Season Tickets 2017/18

The club clearly has an immediate desperate cash shortage, and chronic cash flow problems longer term, as was the case last year.

They are just doing anything they can to get some cash into the club, desperate times call for desperate measures, I can't blame them for that.

We need new ownership and with it some investment, in order for us to get out of this cycle.

In spite of just having taken another mortgage against the club. Corney might well be pushing Sheridan back out the door to anyone willing to pay compensation this summer. That'd go down well.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those links doesn't work and I still can't see how to renew on the other....

Amended. I can't see how to renew but can see that I can choose my seat. Is there anything in the system to stop people taking existing ST seats I wonder?

Edit - mine isn't actually available now. Hmmm.

Edited by jorvik_latic

We all know it's to make sure we can get through this season...all we're doing is repeating last year - I'm afraid we're facing another summer of misery and another season of playing players absolutely nobody else wanted

That's my worry. I'll find it easier shelling out now knowing there is money to pay for the odd signing or getting some players in good time during the summer (and closed season work on the stadium and pitch). We won't have the excuse of waiting for a manager this time (touch wood).

Anyone who thinks this early bird is offer is aimed as a thank you to the loyal fans, as opposed to a desperate attempt to get monies in ASAP, they need their heads checking.

I'd hazard a guess most are complaining because we are being told that we can get cheap STs if we want, but only if you get them in the next 2 weeks, even though you won't know what division we will be in, what squad we will have and which manager will be in place.

And yes, I appreciate you won't know those details for sure even in May, but as last season proved, we'd know more in May than we would in March.

After last seasons debacle, its no surprise that so many are skeptical of parting with £300 whether up front or on finance, when the last time such an offer was presented it quite obviously ate into the following seasons budget, we lost a manager that us fans have a connection with, and have ended up being dealt with utterly toss performances and next to zero entertainment all season.

People likely don't want to experience a repeat of that - understandably so.

Anyone who thinks this early bird is offer is aimed as a thank you to the loyal fans, as opposed to a desperate attempt to get monies in ASAP, they need their heads checking.

I'd hazard a guess most are complaining because we are being told that we can get cheap STs if we want, but only if you get them in the next 2 weeks, even though you won't know what division we will be in, what squad we will have and which manager will be in place.

And yes, I appreciate you won't know those details for sure even in May, but as last season proved, we'd know more in May than we would in March.

After last seasons debacle, its no surprise that so many are skeptical of parting with £300 whether up front or on finance, when the last time such an offer was presented it quite obviously ate into the following seasons budget, we lost a manager that us fans have a connection with, and have ended up being dealt with utterly toss performances and next to zero entertainment all season.

People likely don't want to experience a repeat of that - understandably so.

Most of that's quite reasonable but you're the first person I've read who's put it that way.

As a compromise what if this deal was put back to say the end of April for the £300 and The end of May for the £360 and just scrap the idea of £420 because that's just a comically bad idea to charge that amount for a season ticket at our club Is that fairer?

That wouldn't raise the money as quickly as it seems they need it though :shifty::mmm:

As a compromise what if this deal was put back to say the end of April for the £300 and The end of May for the £360 and just scrap the idea of £420 because that's just a comically bad idea to charge that amount for a season ticket at our club Is that fairer?

Much fairer

I've renewed online for my father-in-law and I, and also bought a season ticket for my daughter for the first time.

Paid by credit card, with no booking fee.

If you're renewing, you don't get a new season card, you just continue using your existing one.

This would be a viscious circle.

It needs the full price tickets to "subsidise" the cheaper ones, or everyone would have to pay more. eg £350/£400.

If the full price was taken away, we would have a budget akin to the start of this season, we would perform like the start of this season.

More people would not renew because of the quality on the pitch again, and so the downward spiral would continue.

You get what you pay for.

if you want a cheaper season ticket for this years performances, which I take your point have undeniably been dire, imagine what next seasons playing budget and performances will be like....

Edited by singe