Season Tickets 2017/18

Stopped reading this after the first couple of sentences. Finally decided you are just on the wind up. I had taken you seriously but nobody can be that thick. You should get in touch with McDonalds, Coca-Cola or Tesco and let them know their utterly ridiculous mistake of spending their millions on advertising because hey...we all know they're just down the road if we need them. Why promote themselves??? McFlufferboy has the answer to save them millions ???

Like I've said. It's a bit different isn't it. Everyone eats, everyone drinks. So you're tempting them to eat or drink your product over someone else's. Not everyone has or wants a football season ticket and nobody actually needs one. You'll either buy one or you won't. Not hard to grasp the difference is it?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I've said. It's a bit different isn't it. Everyone eats, everyone drinks. So you're tempting them to eat or drink your product over someone else's. Not everyone has or wants a football season ticket and nobody actually needs one. You'll either buy one or you won't. Not hard to grasp the difference is it?

If that's true then, that clown running the club needs to stop crying about the lure of the 2 Manchester clubs down the road then. But guess what...it isn't true. We are even in competition with :censored:ing Curzon Ashton for fans these days!!!

You'll either buy one or you won't. Not hard to grasp the difference is it?

Wrong. There will be plenty of people out there who are on the fence. A proper marketing campaign may convince them to do it.

Don't bother and they probably won't either.

Wrong. There will be plenty of people out there who are on the fence. A proper marketing campaign may convince them to do it.

Don't bother and they probably won't either.

I can't believe in a million years that there is a single person out there who isn't/wasn't going to buy a season ticket who somehow would with better/different/more advertising....

Talk us through this theory....

Edited by HarryBosch

I can't believe in a million years that there is a single person out there who isn't/wasn't going to buy a season ticket who somehow would with better/different/more advertising....

Naive.

Brother's father-in-law is a munich. Comes to most home games, pays on day. Probably hasn't even thought of the savings he could make buying a ST rather than POTD. Stick that in his face and he'll likely bite.

A direct reminder costing virtually nothing can do no harm. I rarely read the official web site. With the exception of last season I'm used to renewing in April or May. It's a no brainer to co-ordinate an email campaign with the web site information.Yes, I used to get that email. For reasons unknown I don't anymore. And a specific campaign for the club's biggest source of income makes sense. Don't you think? I even got a voicemail from the Peterborough chairman once asking me to buy a season ticket there because I'd used their booking system.Makes you wonder why the put it there. Makes you wonder why far more successful companies than our football club advertise anywhere. They're all fools.A 1% take up rate would gross c£90,000. Direct mail campaigns target 1.5%-2% take up.Clarity of fee. Clarity of interest. Clarity of when payments are due. Clarity of why acting now but paying interest is still cheaper than an extra £60 in April.

Co-ordinated low cost activity reaching as many people as possible as many times as possible. Or eff all. Which is best?

Great post and you're right to highlight that some of the marketing fundamentals are missing at the club, particularly with the ST campaign but it's a common theme. It's easy to say that 'crowds will grow only when the performances / results improve', which is logical, but that doesn't mean you disregard basic promotion of your product - particularly not when some of the options available to you are free.

I'd suggest that you put your summary in an email to the club if you haven't done already - wouldn't be surprised to see some activity along the same line next week as a result. It might appear patronising but everyone needs a reminder to do the basics, sometimes.

There are more than 2 groups of people here. Yes there are those who definitely will, and those who definitely won't.

But how about....

1. Existing season ticket holders not planning to renew

2. Existing season ticket holders on the fence about renewing

3. People who pay on the day for more than half the home games (like Metty's example)

to name a few other groups? All people who may be tempted into purchasing with a decent marketing campaign. Doesn't even have to be complicated, opinions4u offered several simple, cost effective ideas, that even with a fairly small conversion rate would pay for themselves many times over.

I'm a lapsed season ticket holder - although I still pay in for nearly every game, what's suprised me is that the club haven't bothered with any sort of correspondence since I failed to renew, now I know the club probably benefits more from me paying on the day but I wouldn't be aware if I didn't post on here that there was a campaign underway, for any sort of campaign to be successful it wouldn't take a huge take up for it to be successful.

3. People who pay on the day for more than half the home games (like Metty's example)

1. They'll be waiting to see what division we are in no doubt. The only way you're likely to tempt them is a money off offer nothing to do with letting them see a billboard.

2. They're probably on the fence due to not knowing division or not enjoying the games. Again same as above

3. If you pay on day like his example for pretty muxh every home game and haven't worked out on your own that doing it that way is more expensive than buying a season ticket there's no hope for you. Also, I'm sure Metty has told him this so why the need for the club to?

With regards to point 3 Mcfluff, I'm pretty sure many pay on the dayers are well aware that buying a season ticket is a cheaper option but I don't begrudge paying £400+ a season to watch my team at home after all as a club we need every penny we can get, your comments are a little bit condescending and I'd suggest that my £440 this season has helped the club out just as much as the money they received for your discounted season ticket.

Edited by yarddog73

Naive.

Brother's father-in-law is a munich. Comes to most home games, pays on day. Probably hasn't even thought of the savings he could make buying a ST rather than POTD. Stick that in his face and he'll likely bite.

How come you or your brother haven't told him?

There are more than 2 groups of people here. Yes there are those who definitely will, and those who definitely won't.

But how about....

to name a few other groups? All people who may be tempted into purchasing with a decent marketing campaign. Doesn't even have to be complicated, opinions4u offered several simple, cost effective ideas, that even with a fairly small conversion rate would pay for themselves many times over.

Existing season ticket holders on the fence or not renewing would only have their minds changed by signings or some other footballing statement of intent from the club, surely?

How would people who pay on the day for more than half the home games be unaware of the cost of a season ticket?

Thinking about it a maildrop to every home in Oldham might work a bit - people who would like to go to football but think £20 a game is too much might find the cost of a season ticket an eye opener. Especially for an adult and 2 kids in the Family Section. Otherwise I still don't get how an advert would prompt anybody to commit to a season ticket who wasn't already going to.

I've signed up for next year - kids included - first time season ticket holder. Been to every home game since January. I agree it good value and it's really as my lads are showing an interest I've been sucked in. My son is 9 and his class there is one other who has a clue about Oldham. The Community Team do some brilliant work but I'm not sure how this turns into revenue - the kids love the coaching at school but it doesn't get linked to the football team. It's been enjoyable family outings for us - surely there are more in the same category but the word needs putting out there (through various methods) to get people in.

I'm not one to get easily offended and won't be leaving the forum over it but that my friend is :censored:ing disgusting ! Just makes you sound like a thick as :censored: numpty. Human beings lost their lives , hilarious innit?

Oxford University graduate in "thick as :censored: Numpty scandal"

Just to clear it all up, yeah I have informed the said Munich about the savings and he's buying a season ticket.

As for it being hilarious? Yeah, it's quite funny