you would wait and see if we are in league 1 before buying, I say it doesn't make any difference to whether I get a ticket or not. So are you doing it give more money to the club because you're a great guy or no money to the club if we get relegated?

Adult season tickets for next season at West Ham start at £289. Not that I'm tempted but... What is City's best offer?

Although i think 300 quid is too much drawing a comparison lile this can't work. Clubs getting hundreds of millions in sponsorship / tv money can 'subsidise' tickets..

Although i think 300 quid is too much drawing a comparison lile this can't work. Clubs getting hundreds of millions in sponsorship / tv money can 'subsidise' tickets..

It works if anyone wants to make a choice between Boundary Park and the Etihad - chances of getting a floating fan is minimal

They don't use it to subsidise ticket prices it's supply and demand they have 60000 seats to fill they try and fill them if they could do it for £600 a time or more in Arsenals case they will do.

Many firms used to either have no money left or go on a spending spree before the financial year end. I suspect we are the former.

That used to be the end of May, I think , before administration and being reborn as OAFC 2004

Not 100% but I think our financial year end is at the end of the calender year now.

Back onto the ST prices, the club have very carefully worded it by saying £250+vat as anyone kicking off about the price will be told they are priced at £250 and are cheaper than the standard price in previous seasons.

Edited by RobOAFC

They don't use it to subsidise ticket prices it's supply and demand they have 60000 seats to fill they try and fill them if they could do it for £600 a time or more in Arsenals case they will do.

Yes. As we pitch the price at the level we think will maintain numbers while we plod on until a buyer comes along or we get lucky some other way

Not pointless for the fair weather fans who pick and choose games. They may not come at all if there isn't a potential saving. Doesn't hurt having it in place!

It does.

People who decide to go at the last minute begrudge paying £24 on the day when they could have paid £20 if they;d bought the day before. So many of them don't.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it is, why put the prices up before the bloody seasons ended! Keep it 300 till at least 2nd may

It's for cashflow though I'd imagine.

I'd like to see it £300 across the board regardless of when you buy it but with some other perk worth having for those happy to cough up early.

Then £20 across the board for non ST holders, again with some kind of incentive if the club still think there's some advantage to some of the thousand or so potential attendees buying online...

I wonder how much the free game against Peterborough influenced the club's decision here?

We had a free game and we couldn't muster 8000 and their was no kick on interms of attendance in the following games. Plus the price drop in the winter months failed to muster anykind of increase in attendances, granted this was on the back of some of the worst football played in living memory. Perhaps they realised that their was no real point in doing a discounted offer as not enough people will take it up. If they could half the prices and get double the crowds I think they would.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I wonder how much the free game against Peterborough influenced the club's decision here?

We had a free game and we couldn't muster 8000 and their was no kick on interms of attendance in the following games. Plus the price drop in the winter months failed to muster anykind of increase in attendances, granted this was on the back of rome of the worst football olayed in living memory. Perhaps they realised that their was no real point in doing a discounted offer as not enough people will take it up. If they could half the prices and get double the crowds I think they would.

Thinking along the lines of "if we had a winning team we could double the crowds at these same prices"... would be better.

Have you never realised that by personally saving some cash it gives the club that same amount less?

Never fails to amaze me this annual chest pumping, whilst the club's bean counters use next seasons money to pay this years bills.

How much is your ST at Rochdale going to set you back?

Thinking along the lines of "if we had a winning team we could double the crowds at these same prices"... would be better.

Quite possibly but I don't think that would happen if I'm honest but you would see an increase overtime.

It's what economists call Price elasticity of demand or what lehmanns would call how many extra you get in for every £ you drop the price and I don't think the demand at Latics is that sensitive to a change in price. We have a stubborn core of 3000 of us who this is what we do on a Saturday and a couple of quid either way isn't going to change that habit.

P.S. For the record £420 is a laughable amount of money for a season ticket for a club in the doldrums of league 1 in one of the poorest parts of the country in a time of potential economic uncertainty. I'd expect a private half time lap dance for that to be included.

Edited by GlossopLatic